The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Easter is About Jesus - Period! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   showing Passion of the Christ for my 5 year old nephew (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=88739)

Bjorn Jensen 03-27-2013 07:00 PM

showing Passion of the Christ for my 5 year old nephew

My atheist scum brother asked me to take care of his 5 year old son over Easter. At first i said no, since i normally do not let atheists into my house. But then i thought about it a little bit, and came up with an excellent idea. During good friday, i will show him God's own favourite move, Passion of the Christ (unrated, uncut version) on my LG 55" Class LED-LCD 1080p. After watching that movie, how will this little atheist kid be able to deny that Jesus DIED for our sins? How will he be able to deny that God exists? Of course, my brother does not know what i have in store for his son, he thinks that i am going to show his son some silly easterbunny cartoon, but instead i will show him the REAL message of Easter, that Jesus exists and temporarily died for our sins.

Any ideas what to do if he can't handle watching Jesus' suffering?

Sammy The Penitent 03-27-2013 07:21 PM

Re: showing Passion of the Christ for my 5 year old nephew

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Viking (Post 990090)
My atheist scum brother asked me to take care of his 5 year old son over Easter. At first i said no, since i normally do not let atheists into my house. But then i thought about it a little bit, and came up with an excellent idea. During good friday, i will show him God's own favourite move, Passion of the Christ (unrated, uncut version) on my LG 55" Class LED-LCD 1080p. After watching that movie, how will this little atheist kid be able to deny that Jesus DIED for our sins? How will he be able to deny that God exists? Of course, my brother does not know what i have in store for his son, he thinks that i am going to show his son some silly easterbunny cartoon, but instead i will show him the REAL message of Easter, that Jesus exists and temporarily died for our sins.

This may be a place to start. You may want to keep an extra roll on hand in case the screaming starts.

YIC

Dr. Isaiah Jones 03-27-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Viking (Post 990090)

As we all know, the key to good upbringing is the rod. Give the kid a few beatings and he will be able to handle just about anything. Just make sure that he doesn't tell his parents about it since sickular society generally doesn't approve of True Christian™ disciplinary methots.
Proverbs 23:13*Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

Mary Etheldreda 03-27-2013 07:40 PM

When disciplining children, it's important to establish your authority right away. There's no need to count to three, or give warnings. At the first sign of disobedience (running away from the movie, complaining, or even refusing to look aptly), apply a strict, physical reminder of your authority. Open hands leave less marks than wooden spoons or pvc pipes, for example, reducing your need to have to explain things for an atheist to understand. I would also encourage you to comment throughout the movie, to make this relevant to him. Remind him of the time he did something that made his father upset, and let him know one of those whips on our LORD's back was because of that. Ask him which of sins he thinks are responsible for some of the other painful torture Jesus suffered that he is watching.

Enjoy!