View Single Post
(#16)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Newton is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: The Atomic Foundations of Science Debunked - 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM

"Not wishing to spoil you in your outbursts of Non-understanding................ but:

The Bible is simple to follow and understand. Even for me as a Woman.
If there is something I don't understand I ask a Pastor.

You don't need a knowledge of Physics just the power of Faith.
I am an expert in my own Faith."

I have a far greater understanding of the sciences than you appear to, I'm afraid. I'm also fairly knowledgable of the Bible, perhaps not as knowledgable as you, my friend, but my knowledge is wisdom, which is far greater, I'm afraid.

I don't NEED a knowledge of physics, but as I have said umpteen times before, I enjoy studying Gods hand in the ways of the world.

The Bible is generally simple to follow and understand - but the greater depths of the Bible are as complex as life itself.

____

Mr. Brooks, you are naive. AIDS is caused by a virus - the human immunodefficienty virus. The black plague, otherwise known as the bubonic plague was caused, again, by a micro-organism. Radiation can cause cancer, but cancer is not radiation. Cancer cells are formed in our bodies constantly, right now we probably have cancer cells. However, under normal circumstances they are destroyed. Under abnormal circumstances they aren't, and thus you either get a malignant or benign cancer which can then cause death. Cancer is caused by mutations in cells.

The other examples you mentioned were down to Gods hand, not by any terrestrial catastrophe.

Chernobyl was a nuclear disaster and the accident caused widespread radiation, which has killed many people, scourged the land and many babies are born crippled. That is what radiation can do.

Hiroshima, and of course, Nagasaki were two more disasters, this time caused by nuclear bombs rather than a nuclear power station. Similar effects are observed.

Are you really that idiotic?

So, no, its not always radiation, but it can be.

I said I would not bore you with the details, therefore we do not need to discuss it.

The examples of balls are mentioned are spherical in shape. Glue several basketballs and footballs together and you get something that isn't spherical, thats not too hard is it for you to understand? I can't "prove" atoms, by definition, its a theory, but I can be 99.9999999999999999999999999% certain that they exist.

Water and lead are not the same thing, obviously. Although the building blocks of water and lead are the same, the way they are put together forms something new.

In the same way I used the wood analogy. Get some peices of wood exactly the same shape and size and glue them together in one way and you get a cube shaped box. Or you could glue them together another way and you get an oblong shaped box. They aren't the same thing, but made of the same thing. Its not hard to understand for the normal person.

Something about my time here has shown me you are unable to argue your point, instead, you avoid all the stuff that you aren't able to argue against and then make a sarcastic and unsubstantiated comment about something random.

____

I am unable to see the problems in atomic theory. The books of the Bible vary in their age, from around 6000 years old to 1500 years old. Now, I could write a book down and claim it was that old too. To prove that it isn't, and that the book of Genesis is 6000 years old or whatever, we could carbon date them. My book would be shown to be brand new, Genesis would be shown to be 6000 years old.

Carbon dating supports Christianity! There is NOTHING sacriligious about it at all.

Translation: You can believe in both if you have the slightest bit of intelligence within you.