X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: True Christians are Perfect!

Originally posted by seenthelight View Post
    ...Here I am, straight, middle aged male, never knowingly broken any law, don't smoke, don't drink, married for nearly 40 years, never committed adultery and have always, throughout my adult life, devoted a day for others...
    So what? The Bible says none of that matters when it comes to salvation.

Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

In fact, the Bible says Jesus would be even happier if you HAD done all those things, but then stopped.

Luke 15:7 "I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance."

So go smoke 'til you choke, drink 'til you puke, and the neighbour's wife could probably use some sweet, sweet coveting all the night long.

...These are the similar punishments to those that ISIL currently carry out...
    Not quite. Islam requires that you offer the heathen one chance to convert before killing them (because Allah is merciful). God of the Bible, OTOH, not so much. They should have repented and converted before you started killing everything in sight (because God is just).

...If this is true Christianity I have to say, quite forcefully, it is far from perfect
    Maybe you could quote the sections of the Bible where Jesus says all that old Testament stuff was just a joke, don't take it so seriously, times change, etc.? Until then, consider:

Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Have you ever read the Bible? The whole thing?

Comment

Originally posted by seenthelight View Post
      Wow.

Here I am, straight, middle aged male, never knowingly broken any law, don't smoke, don't drink, married for nearly 40 years, never committed adultery and have always, throughout my adult life, devoted a day for others.

As someone who was brought up Roman Catholic, I hope that some of you may understand how disillusioned I became with the faith on hearing of the preiesthood's pedophile rings existence. Let me tell you that nothing prepared me for that revelation. You could say that I lost my way.

So, given the recent atrocities that have been occurring in Syria and Iraq I felt it was time , once again, to re-aqaint myself with Christianity but outside the Catholic Church and I found myself here.

Somehow I found my way to Pastor Rune Enoe guide to the 10 commandments and to say I am horrified by what I read is an understatement. I suggest that we all take some time to read the guidelines very very closely.

If you truly believe in Pastor Rune Enoe's interpretation of the punishments for failing to adhere to the commandments then I have to say you are on a Par with IS and in many ways more barbaric and bloodthirsty that the savages who consider it just to behead 2 of your fellow Americans, 1 of my countrymen and more recently a French national.

Pastor Rune Enoe's states (I quote) The Ten Commandments and their Punishments

Commandment
      Commandment #1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
      Alert Level: Severe
      Punishment:Genocide. Entire cities with men, women, children and animals must be killed. (Deuteronomy 2:33-34, Numbers 21:34-35, 1 Samuel 15:2-3, Joshua 6:21. Joshua 10:40) In some cases you can keep the girls alive for raping. (Numbers 31:15-18)

These are the similar punishments to those that ISIL currently carry out. The one small exception is that animals are spared.

If this is true Christianity I have to say, quite forcefully, it is far from perfect
      Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire.
      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Only Jesus, Mary, and John the Baptist were perfect. You all claiming to be true Christians and perfect, wow, that's just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by you_stupid View Post
          Only Jesus, Mary, and John the Baptist were perfect...
          Ok, Stupid, let's look at some facts here. The ONLY evidence that Jesus, Mary, or John ever existed is the Bible. If you accept the Bible's word for that, how do you then disregard what the Bible says about True Christians(tm) being perfect? You can't hold up one thing it says while denying everything else.

...You all claiming to be true Christians and perfect, wow, that's just wrong.
          Any assertion made with no evidence is merely opinion, and easily dismissed.

Comment

Only Jesus, Mary, and John the Baptist were perfect. You all claiming to be true Christians and perfect, wow, that's just wrong.
            Mary was perfect? She got pregnant out of wedlock!

It was only by the grace of God she wasn't stoned for it!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Christ was perfect, and He commands his followers to be perfect in Matthew 5:48. Why would a perfect being command us to be perfect if it's not possible?

I promise you, friend, I am perfect, like Jesus said to be.

Matthew 5:48

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
              If you are not as perfect as God the Father, then you are in open defiance of Christ's teaching and are not a Christian.
              The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

Comment

Reads like catholicism, probably is catholicism.
                In which case why does Mary need to be perfect?
                The means of sin, originally introduced by Eve but transmitted to everyone else via Adam, was absent from Jesus NOT because His mother was sinless but because HIS FATHER was sinless. Check out your own dogma here:

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/2081.htm
                Although the soul is not transmitted, because the power in the semen is not able to cause the rational soul, nevertheless the motion of the semen is a disposition to the transmission of the rational soul: so that the semen by its own power transmits the human nature from parent to child, and with that nature, the stain which infects it: for he that is born is associated with his first parent in his guilt, through the fact that he inherits his nature from him by a kind of movement which is that of generation.

Comment

Hey, Empty Head.,

Mary was a whore and John is a figment of Catholic Dogma. Go and find yourself before you try to tell us what is what
                  Isaiah 66:15

For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post

I don't think God gets women stoned before He impregnates them. That would be wrong. He just sends an angel to get them ready, first.
                    The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
                      I don't think God gets women stoned before He impregnates them. That would be wrong. He just sends an angel to get them ready, first.
                      My apologies to Sister Mary Etheldreda for my recent post. I misunderstood what she meant in her comment. Yes, without God's grace, women who commit adultery the way Mary did should be stoned. That goes without saying, because the Bible says it.
                      The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Can you learn to be a perfect True Christian, because I'm trying to convert, but i don't know how to stop sinning.

Comment

Originally posted by Germany View Post
                          Can you learn to be a perfect True Christian, because I'm trying to convert, but i don't know how to stop sinning.

Jesus is not some kind of intellectual construct. Jesus is real and in your heart and you know it and that is that. If you have not accepted Jesus as your personal savior, you will perish and then burn in Hell in an eternity of agony. My advice is to read the Word of God, as presented in His Book, the Holy Bible. Take care to read only the King James Version, that you may not be led astray by false doctrine. If God finds you worthy of His love, you will be filled with His presence and allowed to ascend to Heaven upon your passing. There, you will pass eternity having picnics and enjoying the fellowship of the saved, all the while in His light.
                          God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

If any of you have ever made a mistake then your not perfect and I know everyone of you have so cut your bullshit and admit the truth that your imperfect like the rest of us and that's ok. We're all imperfect its how the Lord made us. To say your perfect just shows how ignorant and stupid you all are. The only beings who are perfect are the Lord, the Savior, and the Holy Spirit.If any of you think your perfect then you need to go ahead and label yourself as unsaved trash because you are trying to compare yourselves to the Lord, the Savior and the Holy Spirit which is very unchristian like.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris-the-Knuckle-Head View Post
                              If any of you have ever made a mistake then your not perfect and I know everyone of you have so cut your bullshit and admit the truth that your imperfect like the rest of us and that's ok. We're all imperfect its how the Lord made us. To say your perfect just shows how ignorant and stupid you all are. The only beings who are perfect are the Lord, the Savior, and the Holy Spirit.If any of you think your perfect then you need to go ahead and label yourself as unsaved trash because you are trying to compare yourselves to the Lord, the Savior and the Holy Spirit which is very unchristian like.
                              Yes, Mr. Chris, ut us Harsha Shah here.

I am thinking that your post is very sad and beautiful. I am thinking that your world view is very humble but that it might be keeping people oppressed. Yes. I am hoping that I am not offending you. I have been thinking that the christians are correct here but they are excluding too many people. I am thinking that we can all be perfect and that we are perfect regardless of our religion. Yes we are.

Yes. I am afraind that the next issue might be offending you but I am finding the christian views on guilt very sad and not beautiful. You are saying that everyone is guilty all the time but the modern society has learned that we are innocent unless we are being treated in a way that makes us choose violence. Yes. I am trying to be a modern, strong and independent woman. Yes. I have been learning this when I have been teaching RME that is religious and moreal education for schoolchildren. Yes.

I am saying that we are perfect unless we're being twisted into guilt. Yes, I am not saying that children should be allowed to do anything but that they should not be thinking that they are rotten to begin with. Yes.
                              "Ecclesiastes 3:7
                              A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak."
                              Yes. Women are saving lives. It is time we are speaking! Yes!

Comment

It is impossible for True Christians to make mistakes. We trust in God completely, and we are guided in our actions and decisions by faith. And since God is perfect, then True Christians are perfect.

QED

Comment

Working...
                                X