View Single Post
(#37)
Old
WARNING: Do not attempt to debate. You will lose horribly.
True Christian™

True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Silver Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 2nd Year Bible College TC Bravery True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Tell her once Saved 1 Year

GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.GOD=life is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists? - 03-27-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
You tell them they will go to hell and burn forever and ever, I tell them they will cease to exist.
So according to your logic, an oncologist is less tolerant than a faith healer.

We shouldn't measure actions by how tolerant or pleasant they are, but a) by how much they are based on reality and b) how critical knowing the truth is to the person we're being "intolerant" to.

Quote:
Are you telling me atheism is like pedophiles, rapists or murderers?
No, the reason I point to them is because I understand that atheists are also generally intolerant of them.

I am trying to show, through example, that saying "person X is intolerant" doesn't make sense, because you're not saying which thing(s) that person is intolerant of.

Secondly, NO ONE is tolerant or intolerant of everything. It's logically impossible. So you can say, at most, "that person is intolerant of Christians" or "that person is intolerant of atheists" -- both would be equally intolerant, but have diametrically opposed points of view.

I am, for example, very tolerant of the idea of YOU going to Heaven and living a very happy life. Would an "intolerant person" want to be with you forever? Think about it.

What I am intolerant about is that you will go to Hell. So my act of actual tolerance and compassion can be construed to be "intolerant", even though there's nothing but pure love behind it.

Quote:
... but then it's their action and not their beliefs/opinions.
And yet here you are, blasting our beliefs and opinions. We did not come to your forum, you came to ours.

Perhaps you are confused by the fact that many people go under the label "Christians", even catholics -- who most certainly are very tolerant of pedophiles!

Here, we are True Christians™. Only the people on this forum speak on our behalf, no one else.

Quote:
1) Again - does the fact that the majority think it's right make it right?
I only called into question your reference to wikipedia. If you lend credence to a vandalized article on wikipedia, then - in that context - it would be silly to not lend credence to the Bible.

The Truth is most definitely not determined by popular vote.

Quote:
Do you think the earth is flat, like the majority did in the past?
Yes, the earth is indeed flat. We have an article on this forum, if you're interested. There is also a growing group of scientists that support this thesis.

Quote:
I quite liked that article. Let me quote it:
Of course: both the person who asked the question and the one who answered were biased against Christians. That's the exact reason why I liked to THAT article. If even extremely biased people can grudgingly concede these numbers, then you should too.

But, my argument was that significantly more Americans believe this than what you dismiss as a "small cult". Even assuming than ONLY 1/10 of that 45% really, really believes in this, that's still 13.5 MILLION people. And that's a very conservative estimate.

With other words: you have to retract your "small cult" point. Creationism, the Young Earth variant in particular, is supported by a large number of Americans. We can argue if it's a majority, a super-majority or even a large minority, but it's not a "small cult".

Quote:
Oh, please elaborate.
If I'm sure you will read and respond to my argumentation, then I have no problem elaborating on any topic.

I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.