The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pray for the persecuted oil industry! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=7895)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-01-2008 03:43 PM

Pray for the persecuted oil industry!

Royal Dutch Shell is facing persecution from the freedom-hating Eurotrash:

While investors fretted about whether the $27,600,000,000 profits based on the current cost of supply masked deep problems facing the world's second largest non-government oil company, Shell received a barrage of complaints that its earnings were "obscene"...

The company's chief executive, Jeroen van der Veer, said the figures were "satisfactory"

$27,600,000,000 of profits isn't such a big deal, it's only slightly more than the total gross domestic product of Wyoming. And while Shell gives us excellent gas at reletively modest prices, what has Wyoming ever given us?

Remember, it was GOD that decided the exact amount of profits the oil corporations make - every penny in their pockets was carefully put there by almighty GOD.

So if you don't like gas prices, your problem is not with the oil industry, your problem is with GOD.

CNBC -- Exxon Mobil said on Friday record oil prices boosted its fourth-quarter earnings to $11,660,000,000, the highest ever operating profit by a U.S. company. Net earnings per share at the world's largest non-government-controlled oil company rose to $2.13 a share from $1.76 a share last year.

The amount of income for Exxon Mobil last year was more than that of Pennsylvania. Once again, Exxon fuels freedom at a reletively modest price, while what has Pennsylvania ever given us? People should complain that we pay too much for Pennsylvania, not too much for gas!

UPDATE: Even Chevron is being persecuted: they have faced so many baseless allegations of cronyism that they had to rename the "Condoleezza Rice" tanker!

The tanker's name also raised more serious questions of possible conflict of interest for Rice because Chevron does business on six continents and 25 countries and has been sued for alleged human rights abuses in Nigeria....

Chevron officials argued last month that the ship's name was entirely appropriate because it was a special honor for Rice -- part of a longstanding tradition of naming ships after members of the Chevron board. They noted that George Shultz, David Packard and Kenneth T. Derr were all afforded similar honors, and that those names did not change even when honorees went into government service.

Let us pray that God continues to bless the oil industry with hundredfold riches. Amen.

2010 UPDATE: PRAYER WARRIORS STAND AT ATTENTION:

No doubt Obama will exploit the dead oil workers in the recent Gulf of Mexico disaster to force safety and environmental regulations upon the oil industry, even though the voluntary standards have always been good enough:

"We are not supportive of the extensive, prescriptive regulations as proposed in this rule," wrote Richard Morrison, BP's vice president for Gulf of Mexico production. "We believe industry's current safety and environmental statistics demonstrate that the voluntary programs implemented since the adoption of [voluntary standards] have been and continue to be very successful."

Brother Habbo 02-01-2008 04:57 PM

Re: Pray for the persecuted oil industry!

I'm pray for those oil companies.

They wouldn't be making all of that money if they didn't deserve it.

Proverbs 15:6 In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.

Cheshire 02-01-2008 05:09 PM

Obscene? why, they are just hard working men, getting paid for their work, and earning what they should.

Pastor Ezekiel 02-02-2008 01:50 PM

Praise Jesus! The pickings tithes will be bountiful this year! And once President Huckabee is sworn in, look for even better times ahead!

And the liebrals keep saying America's economy is in trouble. :glare:

One-eyed Jack 02-02-2008 02:31 PM

I will indeed pray.

Lord, please let the scales of hypocrisy and the blinders of prejudice drop from the eyes of the unrighteous. Let them realize that God has ordered the American government to give the oil companies tax relief and subsidies because they are RIGHTEOUS! Would God have favored these great works upon His Earth so highly if they were unrighteous bloodsucking profiteers?

Of course not! The blessed are known by the blessings that are upon them!

May Lord Jesus the Christ give the righteous harvesters of God's underground bounty the rewards they deserve. As Jacob, long may they suck oil from the flinty rock!

So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.

He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock. Deuteronomy 32:12,13

Amen.

~~ OEJ

Mr. Jingles 02-03-2008 03:54 AM

In responce to Brother Thurmond, Wyoming did give us that homer Matthew Sheppard, who got his just desserts, I say.

I, too, will pray that the oil industry comes out of it's terrible slump. Some of their CEO's are down to only one Learjet; how they survive, I just don't know.

sinner 02-05-2008 05:12 PM

Such good men, worthy of so much praise and earthly rewards for their good deeds and even better hearts. May the lord bless them with pennises the size of those of dunkeys and ejaculations like those of horses just like he did the Egyptians. These men deserve all the good things the good lord is sending their way. The best part, of course, is that in the process of extracting the black gold in the name of our lord, god ohmighty, they're killing thousandths of those damned Mohamad-loving Muslim heathens.

Ahhhmen!

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8...ac38pg5.th.jpg

"1-666 - Area code of the Beast"

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 06-30-2008 02:48 PM

It's about time for people to stop whining about gas prices. The oil companies are run by hard-working Christian men who should have the freedom to set their prices however they like. John McCain sums it up best:

Quote:

Martin Wisckol of the Orange County Register: "When was the last time you pumped your own gas and how much did it cost?"

MCCAIN: "Oh, I don’t remember. Now there’s Secret Service protection. But I’ve done it for many, many years. I don’t recall and frankly, I don’t see how it matters."

snottyduck 06-30-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 205474)
It's about time for people to stop whining about gas prices. The oil companies are run by hard-working Christian men who should have the freedom to set their prices however they like. John McCain sums it up best:

I hope you realize that the biggest part of the oil comes from middle-east countries. The only people who make even bigger money are the oil-sheiks in those countries. And Oh, I don't have to remind you which connections some have over there and where the money goes to?? You got it right, Bin Laden and buddies.

Nobar King 06-30-2008 04:18 PM

We'll get that all back once the Holy war against islamojihadofacism is won.

snottyduck 06-30-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 205514)
We'll get that all back once the Holy war against islamojihadofacism is won.

I hope it's better planned than the current war in Iraq because that is one messed up situation.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 06-30-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snottyduck (Post 205512)
I hope you realize that the biggest part of the oil comes from middle-east countries.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html

The top sources of US crude oil imports for April were Canada (1.952 million barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1.453 million barrels per day), Mexico (1.259 million barrels per day), Nigeria (1.115 million barrels per day), and Venezuela (1.019 million barrels per day).

Anyone want to work out the math?

snottyduck 06-30-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 205526)
http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html

The top sources of US crude oil imports for April were Canada (1.952 million barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1.453 million barrels per day), Mexico (1.259 million barrels per day), Nigeria (1.115 million barrels per day), and Venezuela (1.019 million barrels per day).

Anyone want to work out the math?

Let's see, Middle-East:

Saudi Arabia: 1453NIGERIA: 1,115
IRAQ: 679
ALGERIA: 393
KUWAIT: 176
LIBYA: 85

That's about 3901 Million barrels per day coming out of the Middle-East, unlike you I can do the math.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 06-30-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snottyduck (Post 205535)
Let's see, Middle-East:

NIGERIA: 1,115
That's about 3901 Million barrels per day coming out of the Middle-East, unlike you I can do the math.

Yet not the Geography: Nigeria is in sub-saharan Africa (why do you think it starts with "nig").

http://www.state.gov/cms_images/nigeria_map.jpg

More of our oil comes from Canada and Mexico than the entire Islamic world. Thanks for doing the math for me.

Don the Baptist 06-30-2008 05:21 PM

Praying for record haul profits for all the Godly oil companies. This has been a long time coming for these hard working men.... http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...yingSmilie.gif

Go Big Oil! http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...ckBigBoobs.gif

Unfalsifiable 06-30-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snottyduck (Post 205535)
Let's see, Middle-East:

Saudi Arabia: 1453NIGERIA: 1,115
IRAQ: 679
ALGERIA: 393
KUWAIT: 176
LIBYA: 85

Wow, Nigeria is in the Middle East is it? Nice going. :D

snottyduck 07-01-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unfalsifiable (Post 205638)
Wow, Nigeria is in the Middle East is it? Nice going. :D

I don't care who calls it what, it's all in the same region of the world.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 07-01-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snottyduck (Post 205724)

The eastern hemisphere?

Brother Temperance 07-01-2008 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by snottyduck (Post 205724)

Snottyduck, like most racist goths on the drugs, has a very special understanding of geography.
Attachment 5537

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 09-19-2008 03:53 PM

WOW! Alaska really IS right next to Russia! I though that talking point was just for the low-information voters.

Wow, look what else I discovered: Hawaii is next to North Korea - I guess that explains Obama's communism.