The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Choir music? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97998)

Torch bearer 03-24-2014 02:09 PM

Choir music?

Hello. I read your excellent article about devil's music, and the advices. However there were no comments about choir music. :(
Can that be practised? It goes without saying that we only sing songs that praise Jesus, God and the Holy spirit.

Cincerely,
Torch bearer

Freddy Osborne 03-24-2014 02:40 PM

Re: Choir music?

I would only attend churches in which the choir sings songs promoting only traditional Christianity hymns. Skip those hippie contemporary music services.

The only acceptable exception is on the July 4th for the USA national anthem. This is okay since The Star-Spangled Banner is about the US flag which has been predetermined Godly in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Praise Jesus!!

James Hutchins 03-24-2014 05:54 PM

Friend, 'Choir music' is performed by false Christians.
True Christians™ have Gospel. Gospel music is Gods Music.

Talitha 03-24-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1076009)
True ChristiansFriend, 'Choir music' is performed by false Christians.

Brother, that reminds me, we have to double up security this weekend. We have booked a darkie choir on Sunday, and, well, you know how it is.......:chase2:

Pastor Ezekiel 03-25-2014 04:29 AM

Sounds queer to me. :glare:

Torch bearer 03-25-2014 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1076009)

Honorable James Hutchins
I am confident that you by "gospel" don't mean the kind that for example Mahalia Jackson "sang". Am I right in assuming you mean what is also referred to as Christian hymn?

Most honorable pastor Ezekiel.
Altough I cannot be as wise as you, we don't have women in our choir. It does not sound as queer without women, and we sang "A hymn to thanksgiving" by Ira D. Sankey. We know it isn't thanksgiving now.

Humbly,
Torch bearer

Torch bearer 03-25-2014 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frednekk (Post 1075968)
I would only attend churches in which the choir sings songs promoting only traditional Christianity hymns. Skip those hippie contemporary music services.

The only acceptable exception is on the July 4th for the USA national anthem. This is okay since The Star-Spangled Banner is about the US flag which has been predetermined Godly in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Praise Jesus!!

Honorable Frednekk.

Most church choirs here are mixed, both men and women singing. Therefore I seldom visit such occations. We sing out our love for God.

Sadly we don't celebrate the 4:th of July here. I have to take this up with our conductur.

Sincerely,
Torch bearer

WilliamJenningsBryan 03-25-2014 08:49 AM

For a bit of clarification, true Bible (KJV1611) believing churches don't believe in choirs in the traditional sense (i.e. SATB, etc.) mainly because they were promoted by the cathylicks. I mean really, who would want to listen to a Gregorian chant - it sounds like summoning the devil.

The Bible (KJV1611) does permit us to sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs (2 Chronicles 5:12-14 Colossians 3:16), and God does like these festivities to be accompanied by cymbals, psalteries, harps and trumpets (James 5:13).