X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Metal Band "Greenday" Threatens Our Youth!

Okay sorry but from what I last heard, Green Day is a christian rock band, some of you need to do your research before you jump to conclusions, but than again I am not a strictly follow the book kind of guy, open minded accepting of those who choose to live their lives, a hardcore rocker, gamer and all around badass dude to talk with. I am sorry but being closed minded isn't going to get you anywhere.
    A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJesture View Post
      Okay sorry but from what I last heard, Green Day is a christian rock band, some of you need to do your research before you jump to conclusions, but than again I am not a strictly follow the book kind of guy, open minded accepting of those who choose to live their lives, a hardcore rocker, gamer and all around badass dude to talk with. I am sorry but being closed minded isn't going to get you anywhere.
      Hello Wicked Jesture.

You do not seem like a badass dude you seem like a person who can not follow directions and can not read the Bible and can not understand that there is no such thing as Christian rock and any time someone calls himself badass they usually get shot right behind the ear I saw it many times in Southeast Asia I did not do it myself I shot from the door of a helicopter made by Bell not the telephone company the other one.

What church do you go to.

Thank you.

Rusty
      Psalms 116:6 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

Comment

@WickedJesture Christians do not wind up in rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJesture View Post
          All rock music, including so-called "Christian rock," is of satan. Read THIS and repent!
          Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Green Day are certainly not heavy metal

They're punk rock

A very different genre style

And to be fair

Green Day are awesome
            Lev.20:13
            If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bands_Are_Awesome View Post
              Green Day are awesome
              Why do you think rape is awesome?
              The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

Comment

Green Day are Rock/Punk. LISTEN to the music and you'll hear the difference from METAL to ROCK. The band formed in 1987, so it's not 'new' and they've released around 10 albums. LOOK THEM UP PROPERLY BEFORE SAYING 'NEW BAND GREENDAY ARE GONNA POISON OUR PRECIOUS CHILDREN' Billie Joe Armstrong actually lost his father, and you've targeted 21st century Breakdown, which is one of their newer albums, the fifth or sixth by now. They have anti-War songs too, y'know.
                I don't believe in God. Sorry, but I don't. I respect SENSIBLE VIEWS of Christians, not stupid ones like this. I do believe there is something after life, but not god.
                seriously, look up bands before insulting them.
                This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
                  It is also amazing that they they "have their lives made complete" by pop groups whom they are unlikely to have met. And it's always the anti-God, anti-Christ, anti-HolyGhost secularist metal bands which engender this "completeness" in absentia.

.The Greendays,
                  ..The My chemical romance,
                  ...The Insane clown posse.

Christians follow The Bible. That means we can read. Therefore we can read the lyrics of black metal, or green metal, or purple metal or any other sort of metal or heavy or screamo or punk or thrash or whatever you want to call it. It all sounds the same and it all has the same message. Satan.

Satan wants everyone to listen to his stuff, and wants no-one to sing hymns praising Jesus.
                  When we get to Heaven that will be the only sort of music there is, how beautiful is that?

Thank You Jesus

In the meantime there are fully 150 Psalms available to recite, or to sing, and if more were necessary for a lifetime of praising Jesus more would heve been supplied. Not by some cynical wordsmith. By God.

There are also hymnals available but be careful: many contain heretical doctrine. Never use one with words like Methodist, Congregational, Unitarian (if they have hymn books), Spiritualist (same as Unitarians, but they might have stuff I suppose), Anglican, Catholic, Orthodox, Presbyterian, "alternative" or "modern" on the cover. Many of these things come with brightly coloured harlots depicted waving their arms in the air. Just like in the mosh pit.
                  Whether it's the mass or a Greendays' song sung from the pulpit really doesn't matter.
                  Heretics, punks, goths.
                  They all go to HELL.
                  FOREVER.
                  it's just Green Day & My Chemical Romance. no 'the' involved.
                  I'm not damned to Hell, I was born going there anyway.
                  What's all you christian people's problem with the LGBTQ community? I know a few religious gay people, so what's the problem?
                  This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN

Comment

Originally posted by keeping it ugly View Post
                    What's all you christian people's problem with the LGBTQ community? I know a few religious gay people, so what's the problem?
                    The problem I have is twofold. One the one hand, they are rejecting the conditional love of my Savior and Redeemer, and I feel very strongly about that. It's cruel to spit in the face of the god/man who temporarily died for my sins.

On the other hand, they're in a conspiracy to recruit our children to become willing receptacles to their perverted lusts. Not only does that harm children, but leads them away from the Saving Grace of .

I hope that helps.

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Nothing that starts with "G" and ends with "ay" is good. Nothing.
                      The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Well, rape's not awesome, it's horrible.

But Green Day are a good band.

They don't promote anything.

So your arguments invalid
                        Lev.20:13
                        If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by Buns_Are_Awesome View Post
                          Well, rape's not awesome, it's horrible.

But Green Day are a good band.

They don't promote anything.

So your arguments invalid
                          How can you say that? All death metal bands are promoting death. It's in the title.

YIC
                          1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Green Day is not a metal band. They are considered punk.

They aren't that bad actually. Some of their songs (which are mentioned in the first comment) are bad. I agree.

But some of their songs are decent. Such as "Wake me up when September ends" which is about lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong's father's passing. Or "21 guns" which is a reference to the 21 gun solute done for fallen soldiers. It's an anti-war song.

So they are decently okay for teens to listen to as long as moderate what songs they are listening to and you check the lyrics first hand. I recommend you do so for all the music your children listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Free to Speak View Post
                              check the lyrics first hand
                              We have.

Comment

Then we should have no problems. If you think they are "evil" and what not, don't listen to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X