The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pray that Oklahoma Chooses Not to Worship Satan (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=95833)

Pastor Ed Lowman 01-08-2014 06:24 AM

Pray that Oklahoma Chooses Not to Worship Satan

Thanks to the efforts of Jew York Satanists, Oklahoma is about to erect an altar for worship and praise to the prince of darkness--and this on the very same property as the Ten Commandments monument that was put up by good, Godly citizens in 2012.

Putting Ten Commandments on public property was what opened the door for this terrible thing, so we're told. But while the Satanists are trying to make a point - one that is wrong since this is a CHRISTIAN NATION! - they are also trying very hard to secure more worshipers of the devil in the Bible Belt.

Should they succeed, they will damn an entire state once they raise the rest of the $20,000 necessary to build the idol.

Quote:

Group unveils plans for Satan statue at Okla. Capitol

OKLAHOMA CITY - A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard that's often used as a symbol of the occult. In the rendering, Satan is sitting in a pentagram-adorned throne with smiling children next to him.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

The Satanic Temple maintains that the Oklahoma Legislature's decision to authorize a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol opened the door for its statue. The Ten Commandments monument was placed on the north steps of the building in 2012, and the Oklahoma chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has sued to have it removed.

Read full article...
Please pray that what few Godly legislators remain in the state will be moved by the Holy Spirit to stand up for Jesus and righteousness before it is too late.

Pastor Ed

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 01-08-2014 06:59 AM

Re: Pray that Oklahoma Chooses Not to Worship Satan

I just don't get Satanists. They must know Satan is inferior to God and will be cast into the Lake of Fire along with all sinners and other fallen angels (demons). It just makes no sense.

Now, erecting a monument to the father of sin is just a hateful pile of steaming feces in the beautiful face of Baby Jesus. Oklahomers know full well the wrath of God from all the powerful tornadoes he has let loose there. If I were them, I would not provoke God any further. :fear2:

Can you say EF∞? :lol:

RighteousFury666 01-08-2014 10:23 AM

Would praying for them to change their minds not interfere with free will?

Zechariah Smyth 01-08-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RighteousFury666 (Post 1054137)
Would praying for them to change their minds not interfere with free will?

Praying for someone is not the same as brainwashing.

:wacko:

GivenToSin 01-08-2014 04:43 PM

The bible thumpers started this by setting up religious icons on public property. The satanists are just making a point. But come on! Do you really think a evil red goat guy with horns is all that big a deal? Why do you care who worships what? Why does your god care? Why does he need worship to begin with?
I swear nobody ever thinks around here.

Dr Laurence Niles 01-08-2014 06:26 PM

This is madness and unconstitutional, I shouldn't wonder.

America was founded on the notion of freedom of religion for Christians and this just spits on the Constitution, probably.

It just goes to show how atheists will stop at nothing to restrict the freedom of Christians to make religious choices.

YIC

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 01-08-2014 06:58 PM

Let's see what God has to say regarding your statements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GivenToSin (Post 1054185)
The bible thumpers started this by setting up religious icons on public property.

Quote:

Isaiah 12:4 (1611 King James Bible)

And in that day shall yee say; Praise the Lord, call vpon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
Quote:

The satanists are just making a point. But come on! Do you really think a evil red goat guy with horns is all that big a deal?

Quote:

Exodus 20:4 (1611 King James Bible)

Thou shalt not make vnto thee any grauen Image, or any likenesse of any thing that is in heauen aboue, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water vnder the earth.
Quote:

Why do you care who worships what? Why does your god care? Why does he need worship to begin with? I swear nobody ever thinks around here.

Quote:

Exodus 20:5 (1611 King James Bible)

Thou shalt not bow downe thy selfe to them, nor serue them: For I the Lord thy God am a iealous God, visiting the iniquitie of the fathers vpon the children, vnto the thirde and fourth generation of them that hate me:
Quote:

John 4:23 (1611 King James Bible)

But the houre commeth, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit, and in trueth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Imagine if your son began declaring unto others that his favorite toy was his father. Wouldn't you be jealous and angry?

God is the giver of all things, and it is only natural that he wants his due respect for this. Respect in the form of acknowledgement and obedience.

Quote:

2 Corinthians 5:18 (1611 King James Bible)

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled vs to himselfe by Iesus Christ, and hath giuen to vs the ministery of reconciliation,
Even though we are born full of sin, God gave Himself to Himself in bloody temporary sacrifice so that he could then tolerate us. Wouldn't you want recognition for such a loving act?

Do you see now that you are truly not thinking or caring about He who gave you so much? :(

Persecuted Craig 01-09-2014 12:02 AM

Does this persecution of the good Christian men and women of Oklahoma know no bounds? When will they be allowed to worship the One True God, who by the way cared enough to give us His Commandments, without being scorned and ridiculed by the non-God-fearing Okie minority?

Message to Satan's little helpers: God's people have suffered enough and you have no right or justifications that I can think of right now for being so...so...grouchy about this whole thing.

I feel so helpless and distraught knowing that Christians are being treated this way for simply giving praise to God. They know we're right, too, but these punks just won't stop.

I take solace knowing that my prayers will be heard and that He will reward those who suffer in the name of :jesus-fancy:!