View Single Post
(#25)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: "But I'm Too NICE To Go To Hell!" - 08-26-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane_06 View Post
That is YOUR belief, there are millions of different beliefs in this world.
And millions of different bliefs are incorrect. Even should we agree to consider th possibility that Christianiity could be false, you must agree that all the myriad contradictory theologies cannot stand in the face of the "truth".

Quote:
Every person with a different belief, believes as faithfully in their belief as you beleive in yours. They believe, hard as iron, that they know the true God and what God expects of them. They believe hard as anything worldly that THEY possess the true knowledge of God and which religion is the true religion.
The strength of one's wrongness does not allocate credit to the initial flawed premise. Also, I would say it is an exerercize in innacuracy to suggest all people believe with the same degree of certainty. Some are stronger, some are weaker. As established before a majority of these people are wrong. All of these persona-centric theologies are simply too divergent to be accurate. There is one truth to the reality of our existence. (I suppose if one were so inclined they could try and pull something to the effect of "Maybe different religions are true to different people" but thuis would simply be an exercize in yet another relgious viewpoint to invalidate all others from)

Quote:
Many are born in this religion, all their lives they are brought up NEVER EVER IN ANY WAY to question or even think twice about the belief their entire surroundings believe in.
First of all, with the interlinked nature of the modern world, there are few places today that deny people access to the information they need to turn to Jesus Christ. Second of all, anyone who never questions their religion has built their house apon the sand so to speak. If you have not placed your faith through the crucible of introspection, it's a distinct possibility you have a weak and fragile faith.

Quote:
There are millions of different relgious beliefs in this planet, as every main religion possesses endless branches teaching teachings based on it, but that stray from the central belief.
The fact there are so many wrong beliefs does not make a lie any less harmful. The "if everyone jumped off a cliff argument" works well in this situation. One cannot divert personal responsability for religious innacuracy simply because that's what everyone else is doing these days. Everyone has an equal responsability to find the truth and attempt to understand it.

Quote:
"Know why you claim my God does not exist, and you will know why I claim yours does not" - anonymous
A shared opinion or perspective likewise does not validate the results. If I have a strawberry under a plate and you have a grape, if we both believe each other have grapes under our plates, one of us is right, and one of us is wrong as far as the reality of the situation is concerned. If I find their doctrine rediculous and they find mine rediculous, if mine is true, I am correct while simeltaneously allowing the other man to be wrong. (in the attempt to appear appear impartial in this precept, the revese could also be said true, as could an instance where we were both sure each other had an orange under their plates)

Quote:
How can you even ever know YOU are following the right path?
You can never know completely, knowledge is not faith. God judges your faith when you stand before him when your life has passed. True comprehensive knowledge would invalidate the significance of the human belief of God.