View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Forum Member, possibly Irish
Forum Member

Friend of Jesus Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Christian Love

Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.Mrs. Paddy McIrish has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Engagement and Boston - 12-22-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Ruth Lamb View Post
Thank you for the kind words, Mrs. McIrish, but I am not yet married. I pray and fast daily that a man will want to woo and win my heart, but Mother has already begun making plans to hire me as a housekeeper for some Christian family since at my advanced age no real man will ever want me. Perhaps God meant for me to serve up my pie to please someone else's man, while caring for his children so he and his spouse can spread the Precious Word of our Lord. Just as Mary accepted the gift of a virgin birth, I am also willing to accept the fate of an old maid, known to no man but still giving my talents to serve the kingdom of Jesus. Praise His Name.
Miss Lamb - My apologies in mistaking you for a married woman! I admire your grace and humble acceptance of whatever path the LORD has in store for you, even if this path does not include a Godly marriage or the Salvation of your soul (1Timothy 2:15).

I am wondering if perhaps there is something wrong with your pie that is staving off potential suitors, such as ingredients that may have spoiled, or an unsavory odor? Momma always taught me that a woman's pie should be as fresh and sweet as a spring morning's dew. Then again, our sassy old Negra housemaid, Odetta (we called her 'Detta, for short) used to say something like "If it smell like cologne, leave dat pie alone!"

I was never quite sure what 'Detta meant by that, since pies are made from butter and flour and eggs and sometimes fruit. When I asked her if this old Negra adage applied to cream pies, she just laughed and laughed until Daddy whipped her for her impertinence.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything about cologne and pies in the Holy Bible.

1 Corinthians 11:3 | Ephesians 5:22
Now glorifying GOD on the Twitter! Follow me at @MrsPaddyMcIrish!