The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Are You an Atheist? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=20746)

Pastor Ezekiel 03-20-2009 04:40 AM

Are You an Atheist?

I thought this might be a worthwhile exercise for all of the nay-sayers out there; the God-mockers who regularly infest our Christian forum. The Darwinistas have their "Dawkins scale" out there to demonstrate just how deeply they hate Jesus. Well Landover Baptist will not be outdone! This is your chance to prove to the world that America is a Christian country. :thumbsup:

It goes without saying that every True Christian™ loves Jesus with all their heart and soul. I would invite them to describe in detail the manifestations of that love. :wub:

For those of you who are false Christians or weak-kneed liberals, I would urge you to think carefully before checking the box and posting. Jesus reads these pages each and every day. What you say here can and will be used against you, on Judgment Day. :angry:

JennyD 03-20-2009 04:57 AM

Re: How Much Do You Love Jesus?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 308045)
I thought this might be a worthwhile exercise

Pastor, I'm not sure a mere poll can express the way I truly feel about God and Jesus.

The emotions run so deep . . .

Brother Lazarus 03-20-2009 05:13 AM

Re: Are You an Atheist?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 308045)
I thought this might be a worthwhile exercise for all of the nay-sayers out there; the God-mockers who regularly infest our Christian forum. The Darwinistas have their "Dawkins scale" out there to demonstrate just how deeply they hate Jesus. Well Landover Baptist will not be outdone! This is your chance to prove to the world that America is a Christian country. :thumbsup:

It goes without saying that every True Christian™ loves Jesus with all their heart and soul. I would invite them to describe in detail the manifestations of that love. :wub:

For those of you who are false Christians or weak-kneed liberals, I would urge you to think carefully before checking the box and posting. Jesus reads these pages each and every day. What you say here can and will be used against you, on Judgment Day. :angry:

Thank you Pastor Zeke for offering me the opportunity to describe my True Christian love for America and how that love has manifested itself in my life.

I’m sure every True Christian has experienced how both God and love of America influences their life, but for me there were two aspects.

The first is my intellectual recognition that while the Constitution of the United States is the most enlightened document produced by man for self governance, it is still flawed. The founding fathers were so blinded by their disgust of the British Empire and its King they went too far in the banishment of Church from State. I realized early on in my life that Jefferson, as well intended as he may have been, had hatred of the King so great that it led him to leave any meaningful role of God out of the Declaration and the Constitution. This error will someday be rectified, and Jefferson is surely paying for it in Hell, but in the mean time we are forced to deal with the error.

The second is of a more personal nature. While hippies and homers were fleeing from their obligations to this country during the Vietnam War, I stepped forward and voluntarily enlisted in the Navy of these Great United States. It was not something I was compelled to do by the government (I had a low draft number) but it was something that God compelled me to do. That experience comprises the building blocks upon which I have led my life. My Obligation to my shipmates, my obligation to my country, and my obligation to God are the foundations upon which I have lead my life.

Thank you again Pastor Zeke for this opportunity.
Yours in Christ:jesus:
Brother Lazarus

Nobar King 03-20-2009 05:30 AM

Thank you for sharing that story, Brother Lazarus. That was very touching. I appreciate the sacrifice you made for our country.

Capt. Aaron Portway 03-21-2009 02:21 AM

I know that your sickular mathematicians will disagree with me on this one, but I'm at LEAST 10,000% sure that God and Jesus exist. I feel them in my life each and every day!

And I am so filled with love for them that I cannot begin to describe it with mere words! And since I can't sing, I'll leave it to Sister Boone to tell you how I feel about our Lord!

Jimmy C Lombardo 03-21-2009 02:42 AM

I love Jesus with all my heart because I got told that he luvs anyone who accepts him as their personal lord and savior. My folks were athiests because my pops said that the only one he needs love from is Mr. Jack Daniels. Dos that mean my pop is a fag?

I just started readin the Bible on this site. Its been kindof hard to follow since I split off from skool in grade 6 and I dont understand the words. To make things easier Im just gonna say that it is correct no matter what the heck I think. That way I dont have to think about words. I just know that they are right because Jesus says so.

JennyD 03-21-2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy C Lombardo (Post 308325)
I love Jesus with all my heart because I got told that he luvs anyone who accepts him as their personal lord and savior.

Well, that's half true.

You have to do that, and you have to obey all His commands, to show your love for Him.

If you sin, it means you love your sin more than you love Jesus, and He will cast you into Hell.
Quote:

My folks were athiests because my pops said that the only one he needs love from is Mr. Jack Daniels. Dos that mean my pop is a fag?
It's highly likely he experimented with a few trips up the Hershey Highway. Atheists will have sex with whatever moves, because they have no moral compass.

Why, if I weren't a Christian, I could easily choose to become a Lesbian, like Rosie O'Donnell and Ellen did!

Quote:

I dont have to think about words. I just know that they are right because Jesus says so.
Good man! :thumbsup:

Jimmy-Roy Stewart 03-21-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy C Lombardo (Post 308325)
I just started readin the Bible on this site. Its been kindof hard to follow since I split off from skool in grade 6 and I dont understand the words. To make things easier Im just gonna say that it is correct no matter what the heck I think. That way I dont have to think about words. I just know that they are right because Jesus says so.

Thats a good way to look at it i never finished Landover Baptist vo tech but praise Jesus He gave us our Godly Pastors who can explain everything to us you have to believe in Jesus and the Bible even the parts that you dont understand and trust the pastors and be sure to tithe even when times are hard like they are for me right now.

Paladink 03-27-2009 05:34 PM

Well apparently i need to be bitchslapped by God.

Quote:

I'm at LEAST 10,000% sure that God and Jesus exist. I feel them in my life each and every day!
I think somethings out there that started everything, but so far I've never "felt God". I would believe the bible and in your version of God if there weren't so many ways to prove it wrong and so little proof supporting it. I don't hate your religion or any religion, I'm just curious about your opinions of God. So what do you guys mean by "feeling God"?

Nobar King 03-27-2009 06:45 PM

You can't prove that the Bible is wrong.

Bobby-Joe 03-27-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin9 (Post 310372)
Well apparently i need to be bitchslapped by God.

I think somethings out there that started everything, but so far I've never "felt God". I would believe the bible and in your version of God if there weren't so many ways to prove it wrong and so little proof supporting it. I don't hate your religion or any religion, I'm just curious about your opinions of God. So what do you guys mean by "feeling God"?

I think Paul put it best

Philemon 1:7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.
We feel His touch deep down. His presence embraces and fills us to our very depths. No part of us is secret from Him. GLORY! :D

FeebleMinded Christian 03-28-2009 03:35 AM

I am definitely a passionate christian, and I do not support the choice of atheism at all. But it is incredibly hypocritical and unbiblical to have on your poll the term, "atheist scum", as a choice. As Christians, it is meant to be our responsibility to reach out to the unsaved and to let them be aware that we are available to give them help and guidance whenever they feel they need it. If an atheist had seen this poll, he/she would be deeply insulted and assume that we are not interested in their spiritual health at all. Accusations towards other people like this will, in fact, drive them even farther away from believing in the existence of a loving God. I've seen it. The world today is filled with countless people who are simply not aware that there is a God out there who cares about them. We Christians are representatives of Him and we must teach others about His love. We are setting horrible examples of ourselves AND The Lord we follow if we are giving any kind of insulting, demeaning label to an outside person.

FeebleMinded Christian 03-28-2009 03:38 AM

also, i am grossly horrified that the term "bitchslap" is on an official church's forum. What examples are you guys setting for yourselves?

JennyD 03-28-2009 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeMinded Christian (Post 310501)
I am definitely a passionate christian, and I do not support the choice of atheism at all. But it is incredibly hypocritical and unbiblical to have on your poll the term, "atheist scum", as a choice.

I, too, am horrified that people choose to be atheist scum.

It makes me sad, and it makes God enraged. That's why He will burn them in Hell for all eternity.
Quote:

As Christians, it is meant to be our responsibility to reach out to the unsaved and to let them be aware that we are available to give them help and guidance whenever they feel they need it.
Absolutely! That's the very reason for this forum, friend!
Quote:

If an atheist had seen this poll, he/she would be deeply insulted and assume that we are not interested in their spiritual health at all.
Yet several made the atheist deathstyle choice, according to their votes.
Quote:

Accusations towards other people like this will, in fact, drive them even farther away from believing in the existence of a loving God. I've seen it.
What accusations? They choose "Atheist scum" themselves. We have accused them of nothing; they are atheist scum of their own free will.

Surely you understand free will, don't you?
Quote:

The world today is filled with countless people who are simply not aware that there is a God out there who cares about them.
Actually, the world is filled with countless people who are well aware of God, and knowingly ignore His Word -- the Bible -- in favor of their own man-made versions of "god". Typically, this takes the form of an all-loving hippie god.
Quote:

We Christians are representatives of Him and we must teach others about His love.
Yes, and we must also teach them the consequences of rejecting His Love: Eternal torment.
Quote:

We are setting horrible examples of ourselves AND The Lord we follow if we are giving any kind of insulting, demeaning label to an outside person.
Like "dogs" (Samaritans), or "vipers" (Pharisees)?

Jesus saw fit to use those insulting, demeaning labels toward different groups. Do you think you know better than He?

JennyD 03-28-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeMinded Christian (Post 310502)
also, i am grossly horrified that the term "bitchslap" is on an official church's forum. What examples are you guys setting for yourselves?

Would you have us censor the post of an unsaved individual who is here trying to learn about Jesus?

That might drive him away. Why do you want us to drive him away? Why do you hate him so much that you want him to suffer in unending agony in God's Lake of Fire?

FeebleMinded Christian 03-28-2009 04:07 AM

Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor as yourself". Is it me - or does their seem to be an incredible amount of hate on these forums? The world is not gonna get any better if all we're gonna do is pick out who the "sinners" are.

One of the greatest friends I ever had was an atheist. Just because they've made an unfortunate spiritual choice, it doesn't mean they don't still have good enough intentions to eventually make a better decision - Lord willing. The Lord deeply loves all His children - both saved and not.

Bobby-Joe 03-28-2009 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeMinded Christian (Post 310508)
Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor as yourself". Is it me - or does their seem to be an incredible amount of hate on these forums? The world is not gonna get any better if all we're gonna do is pick out who the "sinners" are.

One of the greatest friends I ever had was an atheist. Just because they've made an unfortunate spiritual choice, it doesn't mean they don't still have good enough intentions to eventually make a better decision - Lord willing. The Lord deeply loves all His children - both saved and not.

We agree but friend we are talking about atheists. They are vile lowlifes who do nothing but mock Christians all day.

Hitler was an atheist after all.

Nobar King 03-28-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeMinded Christian (Post 310508)
Is it me - or does their seem to be an incredible amount of hate on these forums?

You are very perceptive. It is unfathomable the amount of abuse that is heaped upon some peaceful worshipers of the Lord.

FeebleMinded Christian 03-28-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 310511)
We agree but friend we are talking about atheists. They are vile lowlifes who do nothing but mock Christians all day.

Hitler was an atheist after all.

umm...Hitler was a Roman Catholic actually

Jimmy C Lombardo 03-28-2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeMinded Christian (Post 310525)
umm...Hitler was a Roman Catholic actually

wats the differunce?