View Single Post
(#13)
Old
True Christian™ with a quiverful

Quiverful True Christian™ Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus Hatchet Child Rearing Award Touched by Jesus Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket True Christian Beauty One Year/1000 posts In Love With Zeke True Heterosexual™ TC Bravery

Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Don't Give Panhandlers Even One Thin Dime. - 01-16-2014, 11:53 AM

Many years ago before I met my husband and before I found the Lord, I went for a holiday to deepest darkest Africa. There were lots of beggars. I found out from the local white people that beggar parents would break the limbs of their babies and bind those limbs so that they would never heal (eg: binding the ankle to the front of the thigh). That would make them better beggars for life. I suppose that is enterprising (if you regard panhandling as a profession) but I doubt that sweet Jesus would approve.

Then we came across a beggar and something seemed not quite right. It was the end of the day and most of the office workers had gone home. So we saw the beggar packing up. He appeared quite contorted and hopped around the corner, where he stood up straight, emptied his begging bowl into his pockets and went home. It seemed that it was regarded there as a legitimate career!