View Single Post
(#80)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

just_a_human_being is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: SHOULD 'MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE' STAND TRIAL FOR MURDER ?!! - 10-02-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_a_human_being View Post
I am sorry, but I don't think you understand what I am trying to say, I do not mean to be blasphemous, not at all, because I try to respect all people and all opinions and I am not apologizing for the songs and I am not sharing my interpreation of the songs with the world.

Interpretation is looking for meaning in a song and I do believe that meaning, is linked to a person, therefor all songs can be interpreted differently by different people. Even the songs you listen too.

Look at my words, I did not mean to apologize for songs yet you thought that what was I was doing. Also, I did not mean to be blasphemous, I truly try to understand, yet you interpreted my post as blasphemous.
And I might be interpreting your post in a different way that you intended too.
That is why we communicate with each other, to learn the truth. That is why it is so dangerous to just assume or judge.

And I am trying to be filled with peace, all I want is to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter View Post
Thank you for returning to civility.

I would still ask why you look to muddled music that does not, from what you are saying, always express the intentions of the authors in a clear fashion? You seem to be suggesting that there is beauty in what appears to be filth?

In my example of The Old Rugged Cross, even the children in our Sunday School know exectly what it means. That Jesus died for our sins and wants us to accept Him as our Savior to be with Him in Heaven.

Respectfully yours
You are welcome, but I think I was always civil, at least I treid to be, I think it was a fellow human being and MCR fan who you were talking too before this. I didn't mean to take over, the quotes kinda got messed up, but it still leads to a good conversation so I hope no one will mind.

Well, I will tell you why I choose to listen to music that might appear to be filth to some people. True love, compassion, heart is not clearly visible. It's not the words that we say, but our actions that count.

I have met a lot of people who talk very clearly, who speak of compassion and love, but who act in a very different way. Isn't it our 'duty' in a way too look deeper? Look at what Jesus did with Maria Magdalena, he saw more, he looked beyond 'the filth'

And what saddens me so much is that I know a lot of artists and fans and people in general who are given the stamp 'filth' when, when you actually meet them, talk to them, see their actions, you see that they are some of the most beautiful beings on this planet.

With The Bible, or any other religion for that matter, I also find it very difficult to understand what it all really means, it takes a lot of studying to come to the true meaning right? Isn't it the same for art and for people?