The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52617)

GOD=life 12-22-2010 01:40 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659564)
"“It is God's will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of fools... Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking the rules. Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.” 1 Peter 2:13-17"

That's not written in the Bible. This is:

13 bSubmit yourselves to every ordinance of man cfor the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as bdsupreme; 14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him efor the punishment of evildoers, and ffor the praise of them that do well. 15 For so is gthe will of God, that hwith well doing ye may iput to silence the ignorance of foolish men: 16 kAs free, and not * using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as lthe servants of God. 17 * mHonour all men. Love nthe brotherhood. oFear God. opHonour the king.

Vekter 12-22-2010 01:41 AM

I think that there's a lot of confusion on the part of the poster of this thread, so I thought I'd come by and see what I can answer for the parents in this thread.

The first thing you must understand is that Team Fortress 2 is a multi-player game. This means that it is specifically designed to allow players to compete and communicate with others. Naturally, many people on the internet are very uncouth and use improper language. As such, TF2 might have come across as being about as having many negative qualities that it just doesn't have. Solving this problem is simple, as there is an option to disable voice communication in-game, found under Options -> Voice -> Enable Voice Communication.

While I would not personally recommend this game to children (as it is rated M for mature), I think that many things have been taken out of context in this thread. For instance, this image:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7...rbffs2046p.jpg

To be perfectly honest, I can't tell if BaseballMom is serious regarding this image, but it should be noted that friendship is not the same as homosexuality, and to state that this image is homosexual in any way is taking it far out of context.

I'll be on here for a little while longer if any of the parents here have any questions about the game and whether or not it is appropriate.

Billy Bob Jenkins 12-22-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith. (Post 659536)
don't judge Hitler.

Typical atheist, defending Adolf Hitler. Atheists are all Nazis. I can't wait to watch you all burn in Hell. :lol:

Billy Bob Jenkins 12-22-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vekter (Post 659573)
I think that there's a lot of confusion on the part of the poster of this thread, so I thought I'd come by and see what I can answer for the parents in this thread.

The first thing you must understand is that Team Fortress 2 is a multi-player game. This means that it is specifically designed to allow players to compete and communicate with others. Naturally, many people on the internet are very uncouth and use improper language. As such, TF2 might have come across as being about as having many negative qualities that it just doesn't have. Solving this problem is simple, as there is an option to disable voice communication in-game, found under Options -> Voice -> Enable Voice Communication.

While I would not personally recommend this game to children (as it is rated M for mature), I think that many things have been taken out of context in this thread. For instance, this image:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7...rbffs2046p.jpg

To be perfectly honest, I can't tell if BaseballMom is serious regarding this image, but it should be noted that friendship is not the same as homosexuality, and to state that this image is homosexual in any way is taking it far out of context.

I'll be on here for a little while longer if any of the parents here have any questions about the game and whether or not it is appropriate.

Why are you encouraging children to engage in homosexual behavior? Are you a pedophile?

JoeBlow 12-22-2010 01:43 AM

TO ALL READING THIS FORUM!

Baseballmom i couldn't help but notice some issues with your post. First of all, the only way you would notice the doctor's sayings to be homosexual in nature is if your mind was already corrupted. An innocent audience would not see the double entendre in the other character's speech regarding the doctor.

Posing in a threatening way has existed since the fall of man going back as early as Cain and is prevalent in many masculine figures both inside Christianity and outside of it. The Old testament has been accused on numerous occasions as representing a very violent time in history.

Rather than preventing your son from playing this video game you ought to teach him Biblical principals so that he will not want to play such a game. By banning video games of a similar nature it is equivalent to when your car is running low on gas and you see the indicator light blink on, instead of going to get gas you smash the indicator light out. In this way you are ignoring the real problem by banning the game. Banning the game does not solve the problem it just provides a temporary solution.

If your son is not able to discern the violent and ungodly nature of TF2 then forbidding it will not do anything he will go on to find other activities, social groups, and video games that are similar. This may be part of the reason your son continues to get into fights. The problem is not in the game itself but is merely a reflection of your son's spiritual maturity.

Smith. 12-22-2010 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 659538)
You are a sick, disgusting racist, you know that? I think the world needs to see how intolerant and cruel you atheists are. I guess him systematically murdering several hundred Jews is your definition of a "good guy", huh?

Actually, let me correct you. Several hundred thousands Jews.

And no I don't think his a good guy. He could've have good intention. And I don't think he ever directly gave an order to "kill the jews".

One more thing. Stop calling my an atheist, because I'm not.

The_Pyro 12-22-2010 01:47 AM

Ahem. Hrrdrr hrrddrr hudda hudda hudda rrr mmmrrr hurrr mrrr hrr hurr mmm ffhrr nrrr. yrr rrlrz thrt yrr brrn hrr hrr hudda hrr hurr mrr mm mrrr hurr murr hrrn nrr. Hudda rrr mmmrrr, rr fmmm mffrr mff rrr hurrdrr mrrr frr mmrrr hrr mrr, hrrr, mrrsrr, Rrrn, Hudda, rff mrrr rrn nrrvrr. Hrr drr drr mfff mffrvrrn; HRRR NRRR MRRR FRRNRR!!!
R'm nrrt rr, brr drrnt rr thrmnk rrr brrn trr srrdrr? Hrrduh rrf, hudda hurra hrrr. mrr nrrts rr crrld rrrt nrr, R lrrk rrnd sm mrr bfrr R psst.

Billy Bob Jenkins 12-22-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith. (Post 659584)

And no I don't think his a good guy. He could've have good intention. And I don't think he ever directly gave an order to "kill the jews".

One more thing. Stop calling my an atheist, because I'm not.

You must be an atheist, because you love Hitler. If you believed in God you would respect human life.

GOD=life 12-22-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Stop calling my an atheist, because I'm not.

You're not a Christian. So what are you? A muslim? Hindu? Zulu?

Billy Bob Jenkins 12-22-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Pyro (Post 659587)
Ahem. Hrrdrr hrrddrr hudda hudda hudda rrr mmmrrr hurrr mrrr hrr hurr mmm ffhrr nrrr. yrr rrlrz thrt yrr brrn hrr hrr hudda hrr hurr mrr mm mrrr hurr murr hrrn nrr. Hudda rrr mmmrrr, rr fmmm mffrr mff rrr hurrdrr mrrr frr mmrrr hrr mrr, hrrr, mrrsrr, Rrrn, Hudda, rff mrrr rrn nrrvrr. Hrr drr drr mfff mffrvrrn; HRRR NRRR MRRR FRRNRR!!!
R'm nrrt rr, brr drrnt rr thrmnk rrr brrn trr srrdrr? Hrrduh rrf, hudda hurra hrrr. mrr nrrts rr crrld rrrt nrr, R lrrk rrnd sm mrr bfrr R psst.

This is what happens to you when you play video games.

Professor Tyeisha X 12-22-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Actually, let me correct you. Six million Jews.

I'm tired of you racist people and your holocaust denial games!

Mega Jenkins 12-22-2010 01:50 AM

Considering I recieved an ifaction for this comment I'm curious as to how it is considered racist. The only thing I could think of is when I mocked the imbecile that considered one of the characters gay by just being German someone mistook it as my opinion despite the word "your"

Hmm... This topic seems a little overexagerated. The same is very violent, and has some profanity. This isn't enough to make any sane child or teenager start on a murder spree. People making that arguement are focusing on that weakminded sociopath that was probably abused or driven crazy by their parents. As far as homosexuality goes... this game has none unless you consider being German "gay". The game doesn't focus on America but it definitely doesn't slander it. In my opinion the game your children shouldn't be playing it (merely because of the violence), but the other reasons mentioned are poppycock.

On an unrelated note: First off.. I attend a certain Baptist church. I was reading the rules and noticed some pretty racist comments that seem to have been developed by closeminded arrogant people that shouldn't hide behind the label of a Christian and come out as racists. What happened to "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

Levi Jones 12-22-2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Spencer (Post 659554)
This group of elitists makes me disgusted to be even remotely related to Christianity. This is what happens when you have religion, shit happens and you have a bunch of idiots trying to be :innocent:.

I don't care if I'm going to hell. Hell, pretend I didn't exist. I'm going to do whatever the piffle I want, and I'm not going to hell because you say so.

How are you even "remotely" related to Christianity?

If you want to even test us in Christian scriptures, bring it son.

Smith. 12-22-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life (Post 659590)
You're not a Christian. So what are you? A muslim? Hindu? Zulu?

Does it matter?

Vekter 12-22-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 659579)
Why are you encouraging children to engage in homosexual behavior? Are you a pedophile?

... No. I am not a pedophile.

How anything I said could imply that is beyond me.

Levi Jones 12-22-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega Jenkins (Post 659594)
Considering I recieved an ifaction for this comment I'm curious as to how it is considered racist. The only thing I could think of is when I mocked the imbecile that considered one of the characters gay by just being German someone mistook it as my opinion despite the word "your"

Hmm... This topic seems a little overexagerated. The same is very violent, and has some profanity. This isn't enough to make any sane child or teenager start on a murder spree. People making that arguement are focusing on that weakminded sociopath that was probably abused or driven crazy by their parents. As far as homosexuality goes... this game has none unless you consider being German "gay". The game doesn't focus on America but it definitely doesn't slander it. In my opinion the game your children shouldn't be playing it (merely because of the violence), but the other reasons mentioned are poppycock.

On an unrelated note: First off.. I attend a certain Baptist church. I was reading the rules and noticed some pretty racist comments that seem to have been developed by closeminded arrogant people that shouldn't hide behind the label of a Christian and come out as racists. What happened to "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

I really can't stand racists like you. Let me guess, you have black friends. :(

Levi Jones 12-22-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith. (Post 659599)
Does it matter?

Not really. Maybe as a point of reference, but it doesn't really matter. No matter what, you would be hell bound.

Rev. Jim Osborne 12-22-2010 01:56 AM

If anything, these FORTRESS TEAM 2 Gamers are the REAL racists. There is only one negro in the game and apparently he blows stuff up, like all real-life negroes. He also has a 40 oz bottle with him, just like all real-life negroes. How racist and stereotypical can you get?

I advise all these unsaved gamers who dare call us racist to look in the mirror to see who the real racists are. And to read Matthew 7:1-5. The Lord doesn't look kindly on people like you.

Billy Bob Jenkins 12-22-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vekter (Post 659600)
... No. I am not a pedophile.

How anything I said could imply that is beyond me.

You were encouraging children to engage in homosexual behavior. Why would you have a vested interest in such a thing unless you were a pedophile?

Jedediah 12-22-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberational (Post 659564)
"“It is God's will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of fools... Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking the rules. Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.” 1 Peter 2:13-17"

Did you just make that up, son? That is not even remotely close to what the Bible says. Perhaps if you used a REAL Bible (the KJV 1611), you wouldn't be so sorely deluded.

I Peter 2:13-17
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Quote:

Treat everyone you meet with dignity, No-one who is trying to have a simple debate about this has been met with much dignity, we have been met with insults, horrific slander and general rudeness.

The key words is EVERYONE folks, no-matter what race, belief, age or gender.
Is that your personal, vain opinion? Because that is not what the verse you misquoted above says. Do you know what happens to people who distort God's Word, boy?

Revelation 22:18-19
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Quote:

I really don't wish to speak anymore to people as closed minded as yourself, I have posted 5-6 messages, each one telling me how I would like to kill children, calling me names, calling me Hitler, and so on and so forth, none of you know me and none of you will want to know me, God clearly states peace for all mankind, honor and love thy nieghbour, family, and god! and I have no idea what has happened, but you have all lost your way, I say this as a true christian, someone who can actually follow in his beliefs.

I have pity on you all. And I hope one day, god shows you how arrogant you have all been, and when that day comes, God, Jesus, myself and anyone else you have been disrespectful of, will forgive you. Because that's what real people and real faith is about.
You are not a True Christian™. You don't even use a real Bible! You are a false Christian, and your fate will be no different from the idolaters, fornicators, homosexuals, adulterers, backbiters, extortioners, atheists and the other unsaved trash who will be joining you in the lake of fire if you don't start taking your faith more seriously and get right with Jesus!

Try actually reading and obeying the Bible before lecturing us on what it means to be a True Christian™.