The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   So you gave in to temptation. Where's the blood? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=92252)

Pim Pendergast 08-19-2013 10:16 AM

So you gave in to temptation. Where's the blood?

During my quiet time with the Lord this morning, I felt the Holy Spirit impress Hebrews 12:4 upon my heart.

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

So many wannabe Christians reckon they have deeply-engrained habits they just can't kick, be it masturbation, smoking or looking lustfully at women. They ignore the sinless perfection taught in 1 John 5:18 and use verses like Romans 7:14 to fool themselves into thinking they can indulge in sin now and again and still be Christians. We all face temptation (Jas 1:13). Jesus Himself was tempted just as we are, yet He remained sinless (Heb 4:15). God promises we'll never be tempted beyond what we're able to bear.

1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

We can bear blood loss.

So you gave in to temptation. You masturbated. You coveted. You succumbed to pride, selfishness, the fear of man, the fear of death. How hard did you resist? Where's the blood? True Christians™ cannot sin (1 Jn 3:9).

MitzaLizalor 08-19-2013 10:33 AM

Re: So you gave in to temptation. Where's the blood?

HEBREWS 4
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
KJV
It is encouraging for me to remind my former friends that Jesus was tempted to smoke crack and inject heroin and cane dexies and stand on the street corner. For some reason they confide their obnoxiousnesses to me and although I cannot see the attraction myself, Jesus could and so I witness for Him.

godsfavourite 08-19-2013 11:35 AM

I masturbated a few years back onto my sisters sheets and the lord has yet to forgive me!

How can I make him forgive me and my semen stained soul from entering into the depths of hell???

:(

Pim Pendergast 08-19-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godsfavourite (Post 1022536)
I masturbated a few years back onto my sisters sheets and the lord has yet to forgive me!

How can I make him forgive me and my semen stained soul from entering into the depths of hell?

"Godsfavourite" seems like a misnomer to me. You can't make God forgive you.

Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

But if you confess your sins, God will forgive you (1 Jn 1:9).

Please start a thread in the introduction forum and tell us what church you go to, what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

Pastor Ezekiel 08-20-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Isn't that considered normal behavior in Godless Scotland? :bad:

John C. Coleman 01-09-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

How can I make him forgive me and my semen stained soul from entering into the depths of hell???

:(

Get down on your knees, and pray, and wait for Jesus's 2nd coming.