View Single Post
(#8)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture One Year/1000 posts

Paul Jeffery has bribed people to get these reputation points.Paul Jeffery has bribed people to get these reputation points.Paul Jeffery has bribed people to get these reputation points.Paul Jeffery has bribed people to get these reputation points.Paul Jeffery has bribed people to get these reputation points.Paul Jeffery has bribed people to get these reputation points.Paul Jeffery has bribed people to get these reputation points.Paul Jeffery has bribed people to get these reputation points.Paul Jeffery has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Are the Christian members of Slayer good Christians? - 01-15-2010, 03:45 AM

I mentioned in my introduction that one of my guilty pleasures has always been music and that metal has been an area of particular interest for me. Being an accomplished drummer and percussion instructor myself, I do consider myself something of an expert.

Slayer has been around for a lot longer than most people realize. They made a name for themselves among metal fans in 1983 with brutally chaotic guitar riffs, relentless (if somewhat Muppet-like) drumming efforts, and lame comic book lyrics about war and death and religion and evil. I can tolerate their 'old school' approach to metal for short periods, but at best they always were and still are a B-tier metal band with a lot of simple loyal fans who'd better find Jesus before it's too late. That one or two of their members are thought to be Christians in any imagined form doesn't excuse the fact that the band, as a whole, exists to blaspheme and lead the younger, weaker sheep astray. Listen with caution to this literally damned band.