X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Verses to quote to your children

Originally posted by amythornton View Post
    Luke 18:28-30 And Peter said, “See, we have left our homes and followed you.” (29) And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, (30) who will not receive many times more in this time, and in the age to come eternal life.”
    Mrs Thornton,

Your heart seems to be in the right place but I am slightly worried about your choice of a "verse". What is the book you are reading? I checked my memory and to be absolutely sure I also checked an actual paper copy in my collection of True™ Bibles and Luke 18:28-30 goes as follows:

Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee.
    And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,
    Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

The text you quoted seems to be another book called the ESV aka the extra-sensory version. Please beware of these other books and use the Real Bible™ (the KJV®) from now on!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
    2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
    Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

Yes, It is Harsha Shah here. I am also sometimes discussing religion with the children at school and while I am not practising christianity, there is a verse that I find very beautiful but also a little sad. It is the Matthew gospel chapter 18 "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." It is sad because many children die at a young age and they are never experiencing the full scope of human existance. Yes. It is also saying that the children should be preserving their innocence and open nature and not become cynical like us adults, yes? Yes!
      "Ecclesiastes 3:7
      A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak."
      Yes. Women are saving lives. It is time we are speaking! Yes!

Comment

John 5:37-47
        "You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. You diligently study the Scriptures, because you think by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. I do not accept praise from men, but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain praise that comes from the only God?"

Luke 6:37-39
        "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured against you."

Luke 6:36 "Be merciful, just as your father is merciful."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

John 14: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me."

Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”"

Mark 12:31 "The second is love your neighbor as yourself. There are no commandments greater than these."

Ephesians 4:2 "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

Peter 4:8 "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins."

John 4:18 "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear."

Comment

Originally posted by Harsha Shah View Post
          Yes, It is Harsha Shah here. I am also sometimes discussing religion with the children at school and while I am not practising christianity, there is a verse that I find very beautiful but also a little sad. It is the Matthew gospel chapter 18 "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." It is sad because many children die at a young age and they are never experiencing the full scope of human existance. Yes. It is also saying that the children should be preserving their innocence and open nature and not become cynical like us adults, yes? Yes!
          Bypassing the maudlin tone of your conclusion, it is true that children have an innate understanding of God's truths.
          Matthew 11:16-19 KJV
          [Jesus speaking] Whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented. For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Satan attacks them for that very reason. Satan wants them to "love everyone" including followers of false religions, idolators, evolutionists, exogeologists, the whole gamut of evil. That is why children need to be disciplined and that is how we may enter The Kingdom.
          Hebrews 12:7-11 KJV
          If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

A reminder is essential to prevent these snares from taking root and dragging precious souls like netted fish upon the reef of torment and anguish forever. God is very clear about love and hate. Your message, reinforced with cherry picked verses prated out of context, is just the bait to lead these little ones astray. Luke well knew this when he recorded The Saviour's words and I recommend this passage whenever teaching children about love and hate as Jesus taught:
          Luke 14:26-27 KJV
          If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Comment

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them. -- 2 Kings 2:23-24
            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

That is a wonderful reminder for me of how I was contaminated from birth. Like those little children outside Bethel my "natural" inclination was to mock Jesus just as they laughed at Elisha's pate. But God knew they were really mocking Him. Just imagine how a prophet would loose respect if people knew little children found a comb-over amusing!

Because when King Mesha—a disgusting Moabite—started in with the disrespect, refusing to supply The Israelites with free mutton wool and breeding stock, who would there be to marshall troops against him? What would The Israelites eat? What would they wear? With limited wool and rams they might be reduced to the abomination of combining fibres such as wool and flax or crossbreeding with billy-goats.

Leviticus 19 KJV
              19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee..
              32 Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.

Now things weren't looking too good for the armies marching on Moab. Taking a route through the wilderness may not have been the best plan but when there is a prophet available ignoring logistics opens the door to miracles and Elisha was that prophet. Everyone began to dehydrate.

Jehoshaphat knew what would happen if they carried on without God and this is what he said:

Is there not here a prophet of the LORD, that we may enquire of the LORD by him?
              . .One of the king of Israel's servants answered Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah.
              . . . And Jehoshaphat said, The word of the LORD is with him.

Now just imagine if God had overlooked those children's gleeful taunts. When Jehoshaphat requested a prophet and Elisha turned up what respect could he have commanded? It would be Elisha the bald-headed twit or Elisha? Don't make laugh and everyone would be sniggering behind there hands as they remembered how the little children found his coiffure a source of merriment one sunny afternoon as they skipped among the trees and he did nothing. Jehoshaphat's riposte would have been altogether different.
              . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Prophet? Shmophet! Get me a real prophet he would have said. And all the people would laugh openly, making rude gestures, pulling faces, sneering. And of course dying of thirst. There would be no free mutton for their families at home; they'd all starve. No woollen cloaks to keep them warn, no rams to cover those ewes, no leather for Ugg boots. Horror upon horror until they were all dead.

But Elisha was a real prophet. Respected for what he could do to gleeful children who knew all about his relationship with Elijah and how God had displayed His majesty by sucking him off to Heaven in a tornado.

II Kings 2:9b-11 KJV
              Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so. And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Silly old Mesha was done for. He murdered his son and went home. What a terrible man!

II Kings 3:22-27 KJV
              And they rose up early in the morning, and the sun shone upon the water, and the Moabites saw the water on the other side as red as blood: And they said, This is blood: the kings are surely slain, and they have smitten one another: now therefore, Moab, to the spoil.And when they came to the camp of Israel, the Israelites rose up and smote the Moabites, so that they fled before them: but they went forward smiting the Moabites, even in their country. And they beat down the cities, and on every good piece of land cast every man his stone, and filled it; and they stopped all the wells of water, and felled all the good trees: only in Kirharaseth left they the stones thereof; howbeit the slingers went about it, and smote it. And when the king of Moab saw that the battle was too sore for him, he took with him seven hundred men that drew swords, to break through even unto the king of Edom: but they could not. Then he took his eldest son that should have reigned in his stead, and offered him for a burnt offering upon the wall. And there was great indignation against Israel: and they departed from him, and returned to their own land.

Comment

Brothers and Sisters, how sad it is that the person who started this most inspirational and thought-provoking discussion never returned to these Godly forums. Jimmy, if you are out there, please get in touch.

My husband favors the Book of Proverbs. Just a few of his favorites are:

Proverbs 13:24
                He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Proverbs 22:6
                Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 23:13-14
                Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Personally, I really like Proverbs 29:15

The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

YiC
                Joanna
                Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
                  Proverbs 23:13-14
                  Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
                  That is very instructional for children. And so often in these last days, dominated by the liberal agenda, God's meaning is overlooked. A little clout to the side of the head or a cane to the back of the legs is seen as sufficient: a sort of interim compromise pending the abolition of corporal punishment altogether.

God is really quite clear. That is not what He intended. The rod must cause injury.
                  Hebrews 12:11 KJV context
                  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
                  grievous formal
                  very serious and causing great pain or suffering

In this context we are talking about a bodily effect and straight away the liberal agenda bites, perhaps unsurprisingly of British origin, with God's commandment being declared a crime:

grievous bodily harm British English, law
                  serious injury caused by a criminal attack

How do we know that God intended the beating to cause injury? Again we turn to Proverbs, endorsed by King Solomon the wisest man ever to live, and find a very precise explanation:
                  Proverbs 20:30 KJV context
                  The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.
                  Not only must the beating be done with an implement, not only must it cause injury, but the wound must turn blue. Some examples follow:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blueness2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1920905

In the first example [LEFT] the injury is superficial and will heal without scars. Would this be sufficient to cleanse away evil?

The second example [CENTRE] has caused injury but it seems to be healing without becoming infected. Does this meet God's standard? Remember that this criterion—for the injury to be grievous—continues in the New Testament as the quote from Hebrews shows rather plainly.

Example three [RIGHT] contains all the elements explained by God, endorsed by Solomon, reiterated in The New Testament as a current and desirable form of discipline. The injury is grievous. The wound has turned blue. When Jesus was whipped his injuries were efficacious not only for Himself, and of course in that case entirely unnecessary because He was without sin due to not having been contaminated by a physical connection with Adam, but for all of humanity. Well, at least that fragment of humanity believing in His Perfect Sacrifice. It is the injury which cleanses away evil and in the prophecy concerning Jesus the point is made explicitly:
                  Isaiah 53:5 KJV context
                  He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
                  ALL THESE FORMS OF PUNISHMENT ARE CRIMES in every liberal jurisdiction. God is clear that without them children will grow to form their own standards of discipline and when elected to government, as some of them will be, they will pass laws criminalising God's commandments not only regarding grievous bodily harm but in matters of idolatry, fornication, incense burning, women's entitlements, rights of the child, freedom of movement, atheism and take a look around. Every country where the liberal agenda has been taken up has descended into a quagmire of secularism, humanistic ideals, even outright atheism is presented to children as offering better standards of living, improved health care, education & diet but what heed is given to the peril brought down on every mortal soul? None at all.

Christians follow The Bible. Those who do not will be dealt with by Jesus exactly as promised. The Bible is clear about that, but in every secular nation the claim is out there that Jesus never existed at all and that even if He did, they say, no crime perpetrated upon Him would have any effect on anyone else who should take responsibility for their own actions. Well just look at the atheistic regimes. Where would you rather live?

1. Proverbs 1:1
                  2. I Kings 3:12
                  ... Longman

Comment

Would it be alright to add some of these to my signature?

Comment

Originally posted by FNAFanatic View Post
                      Would it be alright to add some of these to my signature?
                      Sweetie, reading and understanding the Word of God is your first step towards Salvation!

Of course you can use Bible passages in your signature. Why not go with this one:

Deuteronomy 20:16-18
                      16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
                      17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:
                      18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God.

Isn't that a very uplifting passage? God loves His favorite people so much, that He wants all of their enemies dead - women, babies, and old people included! (Also, please note that it shows that enemies of God have no right to own anything, True Christians(tm) have the right to take over their lands and other possessions).

Praise !!
                      God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                      True Christians are Perfect!
                      True Christian™ Love.
                      Salvation™ made Easy!
                      You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                      Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                      Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                      Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                      Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                      The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                      Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                      God HATES Rational Thinking!
                      True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                        Sweetie, reading and understanding the Word of God is your first step towards Salvation!

Of course you can use Bible passages in your signature. Why not go with this one:

Deuteronomy 20:16-18
                        16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
                        17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:
                        18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God.

Isn't that a very uplifting passage? God loves His favorite people so much, that He wants all of their enemies dead - women, babies, and old people included! (Also, please note that it shows that enemies of God have no right to own anything, True Christians™ have the right to take over their lands and other possessions).

Praise !!
                        Thank you! I will place that into my signature right away! But if I may ask, as my curiosity has peaked, why would God hate all the sinners? Why would he not try and help them find their way, or have us attempt at helping them see the wrong they have done?

Excuse me if I seem to cross the line there, but I am quite curious. I am of Catholic faith, sadly, but have much interest in the Christian faith and the ways they teach, so if I sound very stupid, forgive me.

Comment

Thank you! I will place that into my signature right away! But if I may ask, as my curiosity has peaked, why would God hate all the sinners? Why would he not try and help them find their way, or have us attempt at helping them see the wrong they have done?

Excuse me if I seem to cross the line there, but I am quite curious. I am of Catholic faith, sadly, but have much interest in the Christian faith and the ways they teach, so if I sound very stupid, forgive me.
                          Don't feel too bad - many of us came here from Catholic background (myself included).

There is no good "why" answer to your question - it's just how God created the world. His world, His rules:

Matthew 7:13-14
                          13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
                          14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

As you can see, most people are doomed. That's the setup setting.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

As you can see, so called "good people" who failed to believe in Jesus are destined for Hell.

Sometimes God sends a false prophet, just to send more people to Hell:

Ezekiel 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

He also gives some people false laws, so they unknowingly sin and can be send to Hell:

Ezekiel 20:25-26
                          25 Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;
                          26 And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.

I hope that was helpful, dear!
                          God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                          True Christians are Perfect!
                          True Christian™ Love.
                          Salvation™ made Easy!
                          You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                          Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                          Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                          Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                          Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                          The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                          Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                          God HATES Rational Thinking!
                          True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                            Don't feel too bad - many of us came here from Catholic background (myself included).

There is no good "why" answer to your question - it's just how God created the world. His world, His rules:

Matthew 7:13-14
                            13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
                            14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

As you can see, most people are doomed. That's the setup setting.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

As you can see, so called "good people" who failed to believe in Jesus are destined for Hell.

Sometimes God sends a false prophet, just to send more people to Hell:

Ezekiel 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

He also gives some people false laws, so they unknowingly sin and can be send to Hell:

Ezekiel 20:25-26
                            25 Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;
                            26 And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.

I hope that was helpful, dear!
                            Of course! Thank you, I was curious, that's all.

Comment

I was looking up some verse of the Bible and found one that I guess I enjoyed:

Galatians 3:28

Just kind of stood out at the moment.

Comment

I was looking up some verse of the Bible and found one that I guess I enjoyed:

Galatians 3:28

Just kind of stood out at the moment.

Lets expand that verse to Galatians 3:26-29. If we avoid the sinful activity of cherry picking, we find that verse 28 refers only to Christians, not you. God hates you and you are Hell bound, unless you accept Jesus.
                                God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

Working...
                                X