View Single Post
(#11)
Old
Unsaved Trash, degenerate godmocker

winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Please Pray For Christian Bus Drivers - 11-09-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Creeser View Post
And while we're at it, let's just look at "the law"....as outlined in the King James version of the Bible;
You don't get it. The law of the USA is a secular law. You may like it or not, that is the way it is. Whatever you regard as divine law may govern your daily life, but if it conflicts with secular law, the latter one will be uphold by governmental institutions. The first amendment guarantees freefom of believe. Yet if you look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom..._United_States

Quote:
For example, in the 19th century, some of the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints traditionally practiced polygamy, yet in Reynolds v. United States (1879), the Supreme Court upheld the criminal conviction of one of these members under a federal law banning polygamy. The Court reasoned that to do otherwise would set precedent for a full range of religious beliefs including those as extreme as human sacrifice. The Court stated that "Laws are made for the government of actions, and while they cannot interfere with mere religious belief and opinions, they may with practices."
I am given to understand that in the bible Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son (even though he was stopped by god, according to the bible). There is a reason why some religious practices are forbidden. Like converting school children.

It is up to the parents (not busdrivers) to raise their offspring, and since freedom of belief is guaranteed in your constitution, like it or not, that does not mean they have to be brought up in a christian way. They may bring them up however they see fit. In my opinion, children shoudln't even be raised religiously, but rather choose one of their own (or not) when they are old and mature enough to make their own decisions.

Anyway, I brought up that you the government made some restrictions. Now you may ask: Why should I follow secular law? There are two arguments for that.
1) You think it is the right thing to do. There might be a passage in the holy bible telling you to oblige the ruler, I don't know.
2) They've got bigger guns. It's the same with christians and hell. If you think somebody is not doing what you want, you threaten them with eternal torment. Government institutions will threaten you will financial penalties or losing your freedom if you don't abide. If you resist it's enforcers, the police, the army, whoever, you will be shot. It's basically the same thing.

Luckily, you people live in a democracy where the law rules. If the pastor thinks his right to freedom of speech was violated, he may well sue his employer. He may present his case in court and a jury of everyday people will decide upon it.