View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Unsaved Trash, degenerate godmocker

winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.winstonthewhiner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Please Pray For Christian Bus Drivers - 11-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
Well, I don't live in the USA, but all the Christian literature I read tells me its constitution and laws are based on the Bible.
You are not entirely wrong, like the part of 'rights bestowed by their creator' implies a christian influence, but look at the first amendment:

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Whereas

Quote:
You shall have no other gods before me.
is part of the ten commandments.

Quote:
Just because Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son doesn't mean any Christian practices should be forbidden.
Well, well, such a differentiated perspective - a rare thing here....

Quote:
But you don't understand that to raise them up without God is to make the choice of not following God for them.
They may choose to do so when they are old enough. This is a very difficult decision for me. I really want my children to have a good reason for choosing a religion besides being literally beaten to it when they were young. If they come to the conclusion that they want to convert to christianity on their own, that's worth much more than your parents inflicting pain on you when you asked some legitimate questions, don't you agree?

Ecclesiastes 4:5 The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.