The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bible Study: Kill almost anyone you want and still go to Heaven! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=56552)

GodIsWinning 04-04-2011 12:23 AM

Re: Bible Study: Kill almost anyone you want and still go to Heav

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Dancer (Post 720659)
No friend, I am not slow, re-read these quotes I said. Watch ANYBODY sleep. meaning somebody other then yourself. of course you can't watch yourself, that'd be weird

God does not want you to watch people while they sleep unless you feel they may be possessed by SATAN.

zoonswoggle 05-13-2011 05:44 AM

do you have scripture for that?

FlyingMintBunny 05-15-2011 06:39 PM

However... Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do it justly, and love mercy" :thumbsup:

BelieverAndTrue 05-17-2011 06:59 PM

And to think that some of you claim to be reading from the original KJV!

http://www.lapstoneministries.org/romans13.html
Quote:

Romans 13

Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. (Romans 13:1a NASB)3

Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers. (Romans 13:1 ASV)4

Most twentieth century versions have interpreted the Greek words as “governing authorities” while those of older origin, such as King James (1611), American Standard (1901), Bishop’s (1595), Geneva (1599), Darby (1890), Tyndale (1534), Webster’s (1833), carry the literal translation of these words—“higher powers.”5

Why this change from translation to interpretation in the newer versions? Was the change a matter of accuracy or some influence over a few of the translators? This change would certainly hamper every ‘good Christian’ from even thinking of opposing a government that advocates say abortion or homosexuality.

The word governing in the NASB is the Greek word huperecho that means “to hold above, to rise above, to be superior.” It is rooted in the words Huper—over, beyond—and echo—to have, hold.6

The use of the word govern here may come by deducing a connection to verse 3 where Paul uses the analogy of our relationship to physical rulers to make a point. More on this later.

The Greek word exousia interpretated as authorities in the NASB has interesting roots. It means power to act, authority, and comes from exesti—it is permitted, lawful, which in turn comes from the two words ek or ex—from, from out of, and eimi—I exist, I am.7

Discussion has been ongoing whether the term exousia refers to human authority or spiritual.8 I believe that the adjective higher was used by Paul to distinguishing this exousia to from that which is merely human.

When putting these translations together, exousia could refer to some “law or authority, coming out of I AM.”
What authority is higher than GOD!

MountainFool 05-19-2011 06:36 AM

wasn't there a commandment that said not to kill? I'm pretty sure one of those 10 rules said something about that.

Sin Without Guilt 05-19-2011 11:05 AM

Mountain Man, that is one of the Ten Commandments which are all laws about dealings with your neighbors, not strangers like illegal aliens, Muslims, animals, etc.

MountainFool 05-19-2011 06:01 PM

Does that mean I can kill all of you? You guys aren't my neighbors. or how about i blow up a school in the next town? none of those kids are my neighbors.

Cursed 05-19-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainMan916 (Post 752177)
Does that mean I can kill all of you? You guys aren't my neighbors. or how about i blow up a school in the next town? none of those kids are my neighbors.

Sir, you must follow the Word of God.

This commands us to follow secular law while here on earth (1 Peter 2:13, etc.).

However, if we were in a country that followed God's law, there would be nothing wrong with killing anyone if they were not Followers of Christ (Deuteronomy 13:13-19, etc.).

Our goal is to elect proper Republican representatives so that God's law can again be followed in the greatest country on earth of all time, the United States of America.

God Bless America!

Jacob Hauty 05-19-2011 11:15 PM

MountainMan, you're an embarrassment. You obviously didn't take the few minutes to even read the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainMan916 (Post 752029)
wasn't there a commandment that said not to kill? I'm pretty sure one of those 10 rules said something about that.

Refer to thread! Try the first sentence Cranky Old Man wrote. Did you expect to just skip reading the thread and go on and reply based on the title or something? Not going to cut it, child. :thumbdown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainMan916 (Post 752177)

REFER TO THREAD! No. No you may not just go out and kill anyone you want. If you really did reply to this thread based on the title like I suspected you did, you should've noted that it says "Kill almost anyone you want and still go to Heaven." Why are you here, anyways? You're obviously not here for knowledge if you lack the ability and/or intention to read things thoroughly. I think you're either a really stupid troll, or... a fluffy bunny.

That Other Guy 05-21-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 661981)
The "thou shalt not kill" LIE !!!

Sex with men, women or animals?
Someone raping a cow, even if it is just by accident? Time to blow them up:
Leviticus 20:15-16.

What about oral sex with a cow?

Titus Templeton 05-21-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Other Guy (Post 753859)
What about oral sex with a cow?

Oral sex is rape too you pervert. :angry:

TruthHunter 05-24-2011 04:33 AM

I understand things like killing witches acording to the Bible. Unfortunately I also know MANY poor souls not guilty of being a witch were killed. My point here is, we are human. Not a single human in the history of the world is perfect. As such we cannot be perfect judges. Only God is the perfect Judge, why are you so eager to take lives and send people to judgement? Prehaps, we should just bide our time on the subject and let God do as he wills. If not, just let him among you who is without sin, cast the first stone, or fire the first bullet.

I won't plauge you with my presence anymore, I hope to see every True Christian in heaven someday. Until then, good bye.

MisterM 05-24-2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruthHunter (Post 755263)
Unfortunately I also know MANY poor souls not guilty of being a witch were killed.

Of course they were. It was Catlicks doing the burning, not Christians. It had nothing to do with the Bible, it was political.

YiC, Miikkael

Pastor Ezekiel 05-25-2011 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruthHunter (Post 755263)
I understand things like killing witches acording to the Bible. Unfortunately I also know MANY poor souls not guilty of being a witch were killed.

Oh well! God works in mysterious ways. You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs.

Artiewhitefox 07-31-2011 08:59 PM

Cranky Old Man If Jesus was for killing humans he would have done so when on earth, but he did not,and in fact healed humans, and raised the dead, so there.

Sex with men, women or animals? God does not want us to blow anyone up. God wants this:1 Cor, 11:31,K J B, For if we would judge ourselves we should not be judged. 1 John 4 ,12, If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Ephesians 4:29,K J B,Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Going around saying they want to kill a human is not giving grace to the hearers. That is giving fear, and perfect love casts out fear, and have no fear in you, and whoever will not give fear. A human saying they want to kill you is giving that person fear. To the wicked Gods light seems to be like fire. Gods light will be present around the city of God. ,Revelation 20 9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. That fire is Gods light that the wicked cannot stand before. Jesus never threw a stone at anyone. Therefore anyone throwing a stone is against Jesus, and is throwing a stone at Jesus himself.

The problem we have is humans taking their eyes off of Jesus, and when they do that turn into devils seeking blood, and stones to throw. Look at Jesus , and You will see that what humans are doing persecuting the sexualities is wrong.
Blasphemers will have their day. Is the one wanting for another what will not be in heaven the one blaspheming God?
All of us are going to be put to death, and that is because all of us has death in us. Have you thought of that? Have a soul wanting to do to humans what devils want, and the soul will die with the body.

What I see you doing is drawing humans away from God to do to humans what will not be done in heaven, and heaven has to be in us now. That makes Cranky Old Man the one who will lose his soul unfit to live peaceably with all men, Repent dude.
Hell is death of the soul. Hell is where the soul perishes. Satan is death, and cannot support death so how could Satan support whatever when he himself is going to be destroyed in the lake of fire around the city of God revelation 20, 9, and a fire pit is not perpetually burning around the city of Gods with the redeemed walking back, and forth in that burning caldron. Wicked will be dust.

The reason that few be there that find the right way is because of humans like Cranky Old Man that never tell them what the right way is only dwelling on Kill, kill, kill, and death, death, death, and why Cranky Old Man thinks there should be death, and fire, and burning is because those things are on the mind of Satan who is the giver of death. Love like Jeus
Cranky Old Man If Jesus was for killing humans he would have done so when on earth,but he did not,in fact healed humans,and raised the dead, so there.

Sex with men, women or animals? God does not want us to blow anyone up. God wants this:1 Cor, 11:31,K J B, For if we would judge ourselves we should not be judged. 1 John 4 ,12, If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Ephesians 4:29,K J B,Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Going around saying whoever wants to kill a human is not giving grace to the hearers. That is giving fear, and perfect love casts out fear, and have no fear in you, and whoever will not give fear. A human saying they want to kill you is giving that person fear. To the wicked Gods light seems to be like fire. Gods light will be present around the city of God. ,Revelation 20 9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. That fire is Gods light that the wicked cannot stand before. Jesus never threw a stone at anyone. Therefore anyone throwing a stone is against Jesus, and is throwing a stone at Jesus himself.

The problem we have is humans taking their eyes off of Jesus, and when they do that turn into devils seeking blood, and stones to throw. Look at Jesus , and You will see that what humans are doing persecuting the sexualities is wrong.
Blasphemers will have their day. Is the one wanting for another what will not be in heaven the one blaspheming God?
All of us are going to be put to death, and that is because all of us has death in us. Have you thought of that? Have a soul wanting to do to humans what devils want, and the soul will die with the body.

What I see you doing is drawing humans away from God to do to humans what will not be done in t heaven,and heaven has to be in us now. That makes Cranky Old Man the one who will lose his soul unfit to live peaceably with all men. Repent dude.
Hell is death of the soul. Hell is where the soul perishes. Satan is death, and cannot support death so how could Satan support whatever when he himself is going to be destroyed in the lake of fire around the city of God revelation 20, 9, and a fire pit is not perpetually burning around the city of Gods with the redeemed walking back, and forth in that burning caldron. Wicked will be dust.

The reason that few be there that find the right way is because of humans like Cranky Old Man that never tell them what the right way is only dwelling on Kill, kill, kill, and death,death, death, and why Cranky Old Man thinks there should be death, and fire, and burning because those things are on the mind of the giver of them Satan. Cranky old Man, repent.

Cranky Old Man 07-31-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artiewhitefox (Post 779796)
Cranky Old Man If Jesus was for killing humans he would have done so when on earth, but he did not,and in fact healed humans, and raised the dead, so there.

Instead of making up things about Jesus, just go to His source. Read His Holy Bible. All of it, not just the fluffy parts you happen to agree with.

Matthew 13:41-42 "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Johny Joe Hold 08-01-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 779821)
Instead of making up things about Jesus, just go to His source. Read His Holy Bible. All of it, not just the fluffy parts you happen to agree with.

Matthew 13:41-42 "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Thank you, Cranky, for setting this Bible newbe straight. Maybe if he hangs around here for a while he will start to understand the Bible.

God loves Man kills 08-31-2012 08:32 PM

Re: Bible Study: Kill almost anyone you want and still go to Heaven!

Matthew 5:21(KJV)

21.Ye have heard that was said by them of old times, Thou shalt not kill; and who so ever shall kill shall be in danger of the Judgment.

Exdous 20:13 (KJV)

Thou shall not kill

Rev. M. Rodimer 08-31-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God loves Man kills (Post 925123)
Matthew 5:21(KJV)

21.Ye have heard that was said by them of old times, Thou shalt not kill; and who so ever shall kill shall be in danger of the Judgment.

Exdous 20:13 (KJV)

Thou shall not kill

Please read the thread and not just the title before responding.

Thank you.

PaterMicheal 09-06-2012 04:46 PM

Are you just justifying the mass murdering in the crusades?
do you really think that god, (god is translated to "love") and jesus, his forgiving, loving son are approving of slaying down like demons that came up to the world to let their desires of hate out on others, just because they didn't know that we believe in the true religion?
I expected from my fellow brothers that you would understand that the love of jesus is not supposed to ascend you to a fool, you got this bless to share it with others! you shouldn't kill, you should love others, NO MATTER WHAT!