View Single Post
(#1655)
Old
Gushing for Jesus

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth Anti-abortion GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden Public Awareness Medal

Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: PROOF God is REAL! - 01-30-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_young_man View Post
My point is that we continue to feel threatened by new discoveries because we fear that in some way they're either sent from the Devil or are attempting to disprove the existence of God.
Hi, and welcome to our friendly forums! I'm afraid you're quite confused here. We're not afraid of anything save the Lord (Matthew 10:28). No one here is afraid of new discoveries, we simply discern false claims from the Truth. Do you have a problem with the Truth? It seems to me you do, because why else would you find a kind and friendly church forum and then accuse everyone of being heartless cowards? I think there is some hidden fear that resides in deep in your heart, and yet your soul is crying out for the Truth. This would explain why you simultaneously ridicule and respect us. Your flesh desires the ridicule, as it is governed by sin, but your soul desires the Truth at is is crying out for its Creator. I find it interesting that rather than read the Holy Bible for yourself, you are playing some subtle game of "Gotcha" with people who have a desire only to serve and love the LORD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_young_man View Post
Finally, we must be very careful with how we define what's the right belief. How can there exist right and wrong in the eyes of faith. We must respect our differing beliefs and their colorful, multifarious nature. We cannot say the Atheist is wrong - his/her faith dictates to them that there is no God. We cannot say the Muslim is wrong - his/her faith dictates to them that Allah send them the prophet Muhammad. Just as they can never say that the Christian is mistaken - for our faith dictates that God appeared to us in the flesh, as Jesus Christ, and who's death and resurrection provided our salvation.

Faith can never be truly right nor truly wrong. There is no guarantee in, or absolute notion of, any one belief system. If there were, there would be no reason for multiple religions - for why would there be if we had irrefutable proof that one was truly right? We can only believe it to be true.

God exists in our hearts. He is a matter of personal expression and individual love. And how can anyone refute that?
Well, the LORD for one refutes that pretty clearly (Matthew 12:30 ). Do you mean to suggest that God wasn't quite sure what He meant when He wrote the Scriptures? Do you mean to suggest that God was intentionally vague and misleading? Do you mean to suggest that in addition to the 40,000+ Christian denominations and thousands of other religions, people with no religion or made up new age beliefs are all correct, even though the diametrically oppose each other? Do you really mean to suggest A can at the same time be A and not A? That's foolishness, dear. Are you potted up on weed right now, because that's the only thing that makes sense here.

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.