The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   God Hates Cripples (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=42)

Ugly_Kid_Joe 04-28-2009 01:54 PM

Re: God Hates Cripples

Well, there sure are no medicines to cure that extra chromosome. So that's even a bigger waste of money.

Funwhenpraying 04-28-2009 02:11 PM

I'm speaking of the medicines that temporarily soothe the pain, or helop them sleep, or let them think clearly.

Nobar King 04-28-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funwhenpraying (Post 319625)
I'm speaking of the medicines that temporarily soothe the pain, or helop them sleep, or let them think clearly.

Cripples sleep all day long. What do they need sleeping pills for? And they have a drug that let's you think clearly? Where can I get some of that for you?

Get Thee Hence! 04-28-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funwhenpraying (Post 319625)

Sounds more like a drug designed to dream satanic thoughts, rather than to think clearly.

The pain of Satan is permanent. The medicine you allude to can only be found in one book, and on one forum.

Fortunately for us, cripples have earned their pain, and are very useful to society in that they are a reminder of what is in store for heathen hippies and their 'alternative' medicines.

You're problem seems to have started with "I'm speaking....."

Funwhenpraying 04-28-2009 06:06 PM

I understand what your getting at now...

Bobby-Joe 04-28-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funwhenpraying (Post 319675)
I understand what your getting at now...

Do you friend? We must understand that the real cause of illness and deformity is SIN! Instead of looking to some doctor we need to look to Christ.

Medicine was invented by the Indians and copied by the Greeks. That should say how good medicine really is.

Eugene Hackwith 04-29-2009 02:20 AM

Let's not forget those human beings who are crippled mentally and are stricken with personal demons. I'm talking about the schizophrenics, the manic-depressives, the anxiety stricken neurotics, and the depressed.

Almighty God, in his infinite wisdom, is testing these people who He has afflicted with madness, has thrown them into the world with a few loose screws to see if they can survive. The faithful ones find an even stronger faith in Jesus within themselves, while the weaker folks turn to new age pharmaceuticals and talk therapy. Don't they know that God can heal them of their afflictions?

Quote:

Psalm 34:17-20

17The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
20He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

Zipplock 05-08-2009 02:48 AM

let me ask a question... i was born with only one kidney and never knew about it until i went for some routine blood test and everything was out of wack. i was sixteen at this time and was admitted to the hospital where they ran more tests and found out my one and only kidney was only working 10% i was on dialysis for a year until my wonderful brother donated one of his kidneys to me and i have been doing quite wonderful for the past 9 years. so because i was born " blemished " god must really hate me right? according to your believes i probley should have died and gone to hell for not having an extra kidney. well sorry but if god truely hated me then he would never have made me in the first place. he obviousley love me very much and proves it everyday by still keeping me on this earth. he still loves me no matter what mistakes i make or sins i commit. god loves everybody no matter what you Landfill Baptist Church people say.... nobody is perfect except god those without sin shall cast the first stone. B)

iamyourgod 05-08-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Al E Pistle (Post 1296)
Cripples need to do what they can do to help the rest of the Christian community. They make excellent fish bait.

WOW YOU'RE A piffle OFF!

Brother Temperance 05-08-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamyourgod (Post 322295)
WOW YOU'RE A piffle OFF!

It's a shame this young fellow was banned. I would've liked to know what a "piffle OFF" is when it's at home.

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-08-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipplock (Post 322286)
so because i was born " blemished " god must really hate me right?

Would you care to offer an alternate explanation for why God nearly killed you, and then let you suffer through extended dialysis and then surgery, when He could easily have given you two perfect kidneys?
Quote:

he obviousley love me very much and proves it everyday by still keeping me on this earth.
Why do you think that being kept on Earth is better than being called to Heaven? Our goal is to be with God, not here on Earth with vile sinners.
Quote:

he still loves me no matter what mistakes i make or sins i commit.
Could you demonstrate this using Scripture?

Father Thomas Martin 05-09-2009 07:11 PM

So you hate the people Jesus took compassion on and healed?

You people-I don't know what you are, but you're certainly NOT Christians!

Pastor Ezekiel 05-10-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 322688)

Oh, we like the ones that He healed just fine. :thumbsup:

Quote:

You people-I don't know what you are, but you're certainly NOT Christians!

Thus spake the Mary-worshiping, ring-kissing, bead-counting, antiChrist-following Catlicker. :haha:

Hieronymous Bosch 05-10-2009 03:40 PM

Well, Darwin didn't think much of the handicapped either. After all it is survival of the 'fittest'. So if God doesn't like them and Darwin doesn't like them why is society spending so much money on handicapped people?
BTW, I understand that society takes a dim view of calling them 'cripples' now, so I am using handicapped, but I think that is falling out of favor too. hmmmm. maybe I should call them 'physically challenged' or something like that. I better ask some liberal.

Ezekiel Bathfire 05-10-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

But He made them like that in the first place. It was a sort of temporary punishment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hieronymous Bosch (Post 322938)
Well, Darwin didn't think much of the handicapped either. After all it is survival of the 'fittest'. So if God doesn't like them and Darwin doesn't like them why is society spending so much money on handicapped people?
BTW, I understand that society takes a dim view of calling them 'cripples' now, so I am using handicapped, but I think that is falling out of favor too. hmmmm. maybe I should call them 'physically challenged' or something like that. I better ask some liberal.

I like the cut of your jib, sir! A straight thinking man! :thumbsup:

Pastor Isaac Peters 05-11-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

God made them that way to glorify Himself:

John 9:2-3: And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

If God were a god of lie-beral do-good-ing, which the Bible plainly shows that He isn't, they wouldn't have been born that way at all, now, would they have?

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-11-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 323311)
God made them that way to glorify Himself:

John 9:2-3: And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

If God were a god of lie-beral do-good-ing, which the Bible plainly shows that He isn't, they wouldn't have been born that way at all, now, would they have?

Pastor, now I feel silly. What was I thinking? It's so obvious!

God made Zipplock a feeb and forced him to suffer and nearly die, in order to demonstrate His great power! And that's why He created Down Syndrome, and congenital heart failure, and Type I Diabetes! These horrible illnesses are crafted into the child as it grows in the womb, to show the world the majesty of God!

Glory! :yahoo:

Waffle 06-17-2009 04:22 AM

That's it, you are either an amazing troll, or an amazingly misguided person. I can't believe you would actually say that God hates cripples.

Let me make this clear: THE BIBLE TELLS US TO LOVE OTHERS. Stop preaching doom-and-gloom/let's go find another group to hate style messages.

Pastor Ezekiel 06-17-2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffle (Post 342727)
That's it, you are either an amazing troll, or an amazingly misguided person. I can't believe you would actually say that God hates cripples.

Let me make this clear: THE BIBLE TELLS US TO LOVE OTHERS. Stop preaching doom-and-gloom/let's go find another group to hate style messages.

Please quote the scripture you are referring to. Chapter and verse, please.

We have provided scriptural backing for our position, which is the same as God's.

MidwestCatLady 06-17-2009 12:32 PM

I have no doubt affliction is a punishment either for past or present sin (family sin).

It would seem rather than mock the sick and afflicted, one way for Salvation for them is to have the Church elders pray and anoint them with Holy oil, they will then confess their sins and be healed. Hence, the command to go into the world and preach the Word of God. Perhaps it is up to us to help the sick rather than shun them but only if they repent and come forth.

But I do not like my tax dollars going for many of America's useless social programs to "help" the less fortunate or the poor or the homeless or the stupid or the "crippled" because their numbers keep growing. Kind of like praising a kid for bad behavior. Your group might be surprised how many in my Public Health forum feel the same way. Even the secular are sick of supporting the sick and afflicted as these mass of unfortunate grow and suck the wealth out of our Great Nation. Money is a resource. Love is unlimited as is the possibility of Salvation. Perhaps if more of the afflicted would seek relief through Christ we would not need to throw money at them or maybe it might be the other way around. By this I mean, if we continue to throw money at them, they will never find true healing.

James 5
13Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.