The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Poetaster's Korner (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   It's My Heart (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=95555)

Naomi Ruth Lamb 12-28-2013 08:07 AM

It's My Heart

It's my heart and it's yours, it's you it adores. It's not my pie that calls your name, it's my heart, all aflame. Come out of the kitchen, to get what you're wishin'; Don't look in the pan if you want to be my man, It's here in my chest that gives you my best, it's my heart, it's my heart, it's my heart. NRL

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 12-28-2013 08:16 AM

Re: It's My Heart

That's just lovely, Miss Naomi! :thumbsup:

The True Christian™ man who wins your heart will be blessed indeed. :D

Dr Laurence Niles 12-28-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naomi Ruth Lamb (Post 1051618)
It's my heart and it's yours, it's you it adores. It's not my pie that calls your name, it's my heart, all aflame. Come out of the kitchen, to get what you're wishin'; Don't look in the pan if you want to be my man, It's here in my chest that gives you my best, it's my heart, it's my heart, it's my heart. NRL

It would have pleased Jesus a whole lot more if it had paragraphs.

Jesus made sure the Bible had paragraphs: are you saying you are better than Jesus?

YIC

Nobar King 12-28-2013 11:12 AM

:wub:(swoon)

VictoryOS 12-28-2013 03:42 PM

Miss Sister Naomi, you are such a wonderful delight! You're gifted in so many ways.

Attila's Wife 12-28-2013 07:49 PM

Sister Naomi Ruth, I was moved to tears by this, although, as Dr Niles points out, you are more likely to please :jesus-fancy: and any potential husband if you can sort out your formatting problem. Perhaps your father could help with this?

YiC
AW
:jesus:

Mrs. Paddy McIrish 12-28-2013 08:07 PM

Sister Naomi, you never fail to surprise! What a clever turn of phrase; the LORD has blessed you indeed. You glorify Him by sharing your God-given talent (Numbers 18:29) with us all.

Although I must confess, it is your pie that calls MY name ... in a completely appropriate and heterosexual way, of course. :innocent:

Pastor Ezekiel 12-29-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naomi Ruth Lamb (Post 1051618)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark L. Snyde, PhD (Post 1051621)
That's just lovely, Miss Naomi! :thumbsup:

The True Christian™ man who wins your heart will be blessed indeed. :D

She was obviously talking to me. :gleam:

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 12-29-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1051775)
She was obviously talking to me. :gleam:

Poor Pastor Zeke, you probably have ALL the sweet young ladies falling for you. But who can blame them? What young lady wouldn't want to hang with Christ's right hand man, God's go-to guy? :innocent:

IreneS 12-29-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark L. Snyde, PhD (Post 1051779)
Poor Pastor Zeke, you probably have ALL the sweet young ladies falling for you. But who can blame them? What young lady wouldn't want to hang with Christ's right hand man, God's go-to guy? :innocent:

This is so very true. I love Pastor Zeke nearly as much as I love Jesus! :wub:

Basilissa 12-29-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IreneS (Post 1051782)
This is so very true. I love Pastor Zeke nearly as much as I love Jesus! :wub:

Right?

I am so glad that Sister Daisy Mae is so understanding and never complains when Pastor Zeke pulls an all nighter private Bible study session! :wub: He has such a talent to fill young girls - and boys - with Jesus' love!