X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: God HATES Rational Thinking!

Originally posted by Classically Trained View Post
    After all, if I may quote the great 4th century neo-Pythagorean Iamblichus, who was himself quoting Aristotle's Protrepticus: "When you are debating whether you should use philosophy or not use philosophy, you are using philosophy." The same, of course, applies to logic and reason.
    You seem to be misunderstanding us. We use neither philosophy nor logic nor reason. We only use the Holy Bible. Rational thinking is downright demonic.
    Sweet Lord Jesus,
    I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
    Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
    Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
    Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
    Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
    Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
    Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by True Disciple View Post
      You seem to be misunderstanding us. We use neither philosophy nor logic nor reason. We only use the Holy Bible. Rational thinking is downright demonic.
      "Blind faith is an ironic gift for the creator of HUMAN INTELLIGANCE"

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge."- Daniel Boorstin

Comment

Originally posted by Classically Trained View Post
        I hate to jump into the middle of a perfectly good debate, and I'm afraid I'm not terribly well versed in religious arguments in general, but the first post looks like an awfully rational, thoroughly thought out argument to me.

After all, if I may quote the great 4th century neo-Pythagorean Iamblichus, who was himself quoting Aristotle's Protrepticus: "When you are debating whether you should use philosophy or not use philosophy, you are using philosophy." The same, of course, applies to logic and reason.
        Shows how much schooling has does for ya ; )
        Jeremiah 8:8
        Rev 7:3

Comment

Originally posted by Steven E View Post
          "Blind faith is an ironic gift for the creator of HUMAN INTELLIGANCE"

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge."- Daniel Boorstin
          All your "discovery" won't be worth a toot once you're frying in the bowels of Hell, with your flesh perpetually dripping off your bones.
          The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

Comment

With rational thinking computers were made, the internet was made, BBS format was made, which made your crappy forum to serve your crappy purpose of exiestence.

Also, if this forum isn't for rational thinkers...that would explain all the idiots running around posting nonsense about jesus christ.

Comment

If the Bible proves that just because it says it, Narnia really does exist doesn't it? Can I go to Hogwarts... please?

Comment

Originally posted by hayJaysus View Post
                If the Bible proves that just because it says it, Narnia really does exist doesn't it? Can I go to Hogwarts... please?
                Where does the Bible say that Narnia exists?
                The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bob Jenkins View Post
                  All your "discovery" won't be worth a toot once you're frying in the bowels of Hell, with your flesh perpetually dripping off your bones.
                  "He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave"-William Drummond

"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions."-Frater Ravus

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."-Thomas Jefferson

"If God gave us the ability to reason, why would he punish us for it?"

Comment

God created Internet you liar!

Comment

this is a simply ridiculous acusation. without rational scientific thinking where would we be today? forone thing you would not be on the internet because a man used his genius and science to create it. you are fooling yourself if you pretend otherwise. god is great but he cannot be all we rely upon lest we be stuck in the past with no new technology or even old. to rely soley upon god would mean people would have to wait for the world to somehow magically create all that we have today.

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Steven E View Post
                        "If God gave us the ability to reason, why would he punish us for it?"
                        "If God gave us the ability to rape, steal and kill everyone, why would he punish us for it?"

Typical evil atheist!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
                          God created Internet you liar!

YOU SERIOUS DIRK???? that is simply stupid. he obviously did not. even worse for you the internet was created by a LIBERAL and a genius. god took no part

Comment

Originally posted by the true View Post
                            YOU SERIOUS DIRK???? that is simply stupid. he obviously did not. even worse for you the internet was created by a LIBERAL and a genius. god took no part
                            So you deny that God is the source of all things?

Comment

yes. yes sir i do. not because i am hateful. but because i am rational. and smart. and have the ability to look past the garbage that people like you throw at me EVERY DAY OF MY DAMN LIFE. there is simply no way for one man to make all things. it is stupid to believe so.

Comment

Originally posted by the true View Post
                                yes. yes sir i do. not because i am hateful. but because i am rational. and smart. and have the ability to look past the garbage that people like you throw at me EVERY DAY OF MY DAMN LIFE. there is simply no way for one man to make all things. it is stupid to believe so.
                                Yes, it is impossible for a man to do that.

God did it.

I'm glad we agree!

Comment

Working...
                                X