The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   God Hates Cripples (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=42)

Redeemed Papist 04-02-2012 07:53 PM

Re: God Hates Cripples

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot of the U.S.A (Post 866896)
Dude, your an atheist, why are you taking these guys' side? Anyway, deformities are a reminder of the curse, it's not like God wanted them to be deformed, it's simply a result of the curse. It's not a punishment.

He's mocking you because he knows a fake when he sees one. We're the only type of Christians he respects because at least we don't lie about God to make ourselves feel better.

Patriot of the U.S.A 04-02-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 866879)
there were no "people" either, just Adam. As soon as there "were" people POOF the curse!

Well once you get going with a sentence like that the sky's the limit! "When he says he hates Esau, he does not mean he hated Esau.." could go on: He means that boiled quinces go well with clotted cream or He means that Vladimir Putin aspires to be president of Russia or He means that Esau is loved very much :wacko:

It is such a simple statement so I think you'd better 'fess up: what do you think "hate" means?

answer:
[..] The word HATE signifies . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Don't pick leave out some words of my post to suit your needs, I said: For example, when he says he hates Esau, he does not mean he hated Esau himself, rather, he meant he hated what Esau was doing.

I didn't just say when he says he hates Esau, he doesn't mean he hates Esau.

See the difference?

Redeemed Papist 04-02-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot of the U.S.A (Post 866899)
Don't pick leave out some words of my post to suit your needs, I said: For example, when he says he hates Esau, he does not mean he hated Esau himself, rather, he meant he hated what Esau was doing.

See the difference?

What you did was twisted words to mean something other than they said to twist things to your agenda of having God in the Bible be the same as God you imagine.

It's not going to work.

So does your fake god think children who strike their parents should be killed?

Didymus Much 04-02-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Dude, your an atheist, why are you taking these guys' side?...

Yes, I am atheist, and I'm not taking anyone's "side". It's just I get confused when I see self-proclaimed Christians deny what's clearly written in the Bible.

Quote:

...Anyway, deformities are a reminder of the curse, it's not like God wanted them to be deformed, it's simply a result of the curse...
If God didn't want them to be deformed, they wouldn't be.

Matthew 10:29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father."

Quote:

...It's not a punishment.
Birth defects are a reward? :fear2:

Patriot of the U.S.A 04-02-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 866897)
He's mocking you because he knows a fake when he sees one. We're the only type of Christians he respects because at least we don't lie about God to make ourselves feel better.

I'm not a fake Christian. I believe in God, and I follow his book.

And if you guys respect him and he respects you back, why are there all those red things by his profile?

Redeemed Papist 04-02-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot of the U.S.A (Post 866906)
I'm not a fake Christian. I believe in God, and I follow his book.

And if you guys respect him and he respects you back, why are there all those red things by his profile?

Those red things are there in your profile because you are a fake and a scripture twister and you don't follow God you follow some fake made up thing in your head that's been put there by other people who also faked things who brought you up to believe in a god they too made up by having a nodding acquaintance with a book they only partially believe in.

And they too in their turn were taught to believe that you could pretty much twist scripture to mean whatever is convenient for you and ignore the rest and follow local traditions as if they were gospel.

It's a disgrace and has nothing to do with the actual truth of God. There's only one place to find that Truth but you deny it because it doesn't fit your own idea of what God is that you have inside your head.

Shame on you!

He's just had longer to build them up because he's a dreadful non-believing piece of trash and you might as well join him.

Patriot of the U.S.A 04-02-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 866905)
Yes, I am atheist, and I'm not taking anyone's "side". It's just I get confused when I see self-proclaimed Christians deny what's clearly written in the Bible.

If God didn't want them to be deformed, they wouldn't be.

Matthew 10:29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father."

Birth defects are a reward? :fear2:

I will say it again. BIRTH DEFECTS ARE A REMINDER OF THE CURSE!!!!!!!!!

This is the second time you talked with me. Are you following me?

P.S. The more I talk to you guys, the more I think you guys are actually sincere and are not what most of the internet say you are; a fake church mocking God and trying to lead people away from Christianity.

MitzaLizalor 04-02-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot of the U.S.A (Post 866899)

See the difference?

No.

Quote:

.. blah .. it's simply a result of the curse. It's not a punishment.

So you don't know what "hate" means and now you're switching to "curse" — I'll assume you don't know what that means either.
Here's what God said at the time:
GENESIS 3
And the LORD God said vnto the Serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed aboue all cattel, and aboue euery beast of the field: vpon thy belly shalt thou goe, and dust shalt thou eate, all the dayes of thy life.
15 And I will put enmitie betweene thee and the woman, and betweene thy seed and her seed: it shal bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heele.
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorowe and thy conception. In sorow thou shalt bring forth children: and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and hee shall rule ouer thee.
17 And vnto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened vnto the voyce of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commaunded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eate of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake: in sorow shalt thou eate of it all the dayes of thy life.
18 Thornes also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee: and thou shalt eate the herbe of the field.
19 In the sweate of thy face shalt thou eate bread, till thou returne vnto the ground: for out of it wast thou taken, for dust thou art, and vnto dust shalt thou returne.

©1611

Do you know what "because" means?

Patriot of the U.S.A 04-02-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 866913)
No.

So you don't know what "hate" means and now you're switching to "curse" — I'll assume you don't know what that means either.
Here's what God said at the time:
GENESIS 3
And the LORD God said vnto the Serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed aboue all cattel, and aboue euery beast of the field: vpon thy belly shalt thou goe, and dust shalt thou eate, all the dayes of thy life.
15 And I will put enmitie betweene thee and the woman, and betweene thy seed and her seed: it shal bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heele.
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorowe and thy conception. In sorow thou shalt bring forth children: and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and hee shall rule ouer thee.
17 And vnto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened vnto the voyce of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commaunded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eate of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake: in sorow shalt thou eate of it all the dayes of thy life.
18 Thornes also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee: and thou shalt eate the herbe of the field.
19 In the sweate of thy face shalt thou eate bread, till thou returne vnto the ground: for out of it wast thou taken, for dust thou art, and vnto dust shalt thou returne.

©1611

Do you know what "because" means?

I know what hate means, and I know what curse means, and I know what because means.

I can't take this much longer. If your goal was to team up on me and blast me till I quit, mission accomplished. Goodbye. While I know there is a great counter-argument to every argument here, I just don't know them all. I should have known better than to try to debate with you guys. You guys debate every day, making you professional debaters. You guys should become polititians.

There are a couple people I know that could SO beat you. One's Jesus, and the other one is my neighbor.

This is my last post. Congrats on making me leave. goodbye.

Redeemed Papist 04-02-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot of the U.S.A (Post 866920)
I know what hate means, and I know what curse means, and I know what because means.

I can't take this much longer. If your goal was to team up on me and blast me till I quit, mission accomplished. Goodbye. While I know there is a great counter-argument to every argument here, I just don't know them all. I should have known better than to try to debate with you guys. You guys debate every day, making you professional debaters. You guys should become polititians.

There are a couple people I know that could SO beat you. One's Jesus, and the other one is my neighbor.

It's not about winning and losing. It's about calling out smug little gobshites like you who think you can just assert things and they are true despite there being documented evidence that you are talking out of your backside. God is not who we say He is because we want Him that way; He is the way He is because the only actual evidence for what He is like says that's what He is like.

We KNOW God. We live and breathe who God ACTUALLY is. We don't make Him up. We don't just come out with stuff in an earnest way that will bamboozle or overpower the people we talk to so we feel clever. WE BACK IT UP WITH EVIDENCE. Praise Jesus and his conditional love.

We're not your friends at school. We're not ill informed little people. We won't just back down because you sound certain.

Come back when you have ACTUAL scriptural evidence that we are wrong!

MitzaLizalor 04-02-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot of the U.S.A (Post 866920)

God cursed the ground because Adam sinned. It is not some deterministic outcome but an action undertaken by God to punish Adam.

That is what the source material states. There are many references to those whom God hates in The Bible and we are actually encouraged to search our hearts, to ask God to search our hearts to see if we too are hating as we should. Perhaps you disagree with that sentiment, but that is what The Bible commands. If you choose to disregard The Bible (or any other source) and yet discuss with people who DO accept The Bible how The Bible is WRONG then you are in discussion with the wrong people. In the case of The Bible, rejecting God's word is the same as rejecting God and results in your being cursed BY GOD yourself.

In the case of other sources (the communist manifesto, say) well if you don't agree with that then obviously you're not a communist.
Similarly, if you disagree with The Bible then obviously you're not a Christian.
PSALM 139
Doe not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieued with those that rise vp against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and knowe my heart: trie mee, and knowe my thoughts:
24 And see if there bee any wicked way in me: and leade me in the way euerlasting.

©1611

Patriot of the U.S.A 04-02-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 866923)
It's not about winning and losing. It's about calling out smug little gobshites like you who think you can just assert things and they are true despite there being documented evidence that you are talking out of your backside. God is not who we say He is because we want Him that way; He is the way He is because the only actual evidence for what He is like says that's what He is like.

We KNOW God. We live and breathe who God ACTUALLY is. We don't make Him up. We don't just come out with stuff in an earnest way that will bamboozle or overpower the people we talk to so we feel clever. WE BACK IT UP WITH EVIDENCE. Praise Jesus and his conditional love.

We're not your friends at school. We're not ill informed little people. We won't just back down because you sound certain.

Come back when you have ACTUAL scriptural evidence that we are wrong!

I know I said that would be my last post, but I had to point something out.

(quote) "We don't just come out with stuff in an earnest way that will bamboozle or overpower the people we talk to so we feel clever."

Sorry to break the news to you, but that's EXACTLY what you do to people who aren't great debaters.

Levi Jones 04-02-2012 09:14 PM

Buddy, we aren't trying to harm you or make you leave. The opposite would be the case. We are hoping that you will read God's Holy Word from beginning to end and really take it to heart.

It's not that long and if you have any questions about it, we'll be right here to answer them.

Mary Etheldreda 04-02-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot of the U.S.A (Post 866936)

(quote) "We don't just come out with stuff in an earnest way that will bamboozle or overpower the people we talk to so we feel clever."

Sorry to break the news to you, but that's EXACTLY what you do to people who aren't great debaters.

Son, I'm not a debater of any kind and I'm here. Besides, this isn't a debate forum. The True Christians™ here are simply pointing out what the Holy Bible says. Not what you think it says, not what you think it means to say, not what you think it ought to say. It is God's Holy, Infallible, Perfect, Divine Word. It is constant and cannot change and cannot be improved on. Rather than debate, perhaps you'd like to ask questions. The very knowledgeable True Christians™ here can show you where in the Holy Scriptures the answer can be found.

:)

Capt. Aaron Portway 04-02-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot of the U.S.A (Post 866936)

I've read a bunch of your scripture-twisting posts now, and I could have used this response to any of them. See if you can follow this:

1. The KJV1611 Bible is the perfect and inerrant Word of God.

2. We follow EVERY SINGLE WORD of the One True Bible© and we back up EVERYTHING WE SAY with Scripture.

3. You seem to have a problem with EVERY SINGLE THING WE SAY on this forum.

4. Therefore, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GOD and EVERYTHING HE SAYS!

Pastor Ezekiel 04-03-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot of the U.S.A (Post 866831)
but they can eat of the holy bread, and Jesus did heal cripples, so where in the Bible does it actually SAY that God HATES cripples? Chapter and verse please.

Eat of the WHAT!? :huh:

Where is "holy bread" mentioned in God's Holy Word? Chapter and verse please.:rtfm:

thomasaquin 04-05-2012 10:47 PM

i have pee`d in your holy water (several times)
and from now on i will shit in every church on the carpet ,

http://i.imgur.com/kZcDd.jpg

you are the same like these angry muslims

Cranky Old Man 04-05-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasaquin (Post 867924)
i have pee`d in your holy water (several times)
and from now on i will shit in every church on the carpet ,you are the same like these angry muslims

You seem to be confusing us with child raping Catholics. We do not have holy water, we have a Holy Bible! Also we are not angry.

Pastor Ezekiel 12-28-2013 01:50 AM

Michael J. Fox "selfie." :haha:

Mary Etheldreda 08-21-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1051587)

:giggle: