View Single Post
(#161)
Old
Unsaved trash, hateful race-traitor

Perv Homer

Alkalai is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Alkalai is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Alkalai is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Alkalai is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Alkalai is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Alkalai is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Alkalai is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Alkalai is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The fatal flaw in atheistic thinking exposed in one simple diagram! - 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
You can read them for yourself, but:

Basically, tell us how karma makes sense without reincarnation. You yourself said that buddha would have believed those children massacred in Connecticut had done something wrong in a past life. If those children didn't have a past life, why did they deserve to die? If they didn't deserve to die, how is karma real?
I never said they deserved to die. I think Buddha would've thought they deserved to die based only on our understanding of karma. Don't think he would've thought it based on what we know about his dislike of violence.

Don't think either of us fully understand his thoughts on karma, gonna go read up on that.

Now the reincarnation thing. I believe death is the end of the road. So this whole karma in the next life thing isn't part of my beliefs. I think karma occurs up to the point that we die with death being possibly included in the cause and effect cycle.

The children issue is different. I'm not sure yet how karma would apply to the children. I know that I don't think they deserved to get shot.

Buddha also teaches us not to believe based only on what we can observe. This applies to you people, listen to it.