View Single Post
(#7)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Olasnah is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Atheists Declared Mentally Insane - 06-27-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Cookie View Post
The Atheisn'ts make me so mad. Anyone with half a brain in their head can see why they're drawn to this "magical thinking".

• They're afraid of death...so they keep imagining their "science" will somehow let them live forever.
    • Um, we're very much afraid of death because we like being alive. We're not a death cult like you guys are. Sure, it'd be great to live 20,000 years, but I don't have any illusions that I'm going to make it past 100. I've been lucky to make it past age 40 so far, as there have been plenty of close calls already. I'd like a few more years, but that's it really. You're dramatizing this a bit much. Only a fool wouldn't want to live as long as they can. I get my shots and I try to eat well and exercise, but I'm all too aware that I don't live in an era where immortality is going to be achievable. Maybe in a few hundred years medicine will advance to the point that life expectancies are greatly extended, and '100' is just middle age. I would hope so, and I have confidence that perhaps we will achieve that, but there also may be limits to what we can do outside of a few more thousand years of scientific knowledge that must be accumulated. Sucks for us, but, what are you gonna do...
  • Since the dawn of time, men have worried about the unexplainable. So these oh so "rational" men just come up with scientific "facts" to explain everything, and put them at ease. How Convenient!
    • What in blazes do you think you're doing with your Bible and the 'facts' in it?
  • Greedy: Won't tithe or give to religious charities!
    • Nonsense. Factually incorrect. Numerous charities exist that have no religious affiliation. I've donated plenty of times in terms of money, food, clothes, etc.
  • Can't think for themselves: Have to wait for new copy of The Lancet or Psychology Today to arrive.
    • How so? We study philosophical concepts about existence and life probably more than you do.
  • Self-Justification: It's science's "plan" that they do this or that. Yeah, right! How can science come up with a "plan" when it can't even read or write?? (Science has no body.)
    • Not sure what you're even saying here.
  • Notice how the Atheist/Science claim is always changing over the centuries. We True Christians™ never change, and that's because the truth never changes! Don't ask God™ to meet you halfway!
    • You'd be burned for a heretic if you were thrown back in time to the 'real' era of Christianity several hundred years ago. Most of you are about as 'christian' as any atheist is.
    • Our acquired knowledge has changed and been built up. For example, most of you are alive today because of what we have learned about germs/viruses. Barely 100 years ago, doctors pretty much could only either amputate for injuries or hope for the best for the sick, and only very basic methods of pain relief, anesthetics and such existed. What has been learned in detail about how these mechanisms work has also shaped our understanding of human evolution (gasp) and other things. But, I'm not sure what you think our 'claim' is.
  • Notice how they stick together; Don't want to be challenged or woken up from their dream by dissenting parties.
    • Pot/Kettle? Never much known an atheist/agnostic who isn't up for an argumentative challenge though.
  • Selfish Encroachers: Violently defend their "knowledge" and singlemindedly force it into LAW!
    • Call me when your religion stops lobbying Congressmen and Senators to enact laws...Most of what a lot of 'us' (and we're not organized in any real way) do is simply to counter all the BS that your religious faiths want to put into law. If I wanted to live like it was 500 years ago, I'd build a time machine and go there.
  • AND Force their sick beliefs on their children: Won't enroll them in churches so the child can decide for Itself.
    • Of course. Indoctrination is the most severe form of brainwashing. Did YOU have anything figured out when you were 10 years old? Of course not. Children are extremely vulnerable to intimidation/authority and the information that comes from those sources. Best to have such people simply provide very basic guidance with education, teach them to think for themselves. If they happen to arrive at the conclusion (as an adult) that Christianity somehow makes sense for them, great. If not, then so what?
So much more to say, but now I'm sick to my stomach.

ATHEIST (on right)