View Single Post
(#10)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

True Christian Caucasian Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus One Year/1000 posts

Bryan Tamariki has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Bryan Tamariki has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Bryan Tamariki has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Bryan Tamariki has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Bryan Tamariki has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Bryan Tamariki has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Bryan Tamariki has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Bryan Tamariki has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Google spits on Veterans and American History - 12-11-2009, 12:37 PM

Down here in New Zealand we have ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) Day which is on April 25. ANZAC Day is when we remember the lives of New Zealanders and Australians who have died in military actions that Australasian (New Zealand and Australia) has been involved in.

This year was the 94th Anniversary of men from the combined Australian and New Zealand Army Corps landing on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. The objective of this World War One battle was to open up the Black Sea for the Allied navies. Over 8,000 Australian and 2,700 New Zealand Diggers (ANZAC military slang for 'soldiers', as they had trench digging tools in their backpacks) gave their lives during a few months in 1915.

Every year we hold a Dawn Service at the various cenotaphs in Australia and New Zealand. Returned Servicemen and their families lay red poppies beside the names of those who died and listen to the 'Last Post'.

ANZAC Day is especially important to me as both of my Grandfathers proudly served our country in WWII. My late Maternal Grandfather served with the New Zealand Division of the British 8th Army, as an artilleryman and a driver, at the Battle of El Alamein in North Africa. My late Paternal Grandfather spend most of the war fixing Mustangs and other aircraft on Allied airforce bases in the Pacific, such as at Guadalcanal.

However in recent years many New Zealanders, including my family, have been angered by commies and liebrals laying 'anti-war' wreaths and burning the New Zealand Flag at the Dawn Service.

YIC
Bryan.

Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.