The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Promise Enforcers - Men Only! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pat Robertson: Forgive Husbands For Drunken Gay Affair (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=105611)

Pastor Ezekiel 04-28-2015 04:32 AM

Pat Robertson: Forgive Husbands For Drunken Gay Affair

Brothers in Christ, Praise Jesus! Pastor Pat Robertson has set a Christian precedent today, and it's great news for all nubile young True Christian Men.

Quote:

Robertson: Forgive Husband For Drunken Gay Affair – Unless He’s A ‘Habitual Homosexual’

On Monday’s “The 700 Club,” conservative preacher Pat Robertson gave some marital advice to a woman whose husband of 11 years cheated on her with a fellow male churchgoer. Robertson urged the woman to forgive her husband – but only if he wasn’t a “habitual homosexual.”

The woman, whose name is Carol, asked Robertson’s advice:

“My husband and I are Christians and have been together for 11 years. Recently I found out he cheated on me with a male Christian friend in our church. He says it was a mistake, that it just happened while they were both drunk and he wants me to forgive him. I don’t know if I can. What should I do?”

Here’s how the TV preacher handled the sticky situation:

Robertson carefully assessed Carol’s problem as he repeated, “He’s been married for 11 years. This guy got drunk….” When Robertson remembers that this affair was with another Christian, he said:

“Well, hey, drunk, he didn’t know what he was dealing with. She says, ‘Should I forgive?’ Of course you should.

If he were this way all the time, if he’s a habitual drunk, if he’s a habitual homosexual, if he’s a habitual philanderer, then by all means take a hike. But one time, 11 years, don’t throw all of that away.”

So apparently it’s okay to engage in gay sex, but you only get one free pass before society – and God – can’t forgive you. Bonus points if it’s with a fellow churchgoer, and you can probably get extra understanding from your spouse if you had alcohol to blame for clouding your Christian judgment.
I know that my Friday Night True Christian Young Men's prayer Circle will be thrilled to hear this news! :yahoo:

post #77,777 :thumbsup:

James Hutchins 04-28-2015 02:46 PM

Re: Pat Robertson: Forgive Husbands For Drunken Gay Affair

People make mistakes. Only God is perfect. However if on every Saturday night a man goes out 'on the down low' for years and years, then I'd say it is habitual. However all men stumble and as long as it is not every single Saturday night and there is no rhyme or reason, it just 'happens', then as Christians, we must allow the person to make peace with Jesus, assuming their tithes are up to date.
God knows how many times I have awoken after Satan got a hold of my talleywacker and tormented young, firm men with it. I thank Jesus when I get out of the sweat and man juice stained sheets that I am a Christian! He knows it was not my fault.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 04-28-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1144081)
People make mistakes. Only God is perfect. However if on every Saturday night a man goes out 'on the down low' for years and years, then I'd say it is habitual. However all men stumble and as long as it is not every single Saturday night and there is no rhyme or reason, it just 'happens', then as Christians, we must allow the person to make peace with Jesus, assuming their tithes are up to date.
God knows how many times I have awoken after Satan got a hold of my talleywacker and tormented young, firm men with it. I thank Jesus when I get out of the sweat and man juice stained sheets that I am a Christian! He knows it was not my fault.

So to get the GaySex Free Pass® you need to be roaring drunk and make sure it's a Saturday. That's quite a high bar there, it is OK to slip up occasionally?

James Hutchins 04-29-2015 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1144104)
So to get the GaySex Free Pass® you need to be roaring drunk and make sure it's a Saturday. That's quite a high bar there, it is OK to slip up occasionally?

Only God is Perfect® friend. I would never compare myself to Him.:thumbsup:
I just do whowhat I can.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 04-30-2015 09:00 PM

Friend, you make a great point. Only Jesus is perfect. That's why I aim for 90%, every time. I'm sure Pat would agree.

Basilissa 05-01-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1144328)
Friend, you make a great point. Only Jesus is perfect. That's why I aim for 90%, every time. I'm sure Pat would agree.

I know... we all try the best we can.

It's like the Wayne State University slogan:

http://mac.wayne.edu/pr/wsu_midtown.jpg

...Which (unfortunately) students translate to: "Aim higher - go to Harvard."

Billy Bob Jenkins 05-01-2015 01:44 AM

There are reasons God feels the need to instruct us so unambiguously in the KJV that we are not to fornicate with members of the same sex. Given that we have a sinful nature, there is no doubt in my mind that James Hutchins and I would find our way onto a Nuru mattress if it weren't for God's law. I shudder to imagine myself receiving his massive genitalia, in ignorance of Biblical mandates to the contrary.

We must reject these sinful tendencies that have twisted and warped our minds since puberty. Let the Holy Ghost guide us to procreate dutifully with our wives.

Nobar King 05-01-2015 08:16 AM

If I was ever drunk and was friendly with another man, AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT I EVER DID, I would hope that Jesus would forgive me that one transgression. Just because it happened once does not make me gay.

WWJDnow 05-02-2015 01:35 AM

I love Pastor Pat, but where does the Bible say that a woman can walk away from her husband? That's right--nowhere. Here's what the Bible says:

And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband. 1 Corinthians 7:10

Honestly, as a Christian, I'm offended that a woman would even consider questioning her husband. For that matter, the very fact that this guy apologized to his wife tells me that he probably is a homo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1144352)
...the Wayne State University slogan... "Aim higher - go to Harvard."

They don't need to aim that high. They could split the difference and transfer to Oakland Community College.

BrotherLarry 05-02-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1144447)
I love Pastor Pat, but where does the Bible say that a woman can walk away from her husband? That's right--nowhere. Here's what the Bible says:

And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband. 1 Corinthians 7:10

Honestly, as a Christian, I'm offended that a woman would even consider questioning her husband. For that matter, the very fact that this guy apologized to his wife tells me that he probably is a homo.

They don't need to aim that high. They could split the difference and transfer to Oakland Community College.

You know, WWJDnow, since we are both stuck in the wasteland of NY City, we should witness to the lost together. I posted earlier about my experiences on Christopher Street Friday evening. I was thinking of hitting the east Village tonight unless you have a better idea. One doesn't have to look far to find lost souls here. I would love to hang out with you, man to man, pleasing the Lord with our fellowship. I claim NY City for Jesus in His Name. Amen!

James Hutchins 05-03-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 1144368)
There are reasons God feels the need to instruct us so unambiguously in the KJV that we are not to fornicate with members of the same sex. Given that we have a sinful nature, there is no doubt in my mind that James Hutchins and I would find our way onto a Nuru mattress if it weren't for God's law. I shudder to imagine myself receiving his massive genitalia, in ignorance of Biblical mandates to the contrary.

We must reject these sinful tendencies that have twisted and warped our minds since puberty. Let the Holy Ghost guide us to procreate dutifully with our wives.

Absolutely Billy Bob. I so much appreciate God testing my fortitude and resistance on a daily basis. While He knows I am destined to fail and learn from His Wise Word I will endeavor to not disappoint Him.:innocent:

WWJDnow 05-04-2015 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1144527)
You know, WWJDnow, since we are both stuck in the wasteland of NY City, we should witness to the lost together. I posted earlier about my experiences on Christopher Street Friday evening. I was thinking of hitting the east Village tonight unless you have a better idea. One doesn't have to look far to find lost souls here. I would love to hang out with you, man to man, pleasing the Lord with our fellowship. I claim NY City for Jesus in His Name. Amen!

Sure, I would love to engage in this kind of fellowship with you. I even moved to the Village just to be closer to so many sinners to make it easier to rebuke them forcefully!

I'll just need a note of recommendation from your Pastor certifying that you are a good Christian, current in your tithes, and not some kind of fornicator or idolator or Democrat or whatnot. The Bible tells me not to associate with people like that:

... I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 1 Corinthians 5:11

You wouldn't believe how many times I've tried to find a fellow Christian in New York City, just to discover that he was really a fornicator!