View Single Post
(#51)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Republican

Location: Pastor Deacon Fred Hall, Landover Christian University School of Law, Freehold, Iowa, God's Country
Ahimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity - 07-26-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSarahKaitlin View Post
Jesus emphasized loving others more than anything.
What do you make, then, of Matthew 10:37, in which Jesus said, He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me? I read that as saying that salvation is more important than love.

Quote:
It deeply saddens me to see the message that Landover is sending to anyone who doesn't understand true Christianity.
Here's an example of true Christianity: When the city of Capernaum refused to turn to Christ, despite the many wonders he had worked there, he said:

...thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee. Matthew 11:23-24

It doesn't get more truly Christian than when Jesus said it himself, don't you think?

Quote:
It is not a fair representation and I am quite prepared to defend my Savior and His messages.
Excellent. I await your "defense" of Matthew 10:37 and Matthew 11:23-24. I've got some more sayings of Jesus to discuss, but those can wait until you've helped me to understand these two.

Quote:
Please send me a private message if you disagree with me, which I am sure most of you do, and I would be more than happy to discuss it with you.
No need for PMs, we can discuss this right here in the forum. That way, everyone will benefit from your wisdom, not just me.

Quote:
In Christ
Indeed.

Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name.... Jeremiah 10:25