X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is God Colorblind?

Originally posted by TruePath View Post
    If God wrote the Bible (which he certainly did not) was he color-blind or forgetful?

He seems to have the colors confused of the robe Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) wore:

Matthew 27:28

28And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.

John 19:2

2And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe

Just so we are clear, THIS is scarlet and THIS is purple.

Well? Can anyone answer this?
    First of all, "Peace be upon him?"

How can you claim to want peace for our Lord while simultaneously attempting to discredit the Good News of His life and teachings?

Secondly, and this shouldn't even need explaining, scarlet, i.e., red, is very close on the color spectrum to purple. How hard is it for you to grasp the concept that one author (inspired by God, of course) might look at a reddish purple robe and say, "That's a scarlet robe," while another author (also, of course, inspired by Almighty God) might look at the same reddish purple robe and say, "That's a purple robe!"

Let me also remind you that Jesus does not need your condescending, sanctimonious wish for peace to be "upon him," for He is the Prince of Peace:

"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6)

Wishing for Jesus to have peace is like wishing for the ocean to be wet or for a Chinaman to be sly.

PLEASE NOTE: Jesus being the Prince of Peace should in no way be interpreted an endorsement of pacifism or other forms of cowardice:

Matthew 10:34

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."
    You're not the only one who has a sword, Abdul!
    WARNING:
    In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
    REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.

Comment

If God says purple is red, who am I to disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by paulmarkj View Post
        If God says purple is red, who am I to disagree?
        An unsaved heathen?
        sigpic

Winging our Way Across the World for The Lord!

God Bless John Boehner and God Bless the Grand Old Party!

Barack Hussein Obama is not My President!!!

Comment

If God wrote the Bible (which he certainly did not) was he color-blind or forgetful?

He seems to have the colors confused of the robe Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) wore:

Matthew 27:28

28And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.

John 19:2

2And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe

They never said it was the same robe. You lack basic reading comprehension skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
            I don't see the problem here.
            he's making it an issue to really prove that God didn't exist.. HAHA shame on him..

Comment

How I laughed!
              Avatar the belly print yon epileptic snake?
              .Charlatan the pope can-can??
              ..Gabbling in his head Mohammed cave???
              ...Let's have a look and see:

Code:
              Just so we are clear, [B[COLOR="Black"]][COLOR=R[/COLOR]ed]THIS[/COLOR][/B] is scarlet and [COLOR=In[COLOR="Black"]digo][B[/COLOR]]THIS[/B][/COLOR] is purple.
              THIS is scarlet NOT RED
              THIS is purple NOT INDIGO
              WHAT a moron THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION AT ALL

Comment

Working...
              X