The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Christians, please remember to pronounce Christmas correctly! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=95167)

Bjorn Jensen 12-14-2013 10:36 PM

Christians, please remember to pronounce Christmas correctly!

I am very offended by how many people pronounce Christmas as "Chrismas", as if we has a mass for some homer named Chris. We do call ourselves for Christians, not "Chrisians" so then why say "Chrismas"? :angry:

I suggest that all True Christians™ should pronounce Christmas as Christmas. I mean, do you really want to offend Jesus on His own birthday by not pronouncing the t in His name correctly? Such things could have dire consequences!

Johny Joe Hold 12-14-2013 11:32 PM

Re: Christians, please remember to pronounce Christmas correctly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Viking (Post 1048272)
I am very offended by how many people pronounce Christmas as "Chrismas", as if we has a mass for some homer named Chris. We do call ourselves for Christians, not "Chrisians" so then why say "Chrismas"? :angry:

I suggest that all True Christians™ should pronounce Christmas as Christmas. I mean, do you really want to offend Jesus on His own birthday by not pronouncing the t in His name correctly? Such things could have dire consequences!

God Bless you, Ex, for pointing this out. I'm warning everyone I see about the consequences of not pronouncing Christmas properly.

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 12-15-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Amen, Brother!

Words are very powerful and should be pronounced with care at all times, so we are not misunderstood by others.

So many mush-mouthed fools speak like they have a mouth full of sin these days. :(

Basilissa 12-16-2013 04:08 AM

I wonder, should we pronounce "Christmas" like in "Christian" (\ˈkris-chən, ˈkrish-\) or "Christ-mas" like in "Christ" (\ˈkrīst-məs\)?

That is so confusing, because we mispronounce our Sweet Lord's Holy Name each time we say "Christian!" :fear2:

Christian_soldier 12-22-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

God idea! :thumbsup:

I would like to propose /kraist' mʌs/ over /krist' mʌs/ as it preserves the :christ-fancy: sound