View Single Post
(#1)
Old
True Christian™ Minister to the Godless Savages in Hawaii
It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Friend of Jesus The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tell her once 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Bronze Tither

barton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Spartacus, Easter & the wrath of God - 03-21-2011, 02:36 AM

Greetings Brethren!

Spartacus was a recent TV series carried on Starz, a premium cable channel in the US. I really hope very, very few of you are familiar with it. It was nothing more than a shallow excuse to portray graphic gay sex, male nudity and horrible acting. Last year, I had the misfortune to see a few minutes of this program. I was researching Roman History at the time and was lured in by the name "Spartacus".

The Starz series has already been smote once by God. PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME! God gave the main actor, Andy Whitfield, a well-deserved case of lymphoma forcing him to leave the show. I'd have thought this would be pretty clear signal to the producers that their show crossed the line. However, instead of just wrapping it all up, they forged ahead with a six episode prequel, to keep the filthy lucre flowing in and give them breathing room to find another degenerate slime ball to take up portraying Spartacus for season two. Seems like they have found such a person in Liam McIntyre, an unknown bottom-feeding Aussie poofter. I am praying that God steps in quickly again.

Anyway, my original research was on the topic of crucifixion in ancient Rome and the real story of Spartacus is very relevant. As with many other civil wars and rebellions, the spectacle of crucifixion was quite common. For example, following the defeat of Spartacus in 71AD, General Crassus had 6,000 of the recaptured slaves crucified, all in a line from Capua to Rome. There are many stories of Roman soldiers crucifying animals for sport, even.

So... if crucifixion was not uncommon, why do we Christians fixate on it so much? If so many thousands of other people died on their own crosses, what is so special about our Savior's death on His Holy Cross? Doesn't his torture and death almost seem ho-hum? Moreover, up to that point in time, many millions of other people had also died gruesome deaths, far worse than anything our Savior experienced physically. For example, the brazen bull was quite popular in Greece.

So what's the big deal with one particular guy on a cross?

The big deal, the heart of the Easter message, is that everyone else deserved what they got. As it is written in Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin [is] death". However, Jesus was sinless, the perfect sacrifice.
Hebrews 4:14-15 "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast [our] profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin."
I don't care what happened to anyone else! It doesn't matter! We could round up everyone in the world and crucify them all at once and it would still pale in comparison to what happened to our Lord Jesus.

Happy Easter everyone!

Revelations 6:16
"And said to the mountains and rocks,
Fall on us, and hide us from the face
of him that sitteth on the throne,
and from the wrath of the Lamb"