The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why Aren't Dinosaurs in the Bible? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=31812)

FortyTwo 11-24-2009 10:43 PM

Why Aren't Dinosaurs in the Bible?

Why aren't Dinosaurs in the bible?

I've been told by a member on this forum that dinosaurs existed in Eden; but I can't find the scripture to back this up.

Could it be that Dinosaurs never existed.

I don't remember reading Noah walking Dinosaurs into his Ark.

Or were Dinosaurs too insignificant to the life of humans and God to include in the bible.

-FortyTwo

Mrs. Mary Whitford 11-24-2009 10:50 PM

Re: Why Aren't Dinosaurs in the Bible?

Leviathan.
Behemoth.

Try doing a little searching before asking stupid questions, God-mocker.

Ezekiel Bathfire 11-24-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FortyTwo (Post 424055)

There are a myriad of creatures not mentioned. Animals, etc were given to us so we could have dominion over them and do what we want with them.

You do not see mention of Rabbits, gophers (except gopher-wood) kangaroos or ai-ais in the Bible, do you assume they do not exist. The Bible is the Manual of Salvation™ not the National Geographic!

Quote:

I've been told by a member on this forum that dinosaurs existed in Eden; but I can't find the scripture to back this up.
...and? Your point is bearing in mind what I and Sister M&M have written - or perhaps you did not bother reading that?:angry:

Quote:

Could it be that Dinosaurs never existed.
Who are you? Some half-educated zoo-keeper? What's this with dinosaurs?

Quote:

I don't remember reading Noah walking Dinosaurs into his Ark.
But you do remember Wombats?
Quote:

Or were Dinosaurs too insignificant to the life of humans and God to include in the bible.
Do you read anything I have written here?

(Dear Lord, the phrase I seek is "Pearls before swine.")

Rev. Jim Osborne 11-24-2009 10:53 PM

Dinosaurs are in the Bible. They are referred to as "dragons". Obviously the 1611 King James Version wouldn't use the word "dinosaur" when that word wasn't coined until the mid 19th century.

Isaiah 13:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 11-24-2009 10:57 PM

Dragons in the Bible. Discussion of Dragons.

Leviathan in the Bible. Discussion of Leviathan.

Behemoth in the Bible. Discussion of Behemoth.

Pastor Ezekiel 11-24-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FortyTwo (Post 424055)

-FortyTwo

I believe that you have been "pwned" in modern parlance. :taunt:

You owe Jesus an apology, heathen. :threaten:

FortyTwo 11-25-2009 07:55 AM

Dinosaurs no longer existed 6,000 years ago.

6,000 years ago nobody was aware they ever existed.

Furthermore; I believe references to Dragons was made to Satan (in the form of a Serpent).

Stop lying to yourself; admit the many many inconsistencies that you've surely noticed within the bible and stop covering it up and denying its fallacies.

FortyTwo

Talitha 11-25-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FortyTwo (Post 424182)

Furthermore; I believe references to Dragons was made to Satan (in the form of a Serpent).

Stop lying to yourself; admit the many many inconsistencies that you've surely noticed within the bible and stop covering it up and denying its fallacies.

FortyTwo

It was you who asked the question about Dinosaurs.

Now, you stop lying to yourself and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
If 42 is your age, you may not be eligible for a free Playstation, but you would most certainly gain a Eternal Salvation. (Terms & Conditions apply). :)

Lost Sheep McUinnean 11-25-2009 12:26 PM

Is the existence of dinosaurs actually relevant to the salvation of one's soul?

Genuine question from a repentant lost sheep here.
Clarification humbly appreciated.

Pastor Isaac Peters 11-25-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

How do you know? Were you there?

Quote:

Feel free to give examples of these alleged inconsistencies and fallacies, so that we may explain to you what they actually mean.

Lola Handcock 11-25-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean (Post 424213)

No , accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior,wash your self in his blood.Give your soul,your life and all your possessions to the Lord. Live your life in accordance with the KJV1611 Bible.Become Saved ,these simple rules are the road to salvation.

Lost Sheep McUinnean 11-25-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Sledge (Post 424236)
No , accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior,wash your self in his blood.Give your soul,your life and all your possessions to the Lord. Live your life in accordance with the KJV1611 Bible.Become Saved ,these simple rules are the road to salvation.

Thank you sister. That is the train of thought that made me post the question. May the road rise with you and the Lord continue to be at your back helping you along, allowing you to give sage advice to more truth-seekers like myself.

God Bless you and your offspring. Dinosaurs are indeed irrelevant to Salvation.:jesus:

Aristotle 11-29-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

FortyTwo

Don't believe what they taught you in Publick school. The earth is only 6000 years old, as Bishop Usher showed from biblical genealogies. Furthermore, dinosaurs and humans walked together. According to the Institute for Biblical and Scientific Studies:

Roland T. Bird in a 1939 article in Natural History (43:5.254-61) mentioned giant carved human footprints from Glen Rose, Texas. Clifford Burdick refusing to believe the prints were carved, searched and located the prints in 1945. In 1961 pictures of these tracks appeared in The Genesis Flood. In 1970 Stanley Taylor with a film crew dammed up the Paluxy River to produce the film Footprints in Stone which claimed dinosaur and human footprints are found together.

Pastor Ezekiel 11-30-2009 08:59 AM

I've had this photograph in my family for generations. My great-great grandfather, Chaplain Ecclesiastes Flint, took it while on patrol during the war against the North. I think it speaks for itself.

WilliamJenningsBryan 11-30-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean (Post 424213)

To the extent that the Bible (KJV1611) is the unerring word of God, creator of the universe, and true for all time it is.

Aristotle 11-30-2009 05:13 PM

Please send to the Discovery Institute

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 425761)
I've had this photograph in my family for generations. My great-great grandfather, Chaplain Ecclesiastes Flint, took it while on patrol during the war against the North. I think it speaks for itself.

Amen, Brother, what a great photo! :)

If you send it to the Discovery Institute here in Seattle, all the Fundamentalist websites will post it the next day.

Great Jesus! What a way to put those evilutionists in their place.

Virgin93 11-30-2009 06:29 PM

Re: Please send to the Discovery Institute

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aristotle (Post 425839)
Amen, Brother, what a great photo! :)

If you send it to the Discovery Institute here in Seattle, all the Fundamentalist websites will post it the next day.

Great Jesus! What a way to put those evilutionists in their place.

Dear Sir, may I ask you what that is on the photo? I never have seen such a thing before.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Lost Sheep McUinnean 11-30-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virgin93 (Post 425849)
Dear Sir, may I ask you what that is on the photo? I never have seen such a thing before.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

It's a group of people and a dead Pteranodon. Technically not a dinosaur but a winged reptile that was designed to eat fish much like seagulls and gannets do today.

The original fossil was found in Germany I think.

Mistress Cookie 11-30-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 424065)
There are a myriad of creatures not mentioned. Animals, etc were given to us so we could have dominion over them and do what we want with them.

Also, "scientists" (who I am slow to trust, granted) can't even agree of how many species there are on Earth. According to the latest counts, "scientists" have described over 1.5 million species of animals, plants and algae. (Others say there are 10 million, yet we have only identified 2 million.)

Does the "original" poster have any idea how much longer the Bible would be if they had to list all those animals??

It is hard enough to get people to read The Book as it is. God did not want to turn off even more people by dumping a book the size of 10 encyclopedia sets on them.

Virgin93 11-30-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean (Post 425870)
It's a group of people and a dead Pteranodon. Technically not a dinosaur but a winged reptile that was designed to eat fish much like seagulls and gannets do today.

The original fossil was found in Germany I think.

Thank you for the explanation that even a girl could understand, Sir