View Single Post
(#119)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

just_a_human_being is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: SHOULD 'MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE' STAND TRIAL FOR MURDER ?!! - 10-03-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter View Post
But these virtues ARE clearly visible with Jesus. It's why we True Christians™ focus our attention on Him and Him alone. The songs we sing are essentially praises of Him and acknowledgement of what He told us. Nothing is hidden. What you see is what you get.

Non-Christians that try to ascertain the meaning of secular music are almost always lead astray and into sin. As a young atheist, I was quite fond of Judas Priest and especially the album "British Steel". It was, at first appearance harmless, as I wore headphones and played air guitar. But the Satanic message of "Living After Midnight" and the razor blade on the cover had it's intended influence.

If I had known that Rob Halford was a filthy homersexual, I might have understood the real intention of his music. But I was young and impressionable. Within a few short years, I was addicted to cocaine and passing my body around the Castro District in San Francisco as if there was no tomorrow. Praise Jesus that I was Saved a few years later and spared the AIDS that I rightfully deserved!

I'm trying to demonstrate the dangers of trusting anyone but Jesus Christ. Does this make sense?

Read my signature friend. It's Jesus or eternal death and damnation. It could not be more simple.

You are in my prayers.

In Christ!
I think I understand, you are trying to exclude all outside influences, that do not clearly praise God, because they might be evil. Is that the way you think? Is it just to be on the safe side, because you don't want anyone to be potentially hurt?

And I am sorry to hear your story, I see that you went through a lot and had a rough life. I hope you don't mind me asking, you really don't need to answer all this, because I don't want to hurt you in any way.

From what I read, you think there is a direct link between the music you listened too and the path you chose at that time. But do you think that this music has the same effect on everyone? I have been studying the effects of music on myself and a lot of teenagers and I see that in most cases it has a very positive effect. What seem to be negative songs actually help a lot of people deal with problems and choose a path of compassion and love. I am not just saying this, it's from observing kids. Of course I have also seen teens that could not cope anymore and gave up on life. But the music did not seem to be the trigger for that.

I am just scared/amazed by how sure a lot of you seem to be about the intentions of 5 artists. Imagine that you are wrong and that these are actually good people, caring and loving. Isn't it very tricky to speak that kind of judgement out loud?
I guess that is the part I still don't understand, I get it that you as a true christian, think that you are saved and therefor have the duty to point out dangers to the unsaved once. But the one thing I don't understand is how you can so easily judge things and people that you don't even know or take the time to 'investigate'
do you base yourself on feeling for that? How does it work?

Again, you don't have to answer, I am already very happy that people have been responsive and have tried to be kind to me.
And I do appreciate that I am in your prayers.
Too be honest, the injustice of wrongfully judging someone means more to me than a life of damnation, I really mean that. I am trying to be righteous in the beliefs that I have, I am trying to be just and I see that you are actually trying the same thing, but you just have another initial way of thinking and that is what I am trying to understand.

thank you