The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52617)

GOD=life 12-22-2010 12:27 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659437)
not allowing them to play on a simple video game, perhaps that has something to do with the murders and shootings?

FACT: there was no gang violence, drug problem, school shootings or interracial marriage before video games. That all came after.

Just because you fail to see the link does not mean that honest hard-working Christians should suffer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659437)
When finished I will be looking to earn over £25,000, roughly calculated as about $35,000 dollars per year.

Just because you earn below-average wage does not entitle you to some moral high ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659437)
You are all blaming all the young people

No, we're blaming the parents. And once the young people start acting out their routines with real guns, then there's no use in blaming them anymore because they will have shot themselves in the process.

How about we take action BEFORE the youngsters turn into gamegoloid zombies? You don't even have to be Christian to get that......

GOD=life 12-22-2010 12:30 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe-XL (Post 659439)
How can you even call me insane when you've never even met me?

On the same basis that I can call people who shoot themselves in the head dead even though I've never met them. Sure, one in a million people survive, but they are the exception, not the rule.

Jedediah 12-22-2010 12:30 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyromcr (Post 659441)
I just said that I believe there is no god, so is this supposed to scare me?

Then you are a fool.

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.


While I will be spending eternity at the bosom of Jesus and worshipping Him and receiving my Heavenly reward for obeying His instructions, you will be suffering unfathomable torments in the lake of fire. I can't wait to laugh at you while you burn in hell, wicked little man!

Liberational 12-22-2010 12:33 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life (Post 659443)
Just because you earn below-average wage does not entitle you to some moral high ground.

Well as far as I was convinced god was made in mans image, everyone is equal and we are all part of his plan. Are you trying to say that you're better than me and that god apparently values your opinion more?

And of course there was shootings before video games. Which came first, War or Pong?

There's always been all of the things you are describing.

Cranky Old Man 12-22-2010 12:34 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659450)
Well as far as I was convinced god was made in mans image, everyone is equal and we are all part of his plan. Are you trying to say that you're better than me and that god apparently values your opinion more? And of course there was shootings before video games. Which came first, War or Pong? There's always been all of the things you are describing.

So, according to your reasoning, because there has always been crime, murder and rape we should stop worrying about it? :wacko:

BlackGayMuslim2 12-22-2010 12:35 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 659414)
Can you show us where in the Bible that we are wrong? How are we bad Christians?

And before you say "Because you are hateful and judgmental" or some other nonsense, please show us book/chapter/verse to back up your insipid claims.

Does this forum have logics, or is it ONLY religion that counts?
Because if logics does not apply, i'm not even gonna try.
See, LOGICALLY when you PRAISE Jesus, you thank him for all he has done, but all right, i will back up my claim:

Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

That is directly from the bible. That is what christianity is about. Forgiveness.
You can damn my soul all the way to hell, and probably STILL not realize that what i am saying is a truth.

Instead of beginning to judge us, do what a real, believing, faithfull christian would do, and pray for our souls. If you really believe we are wrong, pray that we are forgiven by the God almighty, and pray that we will not suffer, because that is what christianity is about. Suffering, and not power to control people.

As the bible tells us:
Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Is this not true? Is this just something i come up with? I tell you now, it is not. Why not listen to it, you are the wise person here, so why pick the parts of the bible that is focused on hate and damnation, instead of focusing on the parts of the bible that is concerned about love and forgiveness?!

Rebuko the Clown 12-22-2010 12:35 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard65535 (Post 659427)
Well, let's see here. This is a list of what I've seen in this thread:

-Racism
-Ignorance
-Unforgiveness
-Blasphemy
-Outright lies

I agree. You gamers are a very rowdy, rude, and evil group.

Quote:

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
Was God actually merciful in the Old Testament? It was my understanding that He just killed everyone that didn't obey Him. Was I incorrect in that belief?
1) If Adam was created through dust, and Eve through his rib, why would a naval be necessary?
2) He was merciful to Noah, who was the only righteous man on Earth. The rest he drowned and sent straight to Hell. So, yes.

The "Gay" Medic 12-22-2010 12:36 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Get behind me, Christians!

Didymus Much 12-22-2010 12:36 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe-XL (Post 659439)
How can you even call me insane when you've never even met me?

It's easy, just watch: YOU'RE INSANE.

Now, why are you upset when someone who has never met you calls you insane? Why do you value their judgement so? Why are you that insecure?

Someone who doesn't have the emotional maturity to brush off "insults" from someone on the INTERNET they've never met shouldn't be playing TF2, imo.

Cranky Old Man 12-22-2010 12:37 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
The Bible also says:

Leviticus 19:15 "In righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour."


John 7:24 "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

2nd Timothy 4:1-2 "I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine."

Heavy Weapons Guy 12-22-2010 12:37 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life (Post 659443)
FACT: there was no gang violence, drug problem, school shootings or interracial marriage before video games. That all came after.

This is all too true, God Equal to Living. After Tetris, many troubled youth would destroy innocent blocks by lining them up horizontally. These were dark days indeed. I made sure God would forgive them by hitting them with cross that Jesus died on, after going to Israel and finding original Jesus-death-cross, of course.

If we do not stop such madness of computing games like the Teaming Forters, then we may have leetle children being violently homosexual (or homosexually violent), and world would be worse place for good upstanding men like me and San D'vich.

Joe-XXXXXL 12-22-2010 12:40 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 659457)
It's easy, just watch: YOU'RE INSANE.

Now, why are you upset when someone who has never met you calls you insane? Why do you value their judgement so? Why are you that insecure?

Someone who doesn't have the emotional maturity to brush off "insults" from someone on the INTERNET they've never met shouldn't be playing TF2, imo.

When did i say i was upset?

GOD=life 12-22-2010 12:40 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659450)
Are you trying to say that you're better than me and that god apparently values your opinion more?

It's not about being better than another person, it's about living up to God's wishes for us. Do you value God's opinion? No. Why should God value yours? Why should I?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659450)
And of course there was shootings before video games. Which came first, War or Pong?

Not school shootings.

Professor Tyeisha X 12-22-2010 12:41 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackGayMuslim2 (Post 659454)
Is this not true? Is this just something i come up with? I tell you now, it is not. Why not listen to it, you are the wise person here, so why pick the parts of the bible that is focused on hate and damnation, instead of focusing on the parts of the bible that is concerned about love and forgiveness?!

But, it cuts both ways. The Bible is a schizophrenic collection of contradictory nonsense. It says in one passage that God approves of killing innocent men, women, and children then in the next it says to love and forgive. So why do you focus on the lovey-dovey happy parts and ignore the parts where it says to kill homosexuals?

How can you judge others for picking and choosing from the Bible when you are doing that yourself? Oh, that sounds suspiciously like Matthew 7:1-5! :lol: <---racist smiley, should be brown-skinned

But hey, I'm a proud atheist and from my point of view, you pick-and-choose "positive" Christians are even more idiotic than the fundamentalists.

Jedediah 12-22-2010 12:41 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659450)
Well as far as I was convinced god was made in mans image, everyone is equal and we are all part of his plan. Are you trying to say that you're better than me and that god apparently values your opinion more?

Can you back any of your vain assertions up with Scripture?

As True Christians™, we are perfect in the eyes of the LORD. You, on the other hand, are wanton unsaved trash, wallowing in sin and perversion. So yes, unless you also become washed in His Blood, we are better than you.

I Corinthians 5:11
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Liberational 12-22-2010 12:44 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 659453)
So, according to your reasoning, because there has always been crime, murder and rape we should stop worrying about it? :wacko:

I am certainly not saying that, in-fact it makes me very proud that people like you still care about these things, what I am trying to say is that there are much bigger problems that people should be tackling. I actually commend that you can be civil in a post without having to call me a "gamealoid" or some kind of freak for playing a game, something which is my choice, what I am just trying to say is that there are bigger problems in the world that need tackling one at a time, and you seem to have a problem with this when much worse games are being produced, I honestly believe that this game is not supposed to be offensive.

I am merely trying to state that these things were still around and always have been, and too be quite honest they are inevitable, they can be controlled and reduced certainly but will always happen, a perfect society is something which is impossible. I just believe that tackling a silly little video game is not the way to be doing this, there are more productive ways to spend your time such as donating money to charity, helping the poor, sitting down with children and actually talking to them about these things rather than all these posts which could have essentially been avoided and this "Christian vs Gamer" war which has been created.

Honestly I don't think I'm being unreasonable, and the way I am talking to you all is quite civilised, I hope I can be granted the same respect in return.

scientificspiritual 12-22-2010 12:46 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
I had a nice long post describing the background of the game and each of the characters as a logical and well thought out counter point the the things being said in this thread. Then your forum went screwy on me and it was never posted.

Anyway, My name is Steven. I'm a 21 year old college student in my junior year of my bachelors in biology at a small school in middle Georgia. I was born in deep south Georgia and raised by good baptist people and for 20 years I was a baptist as well. Recently I have been disillusioned with Religion in general, not just Christianity. I find that all religions are nothing more than a reason to fight and argue. Currently I believe in God. He is your God he is the Muslim God, the Jewish God etc. I believe that he created us and everything else in this vast universe both known and unknown. I believe that he has given you life and you should both put that life to work as a tool for truth and goodness but you should also enjoy your life. Living balanced is the key.

Now that you know about me here is my counterpoint: This game was created as a means of entertainment. None of it should be taken seriously. As was said in an earlier post the characters are satires of stereotypes of the time period. None of them are gay. None are anti-God or anti- American. The image of the Soldier and the Demoman shown on the first page is an exhibition of their friendship not a homosexual relationship. If you think it is gay I ask you. Have you never hugged a person of the same sex as you? The statements made by the Heavy in reference to the medic are an expression of thanks for saving him and imploring the medic to stay behind him so that he can protect the medic from the incoming fire.

I'm not saying that any of you are bad Christians as that is not my place to say but judging things that you do not know about or asking God to send a man to hell instead of asking God to help him see the correct path does not seem like what the Jesus I knew as a child and young man would have wanted.

Thank you for your time
Sincerely,
Steven M.

User Name: 12-22-2010 12:47 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
I don't see nothing wrong with the game...
Seriously.

Even in the Bible they kill they own brothers.

Unless you think personality disorders and friendship is wrong. You can't help it. Heck nobody can help!

There's a gangster-like, fast-running, fast-talking, hyperactive guy who is desperate for attention. He is called "The Scout". He's a Intransigent Narcissist.

There's the Soldier you talk about. He was a friend with the Demoman (The black person) but the Announcer (A female character that hates everyone and everything kinda reminding of you guys) tricked him into hating the Demoman later. The Soldier also thinks that the only way to succeed is by killing. He is simply insane. He fought in World War II until 1949, he didn't even know it ended and he was still killing Nazis.

The Pyro is also simply insane... Nobody knows if it's a he or she, the game company makes jokes about it. They gave the character women hats and moustaches it can wear... And also: the Pyro loves to burn people.

The Demoman is drunk nearly all the time. He is also depressed because he is a black, scottish cyclops. He was a friend of the Soldier and they went to see football games (they are watching one in the picture) fishing, they went to museum's.

The Heavy (Big guy) is a very calm person. Until someone makes him angry. He plays poker with his friends and loves sandwiches, chocolate and steaks. He also loves guns. He loves guns. He names his guns to names like "Sasha" and talks to them. He is sick in the head and he's probably an atheist because he comes from communist Russia.

The Engineer is a perfectionist, but he is calm and plays guitar while the machines he builds kills his enemies. He is smart and probably christian because he is a texan from the fifties.

The Medic (doctor) actually doesn't really like healing other people. He prefers killing but he knows he shouldn't. He's married and sticks to the big guy because he can absorb the most damage. He is not homosexual. In-fact the only two characters that could possibly be homosexual are 1) The Pyro, why? Because nothing is known about it really... 2) The Demoman, why? He is drunk and could without knowing it have homosexual tendencies.

The Sniper is probably schizofrenic. One second he is a nice guy and talks alot. The other second he mutters to himself and sounds like a stereotypical rapist. He also enjoys throwing jars fulls of urine at people.

The Spy (the guy in the mask) is simply trying to stay anonymous, but he also shows signs of schizofrenia. He is also smoking, is he a bad boy?


Lastly, this game is not war-game.
It's a war-based hat simulator.
You collect hats, dye them different colors, trade them. The war parts are only there to give this game some meaning.

Sometimes alot of players gather on one point and eat sandwiches. No killing, really.

Sometimes they drink enery drinks.

Sometimes they walk around like crabs!

This game is not just a killing-game, this is a game that combines the best things you never do in life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 659399)
Rhetorical question: How many more school shootings and senseless murders will take place before you idiot gamers finally wake up and realize how dangerous your FORTRESS TEAM 2 game is? How many?

I can't believe Nintendo games like this are allowed to be sold on the market. It's disgusting what our country has turned into.

Not rethorical...

When a kid shows up in school and shoots a bunch of people and then shoot theirselves then the kid was messed up to begin with. The parents blame the games because they refuse to blame themselves.

Senseless murders... The Jews killed Jesus I wonder what videogame there were playing?

Also: Nintendo didn't make this, this game isn't playable on any Nintendo.

Gabe Newell is an awesome person. Valve is an awesome company. Want to know what company is evil?
Infinity Ward.

Look them up.


Chrisian Brutal Sniper is a fan-made film. The person who makes it is to get blamed. And the guy killing the others is christian.


This game is multinational. Soldier loves the USA for example.


The most homosexual thing I saw in this game were pink hair with a floating heart around them. The thing is, the hair can be paintable in different colors, the player decided to make it pink. The heart is a random effect that certain "hats" have.



Also: You people make me want to convert to an another religion. Seriously, I hate myself for being human because Hitler was human. And now I will hate myself for being christian because of you. Thanks alot you bunch of FAGGOTS


TL;DR
Go die in a fire.

GOD=life 12-22-2010 12:48 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659472)
what I am trying to say is that there are much bigger problems that people should be tackling.

Tell that to the parents whose little son or daughter were murdered in a school shooting. EVERY CHILD COUNTS!

Is the joy you get out of simulating the ritual murder of other people really worth the lives of innocent children? What did innocent children ever do to you? What specifically offends you about them???

Heavy Weapons Guy 12-22-2010 12:51 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scientificspiritual (Post 659473)
If you think it is gay I ask you. Have you never hugged a person of the same sex as you?

The only man I have ever hugged is God. All other men who try to do such things are sent to their death in depths of hell.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2016 all rights reserved