View Single Post
(#29)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Cherry-picker

TruDisciple is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.TruDisciple is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Exclamation Re: Do You Love Your Wife Enough To Beat Her? This Pastor Does! - 02-03-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
Hi, and welcome to our friendly forums! I see you've made the mistake of reading the Holy Bible with your 21st Century Jesus Loves Everybody Kumbaya glasses. That's a shame because you are worshiping a false lord, dear, and are in dire need of the Good News yourself. You see, Jesus wasn't the 1970's throwback hippy people like to portray Him as. Oh no. He was confident, strong, divisive, and yes, even quite rude to people. Jesus called people "dogs" (Matthew 7:6; 2 Peter 2:20-22, Revelation 22:15); "swine" (Matthew 7:6); "vipers" (Matthew 3:7; Matthew 12:34, 23:33; Luke 3:7); hypocrites" (Matthew 6:2; Matthew 6:5, 16, 15:7, 16:3, 22:18, 23:13-15, 29, 24:51, Mark 7:6, Luke 11:44, 12:56); "children of the devil" (John 8:44; Acts 13:10); and much more (found in the link I provided, thanks to our own dearest Spirit-Led apologist, Mr. Thurmond). Now imagine if the LORD spoke in today's vernacular. "Dogs" and "vipers" might be replaced with "retards" and "unsaved trash." Why does this surprise you so much to see the LORD is a God of Action? Do you forget He is the One who ordered the massacres of entire cities to wipe out the stain of blasphemy ( (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)? Do you forget He is the One who ordered the whole scale murder, pillage, and gang rape of entire cultures for the sake of His Glory (Numbers 31:7-18)? Do you forget He turned a woman into a pillar of salt simply for being curious and not controlling her impulse to see what happened to her city and all her friends and neighbors (Genesis 19:26)? Why do you wish to envision Our Great and Mighty Lord as a pansy, skipping along and singing folk songs with an acoustic guitar, water with lemon wedges and mint leaves, and eating vegetarian? That's not a nice image to promote of the Redeemer of the World, dear, and I think you owe Him an apology.
How dare you from reading my posts misrepresent what I was saying. Jesus Christ is a fair and just God who hates sin and will pour His wrath out on this world when He returns. All of these verses about hypocrites, He was talking TO THE PHARISEES!!! THE ULTRA RELIGIOUS!!! THE TYPES OF PEOPLE YOU ARE!!! You are misrepresenting Christ and His true followers, and thus His Church and His Word!!! No, Dogs in today's vernacular would NOT be 'retards'. Dogs was a term used by Hebrews for the Gentile. Perhaps today the word would be "goyum" which is a word used today already. Or perhaps from the perspective of our saved Christian perspective, 'dogs' would translate to 'unsaved' or 'wicked'.

Grow up, you're dodging the point!

Lot's wife was turned to salt because her heart was with that wicked city of Sodom. That whole family had been corrupted! Look what the daughters thought was acceptable - getting their own father drunk and getting pregnant! And look at their offspring... Enemies of Israel! Lot himself was found at the city gates WHERE ELDERS OF THE CITY WOULD GATHER. He was one of them! His righteousness was in repenting and believing Christ when He came to rescue him.

Israel was not told to rape Canaan! Women could be taken as wives if I remember correctly. Canaan was wicked and after 400 years the inhabitants were still following Satan (just like the founders and major participants of this forum) in their wicked lives, so it was time to wipe them out and give the promised land to Israel. God never changes, He's going to wipe out the world again in judgement. Christ is returning with the the Sword of the Spirit - the Word of God - pouring out of His mouth! But John 3:17 says that He has come not to condemn but to save through Himself! That means we are in a time of mercy before His 2nd coming! Your forum is FILLED with condemnation and does not win souls!

Jesus was NOT a pansy and I never implied Him to be. I said He was COMPASSIONATE AND TENDER!!! YOU CAN BE STRONG AND STILL MAINTAIN COMPASSION AND TENDERNESS!!! HE'S BOTH THE LION OF JUDAH AND THE LAMB OF GOD!!! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS PICTURE?!?!

Take this site down, post a public apology and explanation, and repent!!!