This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to Focus on Family!

As a wise man once said, it's not murder if GOD tells you to do it.
    so, Brother, which wise man was that? I recall one f the Ten Commandments stating Thou Shall Not KILL.

Comment

Originally posted by MAYATOLA View Post
      As a wise man once said, it's not murder if GOD tells you to do it.
      so, Brother, which wise man was that? I recall one f the Ten Commandments stating Thou Shall Not KILL.
      Leviticus 24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

Just one example. Clearly "Thou shalt not kill" means do not commit murder (an illegal killing), not "never kill, ever". Legal executions are perfectly okay!

Please note the use of the word "legal". We are also commanded to obey secular law, even when it allows blasphemers, sodomites, rebellious sons, and witches to walk around free and breathing.
      Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
      Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
      Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
      All a-Twitter for Salvation!
      Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
      On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
      My Ladies of Landover profile!

Comment

Is this where Dr. Brenda Hunter used to be? Is she still around? She was the first person to publish my work in her newsletter Home by Choice. It would mean a lot to hear from her again. Thanks.
        sigpicGenesis 1:20-22
        21And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Comment

After viewing this forum for a couple of minutes I am shocked and revolted! I am a born-again, God-fearing, God-loving protestant and I will not stand to have you say what you have been saying in the name of my loving savior. (I am also white. I don't see why that is relevant in any manner, but it seems important to you "Christians") I have observed racist comments and many anti-Christian statements from people in this forum. The views expressed are not Biblical or Conservative, but rather show similarities Nazism and Darwinian Evolution! I am not liberal as I am sure some will try to peg me as, I am Conservative to the bone. I am also not here to excuse sinful behavior and try to claim that certain things are not sinful (because the certainly are), I am here to preach the true Gospel so people seeking to know Jesus don't come across this forum and are turned away by a message the farthest thing from what the Bible teaches. The Jesus I read about and follow hung out with the lepers, the prostitutes, and the tax collectors because they needed his love the most and were shunned by society. Jesus didn't sacrifice his life on the cross so a select few uptight whites could go to heaven, he did it because he loved all of humanity and the sins of people needed to be cleansed so they are able to join God in heaven. If people didn't sin his sacrifice wouldn;t have been necessary. Jesus died for you and me...and the homosexuals, the prostitutes...AND the liberals. To say otherwise only delegitimizes his sacrifice by saying it wasn't good enough to save all willing to accept it. Dr. Dobson, on the other hand, is a true Chrisitian leader and his ministry Focus on the Family has done much for the will of God. I challenge this false focus on the family to show he is liberal and how slandering him and acting discriminitory spreads the love of Jesus' Gospel. SHAME ON YOU! Cooks like you are the ones that gibe Christians a bad name.

Comment

haha sorry, not "cooks like you" in the culinary sense but rather the crazy person sense. hope that avoids any confusion about my meaning.

Comment

I'm still confused.
              May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
                I'm still confused.
                I just meant crazy people inthe last statement. I am not gonna say everyone here is crazy, I don't intend to generalize, I am just referring to some of the views expressed pn this forum that I have found insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Saved by Agape love View Post
                  I just meant crazy people inthe last statement. I am not gonna say everyone here is crazy, I don't intend to generalize, I am just referring to some of the views expressed pn this forum that I have found insane.

Such as?.

Comment

Originally posted by angels View Post
                    Such as?.
                    Well as i've said, I've only been browsing for a few minutes but the most infuriating are the prejudice statements against blacks, catholics, anyone different from you. As far as Catholics go, I wont deny that there are several child abuse incidents with priests, but there are indeed several decent catholic ministers. Sometimes I confess I find the Catholic religion too obessessed with routine and ritual to be sincere followers of Christ, but I also find many God-loving Catholics who only seek to please Jesus and grow closer to him. I didn't like the way Dr. Dobson was attacked for no reason and without proof and I just saw a glimpse of a forum calling soccer gay. I mean what the heck??? where is the Biblical justifcation for that? (i don't really want to get into the soccer discussion though). I'm sure with more time I can find many more examples.

Comment

You sure have your panties in a bunch. Have you read the threads in the introduction forum? Maybe that will ease your fears.

Comment

Well as i've said, I've only been browsing for a few minutes but the most infuriating are the prejudice statements against blacks, catholics, anyone different from you. As far as Catholics go, I wont deny that there are several child abuse incidents with priests, but there are indeed several decent catholic ministers. Sometimes I confess I find the Catholic religion too obessessed with routine and ritual to be sincere followers of Christ, but I also find many God-loving Catholics who only seek to please Jesus and grow closer to him. I didn't like the way Dr. Dobson was attacked for no reason and without proof and I just saw a glimpse of a forum calling soccer gay. I mean what the heck??? where is the Biblical justifcation for that? (i don't really want to get into the soccer discussion though). I'm sure with more time I can find many more examples.

Soccer discussion?. Oh I've already had that chat here..

Comment

Originally posted by angels View Post
                          Such as?.
                          There is also the whole "unsaved trash" label ordeal that will stick with me until some mortal man and not God decides that I am worthy to be called a Christian. Imagine a nonbeliever seeking to know God that comes here and is called trash. A big turn off if you ask me and conflicts with God's message of unconditional love. God values all of his children and his son died for them. Do you really think Jesus gave up his life for "trash"????

Comment

It's just a formality. I'm sure you've endured worse on your journeys.

Comment

There is also the whole "unsaved trash" label ordeal that will stick with me until some mortal man and not God decides that I am worthy to be called a Christian. Imagine a nonbeliever seeking to know God that comes here and is called trash. A big turn off if you ask me and conflicts with God's message of unconditional love. God values all of his children and his son died for them. Do you really think Jesus gave up his life for "trash"????
                              But you are a Protestant, that is not a True Baptist Christian™. Until you repent and a Church Pastor hears you, you got a problem.
                              I am a bit taken aback by your attitude too. You come on OUR forum, read a couple of threads and make a heap of broad stroked generalizations. That is far from fair. You refuse to read our forum rules and FAQs. If I came to your home after a big party and saw a mess, should I assume you live like a pagan? Should I assume from your few posts, that you are a hateful cruel person?
                              Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                              Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                              Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                              Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                              Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                              Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

But he did. The human race is trash, by and by. Look at it honestly. A very small percentage are True Christians™.
                                Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                                Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                                Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                                Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                                Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                                Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Working...
                                X