View Single Post
(#6)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Catholics can eat alligator on Good Friday. - 03-30-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Holbeck View Post
Hello Landover Baptist Church.

My neighbor ran over an alligator when he was out at Seminole Pratt Whitney Road and it died. He put it in the trunk of his car and he showed it to me it is not very big only 6 feet long.

I asked him what he was going to do with it and he said he was going to eat it. I know that he is Catholic so I said you can not eat it today you are supposed to eat fish. He said an alligator is a fish he looked it up on the Google and an Archbishop said it is a fish.
Well why not, the Catholics make up everything else, I guess they get to reinvent what is a fish and what isn't.

I've never had alligator, but I've heard it's tasty. So I looked it up in some of my online recipe threads, and every one of them says to add so many pounds of alligator MEAT! If I look up a fish recipe it says add 2 pounds salmon, or trout but never uses the word meat.

Quote:
He called someone at his church and they said it is still OK to eat because it is not considered meat because it is cold-blooded. I laughed at him and said of course it is meat because it is muscle and muscle turns in to meat when you cook it.
Well I'll slightly disagree with you on this. I think muscle is officially meat when it's butchered. After all, the venison in my freezer is still meat.

Quote:
I told him he needed a fish and showed him a picture of a fish:

He laughed at me and said that is a mammal but I did not see any breasts or hair on it so I think he was making fun of me he does that sometimes.
Hmmmm........ interesting neighbor. Obviously confused on a lot of subjects. I hope he doesn't keep the rat poison in the pantry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer C. Eldrich View Post
I had a Hindu neighbor who said that he was able to eat fish and still be a vegetarian because Hindus think that fish are like bananas of the sea. I didn't really get that but I wasn't about to argue and risk not getting any fish tacos (his birthday was on May 5 so it was like a Hindu Mexican party).
Vegetarians are weird. They'll eat fish, chicken, eggs, cheese, milk, etc, etc, etc, but still look down their noses at you because you enjoy a good side of beef.

It's still irking me that I can't find that study they did in "Berkley" where 60% of the "vegetarians" had eaten beef in the last 48 hours.

Drama queen