The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Perserverance of the Saints - Once Saved, Always Saved (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4683)

Pastor Billy-Reuben 09-26-2007 03:25 AM

Perserverance of the Saints - Once Saved, Always Saved

Despite what some heretical churches tell their gullible congregations, a Christian cannot lose his salvation. These "churches" use their false doctrines to keep their gullible members constantly dependent on worthless reassurances from their Matthew 7:15 preachers.

However, I have a little book called The Bible that tells me that this that saved man cannot lose his salvation. The Father has elected, the Son has redeemed, and the Holy Spirit has applied salvation, all those saved are eternally secure.

Here is the proof:
Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

John 10:28-29 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Yes, friends, once Jesus has bought you WITH HIS BLOOD, you can do no wrong. You could meet the Devil at the cross-roads and offer to trade your soul for a brand new Ford Taurus, then go out for a raging night of wild homosexual sex, armed robbery, murder, and Democrat party fundraisers, and when you wake up the next morning you will STILL be SAVED!

SHOUT GLORY! The BLOOD of JESUS washed ALL those SINS AWAY! PRAISE God!

However, the key phrase is "once Jesus has bought you with His blood". Being saved isn't thinking that you're saved. It isn't being TOLD that you're saved by some liberal-minded so-called minister who is more interested in telling you what you want to hear than in bringing you to Jesus.

In fact, Jesus could show up in person and tell you to your face that you are saved, even though you are not, and you would still go to Hell.

Why, you ask, would Jesus do a thing like that?

II Thessalonians 2
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

These verses tell us that God picks and chooses ahead of time (from the beginning) who is and who isn't saved, amen. He will cause people to believe lies, just so He can damn them to Hell. Praise!

How can you tell if you are saved? If you have absolutely no desire to do anything other than pray, worship Jesus, tell Jesus how great He is, tell others how great Jesus is, witness for Jesus, forcibly convert others to Christ, tithe, work for tithing money, sing hymns, and pump out little baby Christian Soldiers, then you are probably safe in assuming that you are saved.

So, being saved means that you can do whatever you want, but you only want to do what Jesus wants you to do. If you have any desire whatsoever to do anything that is not listed in the previous paragraph, then you aren't really saved.

Praise Jesus!

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Seeker 09-27-2007 03:13 AM

Re: Perserverance of the Saints - Once Saved, Always Saved

Quote:

How can you tell if you are saved? If you have absolutely no desire to do anything other than pray, worship Jesus, tell Jesus how great He is, tell others how great Jesus is, witness for Jesus, forcibly convert others to Christ, tithe, work for tithing money, sing hymns, and pump out little baby Christian Soldiers, then you are probably safe in assuming that you are saved.
Pastor how would you explain to someone that spent years doing these types of things and does not anymore? You think they are still saved by grace or not? TIA

Pastor Billy-Reuben 09-27-2007 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 97647)
Pastor how would you explain to someone that spent years doing these types of things and does not anymore? You think they are still saved by grace or not? TIA

The answer to that question is the same as the answer to the question of whether this person was really saved in the first place. Anyone whom God has saved is forever saved.

I've seen several cases of what appear to be "backslidden" Christians or "ex" Christians. There are two situations that cause this appearance. They look similar to us mortal men, but God knows the difference.

One case is that the person was never really saved to begin with. They were just going through the motions and trying to "fit in", but they were never convicted in their hearts. They knew how to "act" saved, but they didn't know how to "be" saved.

The other case is that God, for purposes of His greater glory, allows His servants to succumb to temptations of the flesh, only to be revived, as stronger witnesses with better testimony when they return. Praise God!

Landover Baptist has a Personal Testimony Improvement Center set up for exactly this purpose.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Every Knee 09-27-2007 03:50 AM

I thank Landover Baptist for the testimony improvement center - it was a real blessing. Before being signed up, my testimony really sucked - I was truly embarassed. Let me tell you, not any more. Again, highly recommended. :thumbsup:

Seeker - you'll know when your'e saved. Kind of like Princess Leia always knew she had the force.