• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Bible Verse

Originally posted by Elijahthebeast666 View Post
    Ezekiel 23:19-20
    King James Version (KJV)
    19 Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.

20 For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.
    So your favorite verse is one describing equine ejaculation? I'm pretty certain I know why, but care to tell us why this moves you?

In Christ
    Matthew 19:14 "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

sigpic

Comment

I've always been fond of Matthew 6:10.

Comment

I found this story at about Mitt Romney using the Mormon prophet Thomas S. Monson to raise the dead and give sight to the blind? Is this true can the Mormons really do this? they call the story miracles-lds. You can see the story on my signature below it is very interesting
        This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN

Comment

Originally posted by John William View Post
          I found this story at about Mitt Romney using the Mormon prophet Thomas S. Monson to raise the dead and give sight to the blind? Is this true can the Mormons really do this? they call the story miracles-lds. You can see the story on my signature below it is very interesting
          In what way does this reflect your favorite Bible verse?

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

my favorite bible verse is:

Philippians 4:8
            Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Ryan View Post
              my favorite bible verse is:

Philippians 4:8
              Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.
              Shalom

Comment

Hi. My favorite quote is in my signature. But can someone please explain what's this?

Psalm 137:9 - "Happy are those who grab your babies and smash them against the rocks."
                "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
                - Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Neddy View Post
                  Hi. My favorite quote is in my signature. But can someone please explain what's this?

Psalm 137:9 - "Happy are those who grab your babies and smash them against the rocks."
                  You mean: ”Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

I’ve no intention to sound rude but what is there not to understand? Is there some word in particular that escapes your comprehension? One of the clearest passages of The Bible if I may say…

Maybe the following verses will add to your understanding:

Numbers 31:17
                  17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

Exodus 11:4-5
                  4 And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt:

5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

Isaiah 13:18
                  18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

2 Kings 2:24
                  24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
                  Stop whining
                  (1 Thessalonians 5:18) - In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
                  (1 Corinthians 10:10) - Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer
                  (Psalm 106:25) - But murmured in their tents, And hearkened not unto the voice of the LORD
                  (Ephesians 4:29) - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers

Comment

My Favorite verse is Psalm 14:1 reminds me how stupid I used to be.

Comment

• Re: Favorite Bible Verse

Originally posted by Neddy View Post

It is a prayer. God answers it in Isaiah.

Isaiah 13:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.
                      The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

Comment

Hi, please explain this:

Luke 6: 35
                        "But love your enemies, do good to them"
                        Luke 14: 26
                        "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

So I need to love my enemies and hate my family? Not being rude, it's what the bible said, the word of God. Care to explain this? God bless.

Yours in Christ
                        "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
                        - Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

No other verse quite captures the True Nature™ of God® as succinctly.

Comment

My favorite bible verse would be Galatians 2:20 . I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
                            This wonderful excerpt reminds me I owe my life to Christ!

Comment

My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 1:5, and Exodus 20:13. It really just touches my heart when I know that at least Jesus understands killing babies is wrong. Abortion makes me so sad. I cry a lot about abortion. All those unborn babies that get sent to hell just because their mother was a whore.

I also like Leviticus 18:22, because whenever I see a homer wearing there "LGBT" shirts, and rainbows I always want to say something to them, but then remember I need to be polite, but then I remember oh hey God hates Fags, and its my job to tell them that so they can go to heaven! This verse has helped me convert a homer once. A girl at my school was a lesbian, and I gave her a Bible, and told her about how she is going to hell if she doesn't change. She is now straight .

I also like Isaiah 45:7, because it shows me what God is capable of. It reminds me God is not a merciful fluffy bunny like the blasphemous false Christians claim he is, but we are supposed to be God-Fearing humans! I like this verse also, because I like to see people saying the devil will torture them in hell when in reality it really is God!

I have a lot of favorite Bible verses, but my number 1 favorite of all times is Ephesians 5:22-24. Ephesians 5:22-24 shows me that I am a woman, and I submit to my husband, and I am his property, and must do anything he says. I remind myself of this verse when my husband is yelling at me, or he is beating me as Proverbs 23:13-14 demands. I love all the verses in the Bible, but these are my favorite!

Comment

I'm currently reading Jude. I'll be on this book all week. If anyone has any insights they'd like to share I'd appreciate you sharing.

Jude 1:4: For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

This has really hit home and when taken with the following verse, Jude 1:23:
                                snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

I'm suffering from shell shock at this moment. Looks like God is going to equip me for Spiritual Warfare!

Praise Him!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X