X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Should You Wait Until You're Married to Kiss???

Helping kids /teens learn to think through world view issues is important especially when they are out of your house.
    Whoa there, young lady> The last thing a True Christian(tm) is going to do is to teach their kids to think for themselves

Matthew 6:25 "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?"

The Bible(KJV1611) tells us everything we need to know.

Are you even a Christian?

God bless.
    1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

My apologies I now see the error of my ways. Both by way of thought and not realizing the post went through the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by dknyrepublic View Post
        Hopefully those parents are explaining why and not saying "because I say so." Helping kids /teens learn to think through world view issues is important especially when they are out of your house.
        Now that's just silly! Parents who have to convince their children by presenting an appealing argument are setting themselves up for failure and setting up their children for damnation. A child need not learn to navigate social expectations, a child needs to learn obedience. An obedient child will stay out of trouble because he will naturally obey Christ as His Will is written throughout the Holy Bible. Can you really imaging trying to argue with God Almighty?

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Since when is being able to articulate why you believe something or why you have a conviction a bad thing? 1 peter says be ready to give an answer to the hope you believe in. So knowing how to communicate why do I /don't kiss brfore marriage is being obedient. Also name calling like "unsaved scum" isn't exactly love thy neighbor as thy self is it?

Comment

Since when is being able to articulate why you believe something or why you have a conviction a bad thing? 1 peter says be ready to give an answer to the hope you believe in. So knowing how to communicate why do I /don't kiss brfore marriage is being obedient. Also name calling like "unsaved scum" isn't exactly love thy neighbor as thy self is it?
            Being able to articulate is a great thing. Little more proves the accomplishments of God than man's ability to clearly and with little doubt, convey deep and meaningful concepts. You should try it.

Who called who 'unsaved scum' and was it justified in the eyes of Our Lord?
            Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
            Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
            Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
            Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
            Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
            Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Since when is being able to articulate why you believe something or why you have a conviction a bad thing?
              I just told you. It sets parents up for failure and sets children up for damnation.

1 peter says be ready to give an answer to the hope you believe in.
              That's an answer to the hope you believe in with regards to Salvation! Not persuading your children to be obedient! Goodness!

So knowing how to communicate why do I /don't kiss brfore marriage is being obedient.
              Kissing leads to lust. Lust really angers the LORD. I mean, really angers the LORD (Matthew 5:28 ; Colossians 3:5; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; etc). Maybe not as bad as kissing another person with the same plumbing (Leviticus 18:22 ), but it's up there, and why play with fire, know what I mean? Why taunt the LORD with something you know He just absolutely hates so much (Revelation 21:8)? Besides, it's not like you can hide it from Him. He knows when you're feeling randy even if you're not consciously aware of it at the time (Psalm 139:2). You can't fool God. No one has hidden anything from Him since Adam and Eve played Hide The Pickle In The Garden and look how He responded (Genesis 3:23-4)!

Also name calling like "unsaved scum" isn't exactly love thy neighbor as thy self is it?
              My neighbor isn't unsaved scum. Why would I call her that?
              Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Mary- You are right about how God detest lust. Lust starts in the heart. If you're walking with the Lord your heart will be sensitive to the spirit. Kissing can be a slippery slope. We shouldn't put ourselves in situations that tempt us. But the question was "Should you wait until your married?". While the Bible doesn't say thou shalt/ shall not , you did bring up scripture that references how God views lust. Lust starts on the inside ( heart and mind)and comes to the surface by actions. Romans 1 talks about fornication which stems from lust. Instead of asking if kissing is wrong or right maybe we should ask if and how it will glorify God.

Again this is thinking out an issue and being able to back up our convictions. I should have been more specific about the part in a previous post about saying parents should do more then just say "because I said so." While living under your parents roof obey their rules. Why? Because God said to honor them. But parents should be teaching their kids( teens) to think things through -Like the possible consequences of kissing. If they can't through why they have hope when asked, how can we expect them to answer a not so theological question as "why haven't you kissed yet and your 30."

Even though Dr. L. Niles mentioned Matthew 6:25 in regards to thinking, isn't that passage talking about God providing and not worrying about our needs?

And yes I am a Christian. I have a trust relationship with Christ.

Comment

Instead of asking if kissing is wrong or right maybe we should ask if and how it will glorify God.
                  Good point. I don't see how kissing within the context of marriage glorifies God, so I don't kiss my wife, not even during sex. You don't need to kiss to get the job done. No one else sees me having sex, so kissing can't bring glory to God. Seeding my wife with sons, however, does glorify Him.
                  sigpicMt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, shaving, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies

Comment

Also name calling like "unsaved scum" isn't exactly love thy neighbor as thy self is it?
                    If I behaved like unscaved scum, a loving neighbor would point that out to me. You seem to think letting people make mistakes that will end in their eternal damnation is the right thing to do. It's not.
                    5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                    To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                    James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Thank you for that wise advice, Reverend. I would hate to do anything sexually immoral that would cause God to judge me, as Hebrews 13:4 says He will do, and now I know that when I meet a nice baptist True Christian and he wants to kiss me he had better put a ring on me first!
                      1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
                      23:Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Comment

Very interesting! I did not consider the logic that you displayed in your opening post, and I praise Jesus that he has somehow kept me safe from kissing before marriage despite my ignorance in the fact that is a sin!

It makes me rather depressed though to think about all of the unmarried people I see on a daily basis doing what appears to be attempting to suck each others faces so hard that they combine into a single head in every conceivable place in this modern-day Babylon that is known as Prague ;-;

Well, at least I suppose I won't have to see any of them in heaven

Comment

KISSING CAUSES EBOLA

When God created ebola He knew that wanton libertines would be prancing around like maniacs on a cakewalk, that they would call this "dancing" and that they would be obsessed with kissing.
                          "Good morning, Evadne, your hair is so shiny this morning."
                          "Oh, Oh, did I just bump into you whilst flailing beneath this laser display?"
                          "Yes, but I liked it."
                          "Aha, Sir Gisbert, I see you have arrived at last.."

Just about any excuse will do. Kiss, kiss, kiss, can't they think about anything else.

Which is why God gave us His standard for marriage. It is not the same as the libertarian standard (if they even have one, which I doubt). It is not the same as the standard for chimpanzees. And God underscores His guide for life with consequences. Real consequences.

THIS WEEK: Liberia
                          http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26825869
                          Liberia's Health Minister Walter Gwenigale on Monday warned people to stop . . . shaking hands and kissing.
                          2012: Uganda
                          http://abcnews.go.com
                          The president of Uganda is calling on people in the East African country to avoid physical contact, including handshaking and kissing, to prevent the spread of the deadly and highly contagious Ebola virus

So when out shopping the Christian, unlike the heathen wretch, knows not to do kissing in the park or outside the milliner's. Or at all, except as sanctioned by God in The Bible. That means kissing one's husband upon request. Otherwise, expect ebola.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
                              Yes. Yes, you should.

Even if most of our heathen, libertine society thinks otherwise, kissing is a form of sex. And sex before marriage (fornication) is a terrible sin. Fornicators are right up there with murderers and thieves.

Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Cor. 6:18
                              Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

So, if kissing is sex, and you kiss before marriage, you are damning yourself to Hell.

But, you may be wondering, how is kissing sex? Well, if you are a woman or under 18 years of age, you may want to skip the following section because I will be using graphic, explicit language for the sake of justifying why kissing is sex. Just take me on my word that it is sex. Otherwise, there's a scientific explanation if you're interested..

See, there are three components of sex: Oral, Genital, and Anal. You can take these three components and get a variety of permutations. The most well-known version is Genital-Genital, also known as coitus, and what most people think of when you use the word "sex". There is then Genital-Oral, which is known as "fellatio" and "cunnilingus". Then there is Genital-Anal, which is known as "sodomy" or "anal sex".

Now we start getting into real depraved actions. There is Anal-Oral, known as "analingus" where one person, well you can figure it out. Then there is the mysterious and rarely practiced Anal-Anal, which as far as I know doesn't have a common name, but undoubtedly morally bankrupt homosexuals indulge themselves in this strange fetish in bathroom stalls all across America.

Finally, we get to the last permutation: Oral-Oral, also known as "kissing". Suddenly, kissing doesn't look so innocent when it's in the same category as a man putting his tallywhacker in a woman's cooter, or a homosexual licking the anus of another man. Kissing is no different than these activities! Which makes people that kiss in public on the same level as those baboons which mate in front of tourists at the zoo.

Now, despite the fact that I believe strongly that an unmarried couple should wait until they are married to kiss, I am by no means a prude. It might surprise you but I can be quite liberal and permissive when it comes to sexuality. For example, I think, in certain circumstances, it's okay if an unmarried couple holds hands. I can just hear everyone calling me some "free love hippie" for saying that, but hear me out. As long as a couple is engaged to be married, and they're in the privacy of their own home, and they don't hold hands for more than a couple minutes, then I think it's okay.

Still, let's remember what is important: Kissing is sex. Kissing before marriage is fornication. Fornicators burn in Hell. That is all you need to know.
                              If they love each other why does it matter and really kissing is a form of sex i burst out laughing so i guess you had sex with your mother a bunch because everyone kisses their mother so kissing bofore and after marrige is a-okay
                              Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
                              abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScienceWins View Post
                                If they love each other why does it matter..
                                Because tomorrow they might love someone else. God gave us instructions for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X