View Single Post
(#35)
Old
Unsaved trash

Rides the Short Bus

Brian Ashmore is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The True Christian™ Guide to Self-Amputation - 01-30-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-Open View Post
Again, I as a mere mortal have little to "give". The Bible makes it perfectly clear how to be a good person, and how to be unsaved trash.
Mere mortals WROTE the Bible, and mere mortals EDITED and TRANSLATED the Bible. A holy book that supposedly contains the rules to life and only true word of God shouldn't be edited at all. It should be kept as it is, without people writing their own stuff in, and taking stuff they don't like out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-Open View Post
And of course God controlls the masses. How could he be God if He didn't? That would be a joke, right?
God obviously doesn't control the masses, else there would be no ''heathens''. If you stop and take a look around, you would notice that God doesn't control anything really.

Now, I want you to know something. This is sincere. When it comes to believing in God, I tried. I tried to believe that there is a God who created us in his own image, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the
more you look around, the more you realize, something is piffleed up.
Something is wrong here.

War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, etc... Now, I know what you're gonna say, that this is all what we brought upon us ourselves. But just now, you said that God controls the masses, so there. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being.

So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a shit(which would explain a lot of these results, by the way).

I decided to do the reasonable thing and believe in another higher power. It has no name, it doesn't judge cruelly, it doesn't tell me I'm a bad person that needs to be saved, it just is. Just like the universe just is. Just like life just is. There is no explanation, and probably never will be. It's up to you if you will listen, or keep believing in that nonsense.

I rest my case.