X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi All

Originally posted by LocusSolace View Post
    They are his. Or are you calling me a liar?
    He doesn't have to. God's already told him you're a liar, always have been, and always will be.

Psalm 58:3 "The wicked are estranged from the womb: They go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies."

Oh, and as for the Bible reading? You really should read it (the whole thing), so that you know what a Christian is supposed to think and believe, in case you run across any who don't. You can then helpfully point out the errors of their ways.

For example, you don't know how many so-called "Christians" I've kindly informed as to the True™ nature of the god they supposedly worship:

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

I am such a nice guy to do so, I think. Why let them wallow in their ignorance?

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
      He doesn't have to. God's already told him you're a liar, always have been, and always will be.

Psalm 58:3 "The wicked are estranged from the womb: They go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies."
      You might want to get to know me, before you start making assumptions about me. Don't want you to end up speaking falsehoods now do we?
      1 Corinthians 11:3
      But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Comment

Oh, and as for the Bible reading? You really should read it (the whole thing), so that you know what a Christian is supposed to think and believe, in case you run across any who don't. You can then helpfully point out the errors of their ways.

For example, you don't know how many so-called "Christians" I've kindly informed as to the True™ nature of the god they supposedly worship:

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

I haven't lied to you all. If you can't accept that, then it's your problem and not mine. I would suggest that you deal with it
        But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Comment

You might want to get to know me, before you start making assumptions about me. Don't want you to end up speaking falsehoods now do we?
          I haven't lied to you all. If you can't accept that, then it's your problem and not mine. I would suggest that you deal with it

Brethren,

Once again the Bible authored by Jesus has been proven correct in its tiniest detail. Here we have two unbelievers discussing Jesus and God and they cannot agree on anything! They are just fighting one another.

Psalms 53:1-3
          (To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David.) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

What does this mean? It shows that atheist foolishness explains all the travesties we see in the secular world. The atheists cannot agree on anything! They have lots of theories that oppose each other in science. They have nothing to unite them except their dismissal of everything that is pure and clean, everything that is related to Jesus. Of course, this is sad. It is sad to see the sinners end up in Hell but at the same time it is most entertaining as it emphasizes the Perfect Nature of the True™ Followers of Jesus!

Colossians 1:28
          Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
          2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
          Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post
            Brethren,

Once again the Bible authored by Jesus has been proven correct in its tiniest detail. Here we have two unbelievers discussing Jesus and God and they cannot agree on anything! They are just fighting one another.

Psalms 53:1-3
            (To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David.) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

What does this mean? It shows that atheist foolishness explains all the travesties we see in the secular world. The atheists cannot agree on anything! They have lots of theories that oppose each other in science. They have nothing to unite them except their dismissal of everything that is pure and clean, everything that is related to Jesus. Of course, this is sad. It is sad to see the sinners end up in Hell but at the same time it is most entertaining as it emphasizes the Perfect Nature of the True™ Followers of Jesus!

Colossians 1:28
            Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
            I never said that I'm an atheist

Comment

HELLO?? I've made NO assumptions about you. I HAVE NOT SAID that you're lying about anything. GOD DID (according to the Bible, and around here, the Bible is accepted as Truth). All I've done is inform of that FACT.

If you have a problem with what the Bible says, TAKE IT UP WITH GOD. I didn't do it, K?

Now if you'd care to put your defensiveness away, maybe we could have a civil conversation? I think I'd like that.

Let's start with: if you're not atheist, what are you? And why haven't you read the Bible yet?

Comment

if you're not atheist, what are you?
                I'm going to guess Pagan/Wiccan/Witch. I sat down to read the website and when I got to this thread, I noticed flies begin to swarm in my house. It's painfully obvious God is upset by what I'm reading here. If that's not proof enough, a few days ago a rat mysteriously died in my wall. Checkmate, witch! God's messages are all around us. All we have to do is listen!
                Your Faithful Usher in Christ Jesus,
                Herman T. Periwinkle

Mark 16:18 - They shall take vp serpents, and if they drinke any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sicke, and they shall recouer.

Comment

HELLO?? I've made NO assumptions about you. I HAVE NOT SAID that you're lying about anything. GOD DID (according to the Bible, and around here, the Bible is accepted as Truth). All I've done is inform of that FACT.

If you have a problem with what the Bible says, TAKE IT UP WITH GOD. I didn't do it, K?

Now if you'd care to put your defensiveness away, maybe we could have a civil conversation? I think I'd like that.

Let's start with: if you're not atheist, what are you? And why haven't you read the Bible yet?
                  I've read through different parts. It's always mystified me why people look towards a book, or a building, to find God, when they should be looking outwards to the world. Closer to what you would find in the Gospel of Thomas or Epiphanius. And you're right I got your argument (statement of what the Bible says) mixed up with actual belief. Generally speaking I'm a seeker of wisdom. When and where I find it, I add it to what I believe.

Comment

I've read through different parts. It's always mystified me why people look towards a book, or a building, to find God, when they should be looking outwards to the world. Closer to what you would find in the Gospel of Thomas or Epiphanius. And you're right I got your argument (statement of what the Bible says) mixed up with actual belief. Generally speaking I'm a seeker of wisdom. When and where I find it, I add it to what I believe.
                    Without the trustworthy reference of the Holy Bible, you have only your own perceptions upon which to draw conclusions about what is wise. Then you go and get offended and argue with the one poster who agrees with you. Your "wisdom" certainly is entertaining to the rest of us.

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Hello, Karen! I find your decision-making process, what to believe in and what to discard, particularly fascinating. Basically, you start with some preconceived notions and then you accept bits and pieces of sacred texts that agree with your position, and disregard the rest.

The problem I see with this position, is its extreme subjectivity. Your preconceived notions are by definition different from the preconceived notions of the next person. Sure, there will be some overlap with people of the same culture, gender, age group, education, and socioeconomic status, but ultimately, your point of view was forged by your individual life experiences.

However, if everybody has different ideas about God, doesn't that cancel them all as false? What makes you think that your particular view is correct and everybody else is wrong?

This is what I really appreciate about Landover Baptists. You might find some of their views to be somewhat harsh, but at least they are honest: they accept the Holy Bible as the only source of knowledge about God, and they stick to it, without disregarding parts that seem cruel or even immoral.
                      John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
                        Without the trustworthy reference of the Holy Bible, you have only your own perceptions upon which to draw conclusions about what is wise. Then you go and get offended and argue with the one poster who agrees with you. Your "wisdom" certainly is entertaining to the rest of us.

I've already given an apology there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
                          Hello, Karen! I find your decision-making process, what to believe in and what to discard, particularly fascinating. Basically, you start with some preconceived notions and then you accept bits and pieces of sacred texts that agree with your position, and disregard the rest.

The problem I see with this position, is its extreme subjectivity. Your preconceived notions are by definition different from the preconceived notions of the next person. Sure, there will be some overlap with people of the same culture, gender, age group, education, and socioeconomic status, but ultimately, your point of view was forged by your individual life experiences.

However, if everybody has different ideas about God, doesn't that cancel them all as false? What makes you think that your particular view is correct and everybody else is wrong?

This is what I really appreciate about Landover Baptists. You might find some of their views to be somewhat harsh, but at least they are honest: they accept the Holy Bible as the only source of knowledge about God, and they stick to it, without disregarding parts that seem cruel or even immoral.

Hi, I don't believe that everybody else is wrong. Of God is all, then everyone's views are included into that. Have you ever heard the stained glass window description of God? Basically God is the white light behind a stained glass window. Different people see God through whatever color belongs to their beliefs, but they are all seeing the same God.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
                            Well, the LORD does call us to Righteousness (Romans 10:4), not morality.

Check your Bible. The word "moral" isn't anywhere in its pages.

That means that even when heathens think we are being harsh or immoral, their opinions are irrelevant. It is all foolishness to them anyway, so who cares what they think (1 Corinthians 1:18)?
                            Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

I've already given an apology there.
                              Good for you. I'm sure Didymus couldn't sleep until the two of you made up.

But really, this just shows the foolishness of your argument. Your "Stained Glass Jesus" is impossible to reconcile with reality, and that makes it absurd. Look, either Jesus is who He says He is, or He is who people like you say He is. As He doesn't agree with you, and you can't both be right, who do you think is more likely to be mistaken? God, who is Perfect and never makes a mistake, or you, the person who changes her mind whenever new information is presented?

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
                                Good for you. I'm sure Didymus couldn't sleep until the two of you made up.

But really, this just shows the foolishness of your argument. Your "Stained Glass Jesus" is impossible to reconcile with reality, and that makes it absurd. Look, either Jesus is who He says He is, or He is who people like you say He is. As He doesn't agree with you, and you can't both be right, who do you think is more likely to be mistaken? God, who is Perfect and never makes a mistake, or you, the person who changes her mind whenever new information is presented?
                                God either is or isn't all. If he is all, then that theory is correct. If he isn't all, then maybe you have been mistaken. And I add things to my beliefs, I don't change things every time I find something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X