X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I avoid crying when my husband disciplines me?

Sister Mary Maria, I applaud the concern you show for your husband's feelings!

Why, I could never imagine the stresses a true man of the God must feel while keeping his family on the straight and narrow. How hard it must be for him to know when and how to righteously discipline his family! Especially us wayword women. With all these "protective" laws (more like destructive, can I get a witness?) and people in the media, like Rosie McDonalds, telling women to "take a stand" . . . why I just dont know how the world isnt being baptized by fire right this second!

I am by no means an authority on this subject, so please discount my humble opinion if someone has a better idea.
    I think obedience is best shown through lip quivers. Try not to bite your lip to stop the tears; this only causes tension in the brows which makes one look defiant. As women, we want to show submission.
    Also try not to apologize profusely while he's hitting you. I personally think this kind of behavior is cowardly. It's like you are saying, "Ow! I'm sorry! Ow! I'm sorry. Once you stop hitting me though I wont be sorry and I totally havent learned my lesson!! HAHA!!" How condescending of a woman to act like that! And what lesson will you have learned?! Take the beating like a true woman soldier of God!

And remember:
    Apologize only when asked.
    LIke SUV says, SILENT tears say sooo much. Weep crocodile tears if you must but try not to wail and scream in terror - thats what God made whimpers for.
    Lastly, lip quivers say so much! They show true sorrow.

Praise your dilligence in submitting to your husband!
    And praise to the strong husbands in the world! Keeping our feeble female minds in check!

Ephesians 5:23-25
    23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
    24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
    Premarital sex is only a roadblock to holiness. You don't need to touch another person's body–or your own–to have a rockin' good time!
    Abstinence: it's not easy but neither are you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sister Mary Maria View Post
      When I misbehave or don't learn my Bible lessons well enough, it's the duty of my husband, Mr. Whitford, to discipline me, and I accept that. The Lord has ordered me to submit to my husband in all things, and that's the way it should be (Adam wasn't formed from Eve's rib, after all).
      So when he strikes me, it's for my own good. But it does hurt, so naturally I want to cry. He hasn't said anything about it yet, but I want to do the right thing to make his life easier and not distract him from Jesus. Should I try not to cry at all, or wait until he's done and cry in another room so as not to disturb him? Or should I cry right there to show that I'm learning my lesson?
      If I could get some feedback before I ask him, it would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you, and God bless!

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!?!?! if your husband is beating you then you should leave him and go to a woman's shelter if you need to. IT IS NOT FOR YOU OWN GOOD WHEN HE BEATS YOU!! IT IS FOR HIS OWN SICK PLEASURE!!!

sorry for yelling ^ ; but why do you put up with it. it is all good and fine for him to discipline you, but when that disciplining goes so far as to be actual physical harm... then it is not discipline; it is assault.... I feel really sorry for you.

if you want to cry when he beats you then go ahead and cry. god did not tell you not to cry did he? crying is a normal part of life, it cleanses you both emotionally and physically.

If the lord wants you to submit to your husband in every way, that does not mean letting him beat you. that is not submittance, that is cowardliness.

please go and see a councilor.

--Best wishes and sad thoughts. Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by GothicDragon View Post
        WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!?!?! if your husband is beating you then you should leave him and go to a woman's shelter if you need to. IT IS NOT FOR YOU OWN GOOD WHEN HE BEATS YOU!! IT IS FOR HIS OWN SICK PLEASURE!!!

sorry for yelling ^ ; but why do you put up with it. it is all good and fine for him to discipline you, but when that disciplining goes so far as to be actual physical harm... then it is not discipline; it is assault.... I feel really sorry for you.

if you want to cry when he beats you then go ahead and cry. god did not tell you not to cry did he? crying is a normal part of life, it cleanses you both emotionally and physically.

If the lord wants you to submit to your husband in every way, that does not mean letting him beat you. that is not submittance, that is cowardliness.

please go and see a councilor.

--Best wishes and sad thoughts. Dragon.
        How nice of you to assume you know what goes on in my house. When my husband, Mr. Whitford, disciplines me, it's only because I did something to deserve it! It he was beating me for his own "sick pleasure", he'd be beating me day and night, but that's not the case! Last week, for example, I forgot to have the oil checked when I had the car filled. That's not a mistake I will ever make again. See? It's for my own good, and I learn from it! So I'll ask you to kindly get your nose out of my family business and into the Bible.
        Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
        Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
        Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
        All a-Twitter for Salvation!
        Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
        On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
        My Ladies of Landover profile!

Comment

How nice of you to assume you know what goes on in my house. When my husband, Mr. Whitford, disciplines me, it's only because I did something to deserve it! It he was beating me for his own "sick pleasure", he'd be beating me day and night, but that's not the case! Last week, for example, I forgot to have the oil checked when I had the car filled. That's not a mistake I will ever make again. See? It's for my own good, and I learn from it! So I'll ask you to kindly get your nose out of my family business and into the Bible.
          Forgetting to have the oil in the car checked is not a reason for him to beat you.......now you made me sad. I did not know that this kind of thing went on in the world, and the victims think that they deserve it. NO ONE DESERVES THAT KIND OF TREATMENT!!
          I ask again. please see a councilor or get help from someone.
          ((hugz)) and best wishes.
          --Dragon.

Comment

Forgetting to have the oil in the car checked is not a reason for him to beat you.......now you made me sad. I did not know that this kind of thing went on in the world, and the victims think that they deserve it. NO ONE DESERVES THAT KIND OF TREATMENT!!
            I ask again. please see a councilor or get help from someone.
            ((hugz)) and best wishes.
            --Dragon.
            I got all the help and council I need from Landover's fine pastors when I converted from the filthy catlick cult to True Christianity, and Jesus Himself guides me through His Word. How can I get it through your thick skull that this is right and it's God's plan for women everywhere?

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

1Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
            5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
            5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
            3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
            Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Blogging for CHRIST!

Comment

The only time my Honeypie, Pastor Zeke beats me is when I deserve it.

Like talking out of line in church.......burning his steak or interrupting him when he is doing something important.

I should know better and got my just deserts.

Humble, Sister Thumper
              sigpic

Tweet me Here
              My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

I got all the help and council I need from Landover's fine pastors when I converted from the filthy catlick cult to True Christianity, and Jesus Himself guides me through His Word. How can I get it through your thick skull that this is right and it's God's plan for women everywhere?

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

1Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
                5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
                5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
                3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
                .....when people post verses or quotes or whatever I don't even read them...I just skip to the end .

anyway; long story short. It is wrong for men to beat women just like it is wrong for women to beat men. so please talk to a psychiatrist.

--best wishes and lots of ((hugz))
                --Blessed Be,
                -Dragon.

Comment

.....when people post verses or quotes or whatever I don't even read them...I just skip to the end .

anyway; long story short. It is wrong for men to beat women just like it is wrong for women to beat men. so please talk to a psychiatrist.

--best wishes and lots of ((hugz))
                  --Blessed Be,
                  -Dragon.
                  First you disparage my faith and God's Word, which is bad enough (your wilful disobedience of Him makes you far more in need of therapy than I every will be), but now you try to hex me with a Wicced curse?
                  Take that back, or face some Godly infraction points!

Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
                  Last edited by Mrs. Mary Whitford; 06-18-2007, 05:01 AM.
                  Posted via Prayer

Blogging for CHRIST!

Comment

No one should be beating anyone. That's called domestic violence. Nest time he should does it, you should call 911. Burning a steak is no reason to hit you. The approipate response for that would be:

"Honey, you seemed to have burned my steak. Could you please make me another, and check the stove more often?"

Problem solved.

It's times like this I'm sorta glad that I have a pushover for a boyfriend.

Comment

Code:
                      if ($truechristians!="violent") {
                            worldEnd();
                      }
                      Hai guiz wuts goin on in dis internet?

Comment

What ever, I give up. If you want to let your husband *cough*womanbeater*cough* beat you, then that is you rproblem, just don't go crying to people when he breaks your arm or attempts to kill you someday.

still wishing you all the best.
                        --Dragon.

PS: good luck with that psychiatrist you are seeing. I hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Hikari View Post
                          No one should be beating anyone. That's called domestic violence. Nest time he should does it, you should call 911. Burning a steak is no reason to hit you. The approipate response for that would be:

"Honey, you seemed to have burned my steak. Could you please make me another, and check the stove more often?"

Problem solved.

That or get a boyfriend like me, who'd eat it anyways and not really care that it was burnt, since you went to the trouble to actually make me food in the first place.

Comment

PS: good luck with that psychiatrist you are seeing. I hope it helps.
                            I am NOT seeing a psychiatrist, and I'd really appreciated it if you wouldn't spread lies about me like that!
                            Posted via Prayer

Blogging for CHRIST!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Hikari View Post

Problem solved.

You boyfriend sounds like a damned queer to me.

Its a woman's job to cook a Man's steak exactly the way he likes it. It isn't rocket science. If a woman gets away with burning steaks, then what's next? Burning BRAS, that's what!
                              Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                                You boyfriend sounds like a damned queer to me.

Its a woman's job to cook a Man's steak exactly the way he likes it. It isn't rocket science. If a woman gets away with burning steaks, then what's next? Burning BRAS, that's what!

How exactly did you manage to eat regularly before you and Thump hooked up?
                                Now that Obama has won the election there will be big black cock for every white woman!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X