X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Aren't Dinosaurs in the Bible?

Then we would also prove it is more then 6,000 years old, meaning the Bible would be wrong. Thanks for proving that.

Comment

Originally posted by NCOH View Post
      Then we would also prove it is more then 6,000 years old, meaning the Bible would be wrong. Thanks for proving that.
      As I understand it, the commonly held belief here, when convenient at least, is that atoms do not exist. This would rule out the use of radioactive isotopes for determining the age of something.
      2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Comment

Uhh atoms do exist... We can see their electrons when we excite them with energy and they fall back into their ground state (neon signs ftw!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gothzilla View Post
          As I understand it, the commonly held belief here, when convenient at least, is that atoms do not exist. This would rule out the use of radioactive isotopes for determining the age of something.
          Atoms may or may not exist, but the supposedly constant decay rates of isotopes is an invention of Darwinism to make the Earth look older than it really is. Every Christian knows that, if these decay rates really exist, they would have been altered by the flood to such extent that no accurate measurements can be made using them.
          Sweet Lord Jesus,
          I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
          Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
          Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
          Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
          Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
          Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
          Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

Amen.

Comment

Around what year did the great flood even happen?

Comment

My proof that dinosaurs and humans DID NOT coexist is that Sarah Palin said they did.

ha.

But seriously, there is not way they lived at the same time, every piece of real science says they were millions and millions of years apart. Dinosaurs are an archaeological reality, Adam and Eve are a religious metaphor. They aren't even a part of the same reality, let alone the same time period.Dinosaurs became extinct about 65 million years ago. Adam and Eve were supposed to have lived about 6 to 7 thousand years ago. (about 4000 BC) They would have never met. However, small mammals (including shrew-sized primates) were alive at the time of the dinosaurs. Many scientists who study dinosaurs (vertebrate paleontologists) now think that birds are direct descendants of one line of carnivorous dinosaurs, and some consider that they in fact represent modern living dinosaurs.

If you've heard otherwise, it's pure nonsense and quite possibly one of the many april fools jokes/pranks I've seen posted on the internet.

I hope this helps clarify. *Note this does not mean that a god did not create humans and dinosaurs through the process of evolution, but they did not coexist.*

Comment

Originally posted by ClarificatiOnDarwin View Post
                My proof that dinosaurs and humans DID NOT coexist is that Sarah Palin said they did.

ha.
                Wow. That's so very rational.

But seriously, there is not way they lived at the same time, every piece of real science says they were millions and millions of years apart. Dinosaurs are an archaeological reality, Adam and Eve are a religious metaphor. They aren't even a part of the same reality, let alone the same time period.Dinosaurs became extinct about 65 million years ago. Adam and Eve were supposed to have lived about 6 to 7 thousand years ago. (about 4000 BC) They would have never met. However, small mammals (including shrew-sized primates) were alive at the time of the dinosaurs. Many scientists who study dinosaurs (vertebrate paleontologists) now think that birds are direct descendants of one line of carnivorous dinosaurs, and some consider that they in fact represent modern living dinosaurs.
                The earth is 6000 years old, so there is no way the dinos could have lived so long ago. I am aware of so-called "dating techniques," but every sane person (aka True Christian(tm)) knows that these are just evil tricks of Satan/Science to fool people with little belief in God. Who do you think knows the age of the earth better, God or some Rubidium and Strontium atoms?
                In short, your entire line of reasoning is based upon the premise of large timespans, but True Biblical Science clearly refutes this.

If you've heard otherwise, it's pure nonsense and quite possibly one of the many april fools jokes/pranks I've seen posted on the internet.

I hope this helps clarify. *Note this does not mean that a god did not create humans and dinosaurs through the process of evolution, but they did not coexist.*
                Unlike you, apparently, we are aware of the jokes and pranks on the Internet, and people like you, with your ridiculous speculations about Creation, all too often turn out to be one. I mean, how delirious do you need to be to believe in evolution?
                Sweet Lord Jesus,
                I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
                Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
                Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
                Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
                Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
                Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
                Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

Amen.

Comment

Around what year did the great flood even happen?
                  Google is your friend (I don't think Jesus is just at the moment) http://www.abiblestudy.com/part1.html
                  sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                  Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Bible (KJV) is not wrong

So you would prefer to believe some guys in white lab coats who come up with a new 'theory' every century than the never changing WORD of our LORD?

Comment

Look. This Earth has been around for a LONG time. God has created plenty of worlds on here over time. One of those worlds was the one with the dinosaurs in it. Then he got sick of those unsophisticated creatures so he just opened up the atmosphere so they all died and then he created the current world (6000 years ago)

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Also, Sarah Palin said they did not cooexist. What more proof do you want, really?

Comment

First: Physics like atoms and stuff is mathematically proven
                        So, as long as you think 1+1=2 atoms exists

Because of that, the radio carbon method is real and working
                        so you know that dinosaurs existed before the homo sapiens exists and then they died out

so Isa 65:17 is kind of right^^
                        First there was a world with dinosaurs, somehow ( no theory is really proven yet) the died out and a new world with mammals arose
                        There is only one rule in Christianity you have to follow:

Deuteronomy 13:6"If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods' (whom neither you nor your fathers have known,

7of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end),

8you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him.

9"But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10"So you shall stone him to death because he has sought to seduce you from the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

2 Corinthians 6: 14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.

17Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.

Comment

Originally posted by Schopenhauer View Post
                          Many thanks for that explanation of the history of so-called science from the Creation to 2010 - the detail is amazing.
                          "kind of right"!!! God is "kind of right"!!! God is Truth! God is exact! God is Perfect!
                          First there was a world with dinosaurs, somehow ( no theory is really proven yet) the died out and a new world with mammals arose
                          Yes, it was called "The Flood." Noah's Ark... remember?

From where do you get this ignorance?
                          sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                          Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

So, as long as you think 1+1=2 atoms exists

Because of that, the radio carbon method is real and working
                            so you know that dinosaurs existed before the homo sapiens exists and then they died out

Why do you hate God so much? Here's the truth, presented in your own language

See what happened to the dinosaurs, and what will happen to you if you reject Jesus!

Comment

"kind of right"!!! God is "kind of right"!!! God is Truth! God is exact! God is Perfect!
                              Yes but humans are not
                              and who wrote the bible?

Many thanks for that explanation of the history of so-called science from the Creation to 2010 - the detail is amazing
                              If you're interested in it , do a research by yourself
                              If you think its wrong, proof mathematically that atoms can't exist

Why do you hate God so much?
                              Why do you hate science so much? Only because through science the world becomes difficult?
                              I don't hate God but I think different from you
                              And a comic is a better evidence than physics?
                              Proof that it is
                              There is only one rule in Christianity you have to follow:

Deuteronomy 13:6"If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods' (whom neither you nor your fathers have known,

7of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end),

8you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him.

9"But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10"So you shall stone him to death because he has sought to seduce you from the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

2 Corinthians 6: 14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.

17Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.

Comment

Yes but humans are not
                                and who wrote the bible?
                                God wrote the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16(A) All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

2 Peter 1: 19And we have the prophetic word [made] surer, to which ye do well taking heed (as to a lamp shining in an obscure place) until [the] day dawn and [the] morning star arise in your hearts;
                                20knowing this first, that [the scope of] no prophecy of scripture is had from its own particular interpretation,
                                21for prophecy was not ever uttered by [the] will of man, but holy men of God spake under the power of [the] Holy Spirit.

If you're interested in it , do a research by yourself
                                If you think its wrong, proof mathematically that atoms can't exist
                                What good is math? Mathematicians claim that pi in 3.14 etc, etc. Whereas the Bible tells us pi is just 3. St Augustine warned us against mathematicians!

"The good Christian should beware the mathematician and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of hell."

"One does not read in the Gospel that the Lord said: 'I will send you the Paraclete who will teach you about the course of the sun and moon.' For He willed to make them Christians, not mathematicians."

Why do you hate science so much? Only because through science the world becomes difficult?
                                I don't hate God but I think different from you
                                I hate science for the Bible tells me to!

1 Timothy 6: 20O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

And a comic is a better evidence than physics?
                                Proof that it is
                                You keep talking about proof. But where is your FAITH!? FAITH is what saves you!

Comment

Working...
                                X