X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Favorite Bible Verse

Originally posted by Shimei View Post
    I'm currently reading Jude. I'll be on this book all week. If anyone has any insights they'd like to share I'd appreciate you sharing.

Jude 1:4: For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

This has really hit home and when taken with the following verse, Jude 1:23:
    snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

I'm suffering from shell shock at this moment. Looks like God is going to equip me for Spiritual Warfare!

Praise Him!!!
    I don't want to disappoint you, but it looks like you are wasting your time reading wrong translation of the Bible
    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Gotta say, I love this from Pulp Fiction - "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Ezekiel 25:17

It's almost as if it was written for that scene in the movie. Epic!
      This space reserved for KJV only -- ADMIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Gospel of Truth View Post
        Gotta say, I love this from Pulp Fiction...It's almost as if it was written for that scene in the movie...
        Because it was.

Here's the real Ezekiel 25:17 "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

So what have we learned here today, children?

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
          Because it was.

Here's the real Ezekiel 25:17 "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

So what have we learned here today, children?
          That Quentin Tarantino is not a pedant?

Comment

Originally posted by Gospel of Truth View Post
            That Quentin Tarantino is not a pedant?
            No, that Tarantino as been known to use "creative license" to "embellish" his stories, and that using him as a reference makes you look stupid.

Btw, pedant is not an insult around here. James 2:10

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
              No, that Tarantino as been known to use "creative license" to "embellish" his stories, and that using him as a reference makes you look stupid.
              Hi.

You mean Tarantino makes stuff up?

Comment

(Ezek 21:32 KJV) Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

Who will not be remembered and why?

(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

Who killed all these people-?

I found lots of who’s but no why-?

Where be the why’s-?

(Deu 10:18 KJV) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
                Who be the stranger-?

Palestinian perhaps-?

(:-
                A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

Unsaved trash
                  Under Investigation

(Luke 6:37-42; Romans 14:1-12)

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

Originally posted by tooldtocare View Post
                    Unsaved trash
                    Under Investigation

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged....
                    Someone didn't read the stickies they were explicitly told to.

The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)

Comment

Some have self-serving interpretations and then we have the KJV

There the term "stranger" is used 128 times...,,.,. in the KJV

Care to define the meaning of the term "stranger" according to your books interpretation-?

just asking (:-

Comment

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
                        Who be the stranger-?

Palestinian perhaps-?
                        God was very obviously talking to the Hebrew, and Moses in specific. If you had actually read the passage in context instead of cherry picking, you would have known that.

What is it with atheists, false Christians, and false religion followers that they are unable to read the most important book in the world in context?
                        Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Comment

Unsaved trash
                          Under Investigation

(Luke 6:37-42; Romans 14:1-12)

i 1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

i 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

i 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

i 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

i 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

The above words I cannot find in the KJV of the Bible. Then again many people played a hand in compiling/writing the Holy Bible, the KJV.

Never-the-less it is the intent that counts.

in my view the intent was clear enough in the Old & the New

.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,.in my view

There are other books that try to convey the same message. (:-

Comment

The above words I cannot find in the KJV of the Bible...
                            Maybe this will help:

Comment

One of my favorite scripture is: James 2,24

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

Comment

My favorite Bible verse is Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X