View Single Post
(#16)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Zachariah L is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Bible Study: Kill almost anyone you want and still go to Heav - 12-28-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant View Post
But then how do you reconcile the fact that the New Testament specifically states that the Old Testament law is still valid?

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-19

"And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail." Luke 16:17

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:20-21

"...and the scripture cannot be broken;" John 10:35

How can you possibly suggest the Old Testament law doesn't apply (with the exception of some dietary laws and animal sacrifices)? Wouldn't that mean that all scripture isn't profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness? Wouldn't that mean that the scripture IS broken?

Unless, of course, the Old Testament doesn't count as scripture anymore. If that's the case, I guess we can throw out the 10 commandments and the parts about loving your neighbor, can't we?
Well, you can either take it all, or discard it all
If you believe that the old testament laws are valid, then ALL OF THE OLD TESTAMENT LAWS ARE VALID
So you'd better not be eating pork, no mixing of milk and meat, etc.

In the new testament Jesus taught that these beliefs were archaic but he reinforced the principles of brotherly love and most of the commandments

All of what the Lord says is law, therefore, when he says he will make a new covenant, that is the new promise, the new laws which we MUST now follow.
Change not one jot or title and do not think you can do away with his new teachings in order to follow the more violent ways which were necessary in the past.