View Single Post
(#21)
Old
Unsaved trash

Cherry-picker Fluffy bunny

epignosis is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1- - 04-12-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
Matthew 7:1-5 Explained
The so-called "prohibition against judging"

Again, I must point reiterate, nowhere in the Bible does it tell us not to judge. Period. I hope this exegesis of Matthew 7:1-5 has been enlightening for you and and you will refrain from looking like an idiot in the future by claiming that "Jesus said we can't judge others".

Yours in Christ,

Rev. Jim Osborne
James 4:12 (King James Version)

12There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Romans 14:4 (King James Version)

4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Matthew 7:1-5 (King James Version)

Matthew 7

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

We have to be very careful , when it comes to judging others. Because in the end it comes to God doing the judging, and it may be found that our judging maybe actually against God.