X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PROOF God is REAL!

Originally posted by saximus View Post
    What I don't understand is why can't the Lord just give us a definite sign like smiting all those heathen unbelievers? He could kill two birds with one stone, as it were, by ridding the world of these hypocritical Godless freaks and proving once and for all that He exists and is the one true Lord.
    Friend, He has already done that. Many times in fact:

Joshua 10:11-14:
    And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.
    Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
    And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
    And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

If miracles like these aren't going to convince atheists, than nothing ever will, I'm afraid.
    Sweet Lord Jesus,
    I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
    Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
    Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
    Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
    Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
    Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
    Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

Amen.

Comment

"Is your God Infinite", .

Whatever God you believe in, or want to
      put this proof to the test on, we start with
      that question.

If you answer the question "NO", my God
      is not Infinite, your God is refuted and
      disproved because of the following reasons:

(1) It is refuted, because, not being
      Infinite, your God is contingent, and therefore
      superfluous. It is against Occam's Razor to
      make up a God, to explain things, when that
      God, being contingent, needs to be explained
      as well. That multiplies explanations beyond
      logical parsimony.

(2) It is disproved, because a supernatural
      entity, of which Gods are by definition, if finite, are
      subject to Infinite regress, which is self-refuting.
      Non-supernatural entities are not subject to
      infinite regress, because existence is
      conceptually irreducible.

(3) If you say your god is finite, then your
      God is disproved because it can't be called
      a God. Gods are by definition, supernatural, but
      finitude is of the natural world. So, saying your
      God is finite, means it can't even be called
      a God. Not only that, but the concept would
      be further self refuting, because, if finite things
      can be called God, then the entire God concept
      is impossibly incoherent, since everything in the
      natural world. including yourself as a human, can
      be called God!!

If you answer the question "YES", my God is
      Infinite, your God is disproved because of the
      following reason:

(1) An actual Infinity is impossible.

(2) An actual Infinity commits the fallacy
      of the floating abstraction, which makes it illegitimate.

COMMON QUESTIONS:

Why is an actual Infinity Impossible?

Because an actual Infinity violates the Law
      of Identity. Existence is by nature, limitation. To exist,
      is to be something specific. An Infinity is unlimited, which means, it's nothing in particular. Something that is nothing in particular, has no Identity. Therefore, it doesn't exist.

What is your definition of Infinity?

(A) Something that is not finite in any way, shape, or
      form.

or

( Having no limits or boundaries in time or space or extent or magnitude;

What logical support do you have for
      claiming the Universe is everything that exists, and
      that the Universe is existence?

There are several reasons why the Universe
      is everything that exists, mainly based on Quantum
      Mechanics and measurement Omission. That may
      be too complicated and involved for the average
      person, so I will stick to the two main, and
      more straight forward reasons:

(1) The Universe is supported by several credible
      sources as being by definition, everything that exists.
      If I see your query, and time permits, these sources
      are available from me, upon request, to your YouTube inbox.

(2) To say that something can exist outside
      the Universe, is to commit the fallacy of the
      stolen concept. The Universe is that which contains existence(things that exist). To claim that
      something exists outside of the Universe, is
      to steal the concept of existence, and apply to
      something external to itself. Which is
      fallacious, since one could only appeal to
      existence again, REDUNDANTLY!

Therefore, the Universe is everything that
      exists, thus by corollary, it is existence, since
      that adheres to the Law of Identity. Why? Because
      the Universe is the sum total of all "extants". To
      say that the Universe is not by corollary
      existence, is to say that that which has the quality
      of existence, is not by implication, existence
      itself in total, which is invalid.

MOST COMMON REBUTTALS NOT COVERED IN THE VIDEO:

Appeal to Ridicule: Scores of people try to refute
      the video, by making fallacious attempts to mock the cognitive reach, or cognitive comprehension, and understanding of myself, or mankind, as a way to
      smuggle the God concept from rational scrunity, logic, and falsification. This is fallacious, and thus, it is worthless Intellectually. It's also disgusting, since
      you would rather mock, and insult the Intellectual ability of humanity, rather than admit your God, or the God concept, is erroneous, and un-real.

It's a strawman argument: No, it's not
      a strawman argument of your God, or any God,
      since the video is not TELLING you how your
      God is. Indeed, it's giving you two options, and
      drawing powerful conclusions from both options.

Comment

Originally posted by StNicholaus View Post
        blah blah blah
        You must feel really smart now that you've mastered the art of copy/paste.

Comment

yes !

Comment

God doesn't exist.... Its only false hope for the weak. Why don't you all have faith in yourselves and not some imaginary friend who answers your prayers?
            Believing in god is for children.

Comment

Originally posted by UpsideDownCross View Post
              God doesn't exist.... Its only false hope for the weak. Why don't you all have faith in yourselves and not some imaginary friend who answers your prayers?
              He won't answer YOUR prayers because you are garbage.

He only answers the prayers of True Christians. Praise God!
              The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.~Joel 1:12

Comment

OP, you must realize surely that the video you posted claiming god is real is a SATIRE right? It is making fun of the terrible arguments put forth by this community. I find it utterly hilarious that you post a video meant to ridicule you as evidence to back your faith, your, should i say, BLIND faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazelion View Post
                  OP, you must realize surely that the video you posted claiming god is real is a SATIRE right? It is making fun of the terrible arguments put forth by this community. I find it utterly hilarious that you post a video meant to ridicule you as evidence to back your faith, your, should i say, BLIND faith.
                  So you joined our board to say something that has been said about 20 times in this very thread?

Yes we know that because atheists can't debunk what he says, they say he's satire.
                  Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
                    So you joined our board to say something that has been said about 20 times in this very thread?

Yes we know that because atheists can't debunk what he says, they say he's satire.
                    The creator of the video is an ATHEIST. And the video clearly shows that it is stupid to assume for a SECOND that: Because there is a bible, god exists. Because there is a god, the bible exists. Seriously, ANYTHING trying to prove either statement with the other is laughable. By the way, my HUMAN ancestors CLEARLY wrote the bible, CLEARLY indicating nothing except the fact that humans knew how to write whatever they wanted on pieces of paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazelion View Post
                      The creator of the video is an ATHEIST. And the video clearly shows that it is stupid to assume for a SECOND that: Because there is a bible, god exists. Because there is a god, the bible exists. Seriously, ANYTHING trying to prove either statement with the other is laughable. By the way, my HUMAN ancestors CLEARLY wrote the bible, CLEARLY indicating nothing except the fact that humans knew how to write whatever they wanted on pieces of paper.
                      If he is an atheist (which I doubt) then God is using him to spread his Holy Word to the idiot masses.

As for your ancestors writing the Bible, of course you have evidence of this? You can actually trace your genealogy back to one of the prophets that God used? Or is this just another one of your atheist lies? I though I was doing pretty good by being able to trace back to 1700.
                      Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
                        As for your ancestors writing the Bible, of course you have evidence of this? You can actually trace your genealogy back to one of the prophets that God used? Or is this just another one of your atheist lies? I though I was doing pretty good by being able to trace back to 1700.
                        You are, Sister! I can't trace my genealogy back any further than the 1960s!
                        The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.~Joel 1:12

Comment

Originally posted by Cursed View Post
                          You are, Sister! I can't trace my genealogy back any further than the 1960s!
                          Believe it or not, there's a benefit to having a Mormon in the family.
                          Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by Rachael Van Helsing View Post
                            Oh, yes, utterly convincing. Oh, so convincing, a badly made video with text flashing one person's opinion. If you accept such as proof, then give me a bit of time and I'll show you 'proof' that the president's wife is actually a baboon. (It's already been proven many a time that he himself bears a close resemblance to our apelike ancestors).

Actually it isn't just the wife it's all of 'em DUH you filthy witch your reckoning will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Christ Serenity View Post
                              your reckoning will come.
                              Thank the LORD, it's only a matter of time until these people whose inane thoughts we've had to put up with are punished by the GOD they've so laughed at.
                              As for God, his way is perfect;
                              the word of the LORD is tried:
                              he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
                              -2 Samuel 22:31

Comment

These people who go on this forum to judge and laugh at our God will get what they have made fun of. When their time comes, they will realize that there is only one God, and burn in hell they will. I suggest all of you who beleive it is okay to question the bible and question God himself should repent immediatly, unless of course it is already too late. Please, for your own sake, i hope you repent, for i wish to see you in heaven, despite all you have said, there is the hope of God deep within all of us. I say 'you" because i am talking to the mysterious few who go onto this forum to critisize and question. I do hope that you read this and turn yourself around.

>>>>Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
                                1 Corinthians 16:13<<<<

Comment

Working...
                                X